You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grizley

Request for official response on the mass suspensions

97 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

So how about an official response to the mass suspension of players?  

Understand that the least humiliating thing you can say is "Oops, sorry about that. All accounts will be returned by morning with 7 days of premium."

• Cool 14

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,892 battles

It would be nice, or at least some reassurance.  Unlocking that 7 day ban thread would be a good start, it had good information & mentions on the number of banned people.

Edited by GoldPile
  • Cool 1

[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,510 battles

I feel like you people are trying to put one over on me. If that many people had been banned, then someone would have said something about it. There's an old saying that goes fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again!

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Yeah, about 30% of the population, give or take. Plus lots of information on what might be causing the ban system to malfunction.

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

• Cool 4

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles
1 minute ago, dngrcnnn said:

I feel like you people are trying to put one over on me. If that many people had been banned, then someone would have said something about it. There's an old saying that goes fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again!

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Mushroom, blatant lying and then apologies and promises to do better next time.

[MASSD]
Members
56 posts
6,254 battles
29 minutes ago, dngrcnnn said:

What mass suspensions, comrade?

Well...there was actually a 16 page thread about it. But that was deleted, so we are starting over from scratch. Apparently someone thinks that deleting that thread makes the questions and issue go away.

EDIT: I didn't recognize the name at first (and the fact that you posted in that thread), I now realize you were being sarcastic. My mistake.

Edited by FormulaZR
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,892 battles
Just now, Grizley said:

Mushroom, blatant lying and then apologies and promises to do better next time.

It means nothing if they don't reverse the 7 day false positive ban. The next false positive ban is permanent if this one doesn't go away.

[BIAS]
Members
190 posts
14,789 battles
10 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Understand that the least humiliating thing you can say is "Oops, sorry about that. All accounts will be returned by morning with 7 days of premium."

Communication would be nice, and soon. This is the kind of thing you call employees back to the office for.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
Just now, GoldPile said:

It means nothing if they don't reverse the 7 day false positive ban. The next false positive ban is permanent if this one doesn't go away.

Pretty much.  That might be why they're delaying an official appol... Response.  They need to figure out a way to unsuspend all the people and remove the strike.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
2 minutes ago, chs4000 said:

Communication would be nice, and soon. This is the kind of thing you call employees back to the office for.

Their Russian office, the ones that can actually do something, should be coming in shortly anyway.

995w3.jpg

Members
3,813 posts
14,132 battles

After hearing about this major f**kup I decided not to buy some premium time since I might find myself in the same boat as those others just for using the Training Room.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
3 minutes ago, leehwongxing said:

Now i"m commenting as a suspended one too

Feels-Bad-Man-Feels-Bad.jpg

Members
694 posts
4,401 battles
6 minutes ago, FormulaZR said:

Well...there was actually a 16 page thread about it. But that was deleted, so we are starting over from scratch. Apparently someone thinks that deleting that thread makes the questions and issue go away.

It's iChase all over again. No doubt the topic violated some rule so it's time to shut off your brain and go full speed ahead with the dumbfuckery. After all if you don't zealously enforce the rules to the exclusion of reason what's the point of having rules? 

It's amazing how lacking in common sense so many people associated with WG seem to be. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles
1 minute ago, Rocketpacman said:

It's iChase all over again. No doubt the topic violated some rule so it's time to shut off your brain and go full speed ahead with the dumbfuckery. After all if you don't zealously enforce the rules to the exclusion of reason what's the point of having rules? 

It's amazing how lacking in common sense so many people associated with WG seem to be. 

Someone pointed out that it could be seen as "discussing penalties" which is against the forum rules. I disagree with that interpretation.

It's reporting a bug and warning players to save WG the trouble of repairing and compensating more accounts.

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

Well, our other thread got derailed. Can this one at least remain on topic?

Again, I think is the WG Launcher that is the culprit. Wide array of players hit, vanilla and modded alike.

[PVE]
Members
141 posts
4,231 battles
23 minutes ago, Grizley said:

Technically, deleting the thread was a response...

20 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

Unlocking that 7 day ban thread would be a good start...

I have posts in locked threads, which I can still view.  My post from that thread is nowhere to be seen, so it may be gone and never return.

[MASSD]
Members
56 posts
6,254 battles
1 minute ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

Well, our other thread got derailed. Can this one at least remain on topic?

Again, I think is the WG Launcher that is the culprit. Wide array of players hit, vanilla and modded alike.

I wonder if any players without WG Center got banned? As I said in the other thread, I do have Aslain's mod pack installed with several mods and I was not banned (in fact, I check again just before posting this). I do not use WG Center.

Members
694 posts
4,401 battles
Just now, Grizley said:

Someone pointed out that it could be seen as "discussing penalties" which is against the forum rules. I disagree with that interpretation.

It's reporting a bug and warning players to save WG the trouble of repairing and compensating more accounts.

I've no doubt WG will have a thoroughly legitimate reason for deleting the thread. I'm not being sarcastic I'm sure there was some rule that was violated. Like I said though whoever deleted that thread really should be able to think about how it might appear and whether exact enforcement of the rules was the top priority at that moment. 

• Cool 1

[MASSD]
Members
56 posts
6,254 battles
Just now, Amaruk said:

I have posts in locked threads, which I can still view.  My post from that thread is nowhere to be seen, so it may be gone and never return.

Yeah, that thread just vanished. It didn't get "simply" locked, it's gone.