Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Future Meta Uncertain, At Lost to What To Grind Next

28 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles

Please share your experiences in your favorite line of ships, any class. Trying to find some inspiration for the next grind target.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Started playing KM DDs. It is a weird line, and I feel like they are unrewarding for the support you bring. Though I am still having fun with them somehow, while I truly suck at it.

Most fun grinding I had was towards the Khab.

Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

IJN DDs are my favorite for stealthy torping and scouting. IJN CAs are Swiss Army Knives with good guns and torps, with low-to-moderate AA, and the higher tiers are very stealthy for a CA.  IJN BBs will spoil you with their speed compared to other BBs, but are vulnerable to air attack. 

The new RN BBs have insane fire chance for their HE main rounds. That is all I have on those so far. Having a blast setting a dozen fires in the Iron Duke. The RN CLs have their own dot-o-smoke to hide in and snipe from.

I have not gotten into the USN line much yet. Have a Farragut and it is fun. Over 8k battles and still no USN. Maybe I should get on that.

The KM line has brawling BBs and some nice Cruisers. If you like getting up close and duking it out, then a KM BB is for you. Bismarck has 11.3 km secondaries. Bayern has 7.6 but will shred lower tier CLs.

The Russians have speedy gunboat DDs and strange CL/CAs.  All the pieces work, but I cannot seem to make them work well. That's just me though. Your mileage may vary.

The French CLs are razor-thin and hard to hit. Fast and nimble, they can wiggle their way out of most scrapes. I have not gotten to the higher tier CAs yet.

If you like getting into the battle and being part of the team, then IJN DDs. They are fast enough, stealthy(Yugumo 5.5km detect), and torpy. Their smoke has good deployment and duration to hide your team mates. The "gunboat" line is nice as well, but not quite up to USN or Russian standards.

If you want a nice radar/gun CA someday, grind USN. As a DD captain, I LOATHE them. hehehe  AA rating for both CAs and BBs gets insane the higher you go, so if you don't like planes, they are nice for that.

KM BBs own the brawling titles. They are the opposite of a sniping BB.

If you want to snipe, an RN Cruiser with smoke is nice. Find a spot, stop, smoke, let loose.

Hope that helps.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,455 posts
10,465 battles

Just play all the lines. Why miss out?

Beta Testers
1,195 posts
6,161 battles
2 hours ago, joris92 said:

Started playing KM DDs. It is a weird line, and I feel like they are unrewarding for the support you bring. Though I am still having fun with them somehow, while I truly suck at it.

Most fun grinding I had was towards the Khab.

They are, without a doubt, the DDs that require the most effort to play well. They are seriously late bloomers when it comes to their potential as well, more or less the opposite of USN DDs; torpedoes are solid through the entire line, but it isn't until tier 9 when you really get your gun power and good hydro to start bullying other DDs in caps. USN DDs have good guns from tier 4 onward, but trash torpedoes until t8 where they're decent, and t9 where they're possibly the best well rounded torpedoes in the game.

German cruisers are also like that as well, underwhelming until tier 9 when you gain your personality, which is extreme dpm with reliable guns. Roon and Hindenburg are strong contenders for my favorite ships in the game, but Hipper made me want to quit this line.

Russian cruisers are probably the least painful overall. Kirov is a ball of suffering but t6-10 are probably the least painful grind in the game, alongside USN DDs. I'd also say IJN BBs here, but Izumo exists.

Edited by SeraphicRadiance
  • Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles

I've started on the German Destroyers and the UK Battleships (both Tier 6), whilst trying to finish off the French Cruisers (Tier 8).  

I have mainly learnt that I am suboptimal at DDs that dont have effective guns, though I just got the Hydro upgrade on the Gaede and just lolspotted some ships camping in smoke for the kek.  So, I can see how that line will improve.  

I have also learnt that I cant aim in the Queen Elizabeth, and I spend the whole game chasing the enemy ships achieving almost nothing, or run into the main body of the enemy fleet and unable to flee, achieving nothing.  Apparently, they get better in higher tiers, so I will press on.  

Otherwise, whatever floats your boat!

