You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Fixing Huang He (Preview) - Let’s Discuss How to Make Her Better

88 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,481 posts
3,198 battles
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I'm not a fan of removing citadels, as that's kind of fundamental to the core mechanics/class mechanics. If we had to go down that road, I'd prefer a "light citadel" that takes 50% damage hits instead of 100% hits. It still retains the core citadel mechanic, but it isn't as severe. 

Better option. 

-

also maybe top booster? -

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,544 battles

Personally I think the ship belongs at tier 5. Hell Aruthsea class should of been the tier 5 instead of Emerald.

My 2 cents.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,544 posts
14,426 battles
6 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I'm not a fan of removing citadels, as that's kind of fundamental to the core mechanics/class mechanics. If we had to go down that road, I'd prefer a "light citadel" that takes 50% damage hits instead of 100% hits. It still retains the core citadel mechanic, but it isn't as severe. 

I see your point. And I agree that it is less than ideal given the precedent it could set (Khab notwithstanding).

However, when we consider its competitors in the tier: Leander has 33% more firepower, more HP and additional durability in the form of smoke; Cleveland has twice the firepower and way more health but loses torpedoes; Russian, German, Italian and French cruisers all massively out gun and/torp her too. 

To make her competitive at this level, significant increases to her rate of fire, and extra gimmicks like smoke, heals and/or Tier 8 concealment modules would need to be considered to not totally gimp her. In that context, I think removing the citadel strikes the right balance between balance and new gameplay offerings. 

Besides, AP can still do 1/3 pens on her, likely with higher frequency than on DDs. Given the low HP, it's almost as though she'd have a "half citadel" already. 

[PNP]
Members
448 posts
3,886 battles

I watched your video about the ship this morning. You stated that survivability is a huge issue with this ship, along with the guns. I really want to say what needs improving is the over gun handling of the main armament or perhaps buff the AP and HE rounds, but this might lead to difficulty for balancing down the line. Perhaps maybe keep the current guns and instead implement an increase the range of the main guns as well improve maneuverability? 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I think removing the citadel would be an intriguing move and would aide it as a destroyer hunter.  But we also wanted that for the Atlanta and never got it.

ATL has a heck of a lot more offensive punch than this ship.  Even with no citadel, with the low health pool this ship will struggle from just 33% pens.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, IronWolfV said:

Personally I think the ship belongs at tier 5. Hell Aruthsea class should of been the tier 5 instead of Emerald.

My 2 cents.

Why T5 when it has less firepower and hitpoints than everything else in T5?  The ship is a 4 at best.  Without smoke, Perth is only a T5.  This thing is less than Perth, therefore, without smoke it's a T4.

Edited by crzyhawk

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles
2 hours ago, SparvieroVV said:

Well the ship is no longer on the October release schedule. 

They are trying to figure out how to get t6 cash out of it.  It's end up compromised, gimmicky trash.  They need to stop sticking ships in higher tiers just so they can charge more money for them.  If they put the ship in T4 where it belongs, it would be something that could be highly recommended for newer players who want a premium ship, and more difficult to seal club with due to captain issues (no other PA cruisers to set up captains with, so you'd have to use a fresh captain or a DD captain).  Some folks would buy it just for the match making.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles

So they learn to stay away from things like Atlantas and Des Moines right?  That's a life-lesson for CVs at a tier where they face very few AA ships.  At T4, she'd lose DF.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles

They could do that, but it would definitely be OP.  Really, what I /want/ is Aurora, in her British form, with her white ensign.  If I can't have that, I'd play Huang He, if they tier it properly.  I will not reward them with my money for another Krasny Krym that they put in a higher tier to grab more cash from it.