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,783 battles

The newer the line, the better. Power creep has unfortunately left quite a few lines behind. French cruisers and Royal navy battleships are currently the best lines hands down atm. The Pan-Asian DDs will certainly be really good as well. 

Beta Testers
1,195 posts
6,161 battles
8 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

The newer the line, the better. Power creep has unfortunately left quite a few lines behind. French cruisers and Royal navy battleships are currently the best lines hands down atm. The Pan-Asian DDs will certainly be really good as well. 

Pretty much, I could NEVER recommend Japanese cruisers over French cruisers now. Yamato at least has enough flavor to almost justify its use over the Conqueror, yet is locked behind Mt. Izumo that you have to climb, but the only real "weak" ship in the British battleship line is the Monarch, which is still pretty good.

French cruisers have overshadowed Japanese cruisers for sure, though.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles
On 10/3/2017 at 1:14 AM, _V12 said:

CVs.

:cap_haloween:

Feels like IJN CVs are going to get the nerf stick. If USN CVs can get similar load out, the plane quality would shift advantage to USN.

Members
1,936 posts
10 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Feels like IJN CVs are going to get the nerf stick. If USN CVs can get similar load out, the plane quality would shift advantage to USN.

lmbo

after years of IJN CVs teabagging Murican ones, why would this change now 

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles
16 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

lmbo

after years of IJN CVs teabagging Murican ones, why would this change now 

Then we need RN CVs.  That way when they teabag us it's culturally relevant.  

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,216 battles
On 10/3/2017 at 3:27 AM, NeutralState said:

Please share your experiences in your favorite line of ships, any class. Trying to find some inspiration for the next grind target.

Grind the free ship this month and take your time to decide.  

Edited by comtedumas

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles
15 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Then we need RN CVs.  That way when they teabag us it's culturally relevant.  

RN CVs? is the line going to be 90% fictional?

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
716 posts

Just finished the US DD grind to the gearing and just made 19 pts on it's captain. I am going back through a variety of ships now and trying to improve the individual WR and captains skills on them but with the holidays on the horizon as well as holiday missions and scenarios I am hoping santa will be good to us this year.

[CRMSN]
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
On 03/10/2017 at 3:27 AM, NeutralState said:

KM DD's will counter the new Pan Asian radar DD's if they are released with radar.

They will be cap contesting kings for the near future.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,176 battles
7 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

KM DD's will counter the new Pan Asian radar DD's if they are released with radar.

They will be cap contesting kings for the near future.

How? There's no way Radar has less range than Hydro. The instant Pan Asia DD gets detected by hydro, they pop radar. Seems a pretty even fight, if anything in the favor of Pan Asia since hydro's shorter range means KM DD has to be closer to the enemy team.

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

Getting all 3 Battleship lines in the game done is always a nice thing to have, as BBs will always be relevant in this game. So there is little downside in investing time in those lines. Plus a "terrible" BB is still better than many of the other ships in the tier.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
4 hours ago, NeutralState said:

I don't think WG understand CVs very well, and are afraid to make changes. If they were a mechanic and you said your car wouldn't start, they'd see if rotating the tires fixed the problem.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles

Just play whatever you have fun in. Find a ship and play it.

[CRMSN]
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
3 hours ago, NeutralState said:

How? There's no way Radar has less range than Hydro. The instant Pan Asia DD gets detected by hydro, they pop radar. Seems a pretty even fight, if anything in the favor of Pan Asia since hydro's shorter range means KM DD has to be closer to the enemy team.

The 6km range is very close to the max range of their radar. You bum rush them and endure the 10-15 second radar duration. Smoke up and hydro lit. After that its all about melting faces. 

[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,151 battles

I like my KM DD line, the hydro is awesome flushing dd's outta their smoke and the hydro is active for a lot longer than radar

thy are very good seek and destroy ships

Edited by Darthvader_9

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,371 battles

British BB seems to be the new Hot Meta Topic if you want to grind for that

[MWM]
Supertester
1,794 posts
5,040 battles

I really enjoy the british cruisers right now.  quite hard to play as once you are seen... you die... quickly. 

Sign in to follow this