You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Colorado Hull C? Did they remove it?

17 comments in this topic

[RAWR]
Members
477 posts

So I was looking at the wikia for advise on how to best upgrade the T7 USN Colorado and it mentioned a "Hull C", however that Hull does not show in my game for my Colorado. I do see forum posts about it as late as August 2016 (could be ones after that but i can't find any atm), so was it removed from the game at some point after that and before now? Or is this some sort of glitch in the game?

Any info on this would be helpful!

[S0L0]
Members
225 posts
5,422 battles

The Stock Hull (Former Hull A) was removed because it was just too weak at tier 7

So now, Hull C is now Hull B :)

• Cool 2

[_ARP_]
Supertester
11,944 posts
3,934 battles

They removed the old A hull. C hull became B hull,  B hull became A hull.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles

Meanwhile, a new 'C' hull (i.e. West Virginia's late-war refit) would be welcomed...

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles

Several ships in the game that were built in the WW1 which got refits and then served in WW2 had the stock hulls reflecting their WW1 configurations removed. The grind with those stock hulls was painful and widely complained about. Besides Colorado this was also done with Fuso and New Mexico, I don't remember off the top of my head if there are any others. I think Kongo had an "as-built" WW1-era hull at one point? 

Notably Bayern still has a WW1-configuration hull and its upgraded hull is a fictional WW2 refit. Queen Elizabeth's stock hull depicts her post-rebuild, there is no hull depicting her WW1 configuration in game. Same goes for Iron Duke although she never got a rebuild in reality so there is no version of her in the game that depicts a real-life configuration.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles
5 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Several ships in the game that were built in the WW1 which got refits and then served in WW2 had the stock hulls reflecting their WW1 configurations removed. The grind with those stock hulls was painful and widely complained about. Besides Colorado this was also done with Fuso and New Mexico, I don't remember off the top of my head if there are any others. I think Kongo had an "as-built" WW1-era hull at one point? 

Notably Bayern still has a WW1-configuration hull and its upgraded hull is a fictional WW2 refit. Queen Elizabeth's stock hull depicts her post-rebuild, there is no hull depicting her WW1 configuration in game. Same goes for Iron Duke although she never got a rebuild in reality so there is no version of her in the game that depicts a real-life configuration.

Every IJN BB starting from Kongou up to Amagi lost their WWI/Interwar hull. Izumo's A Hull got buffed with the gun/shell performance from her B and C hulls.

Along with that change came WG's statement and intention of omitting WWI/Interwar Hulls from T5 ships and onwards if they are too uncompetitive for the tier, and if certain WWI/Interwar hulls didn't have a fictional refit, would be given one and used instead (IIRC, this was why some people were pissed off with WG's KM BB line decisions in the lower tiers).

• Cool 1

[RAWR]
Members
477 posts

Well I learned something today. xD

Thanks for all the super helpful posts everyone. Was sort of expected a "Yes they removed it" or a "No, your game is glitching".

The more you know right?

• Cool 1

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
22 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Every IJN BB starting from Kongou up to Amagi lost their WWI/Interwar hull. Izumo's A Hull got buffed with the gun/shell performance from her B and C hulls.

Along with that change came WG's statement and intention of omitting WWI/Interwar Hulls from T5 ships and onwards if they are too uncompetitive for the tier, and if certain WWI/Interwar hulls didn't have a fictional refit, would be given one and used instead (IIRC, this was why some people were pissed off with WG's KM BB line decisions in the lower tiers).

Amagi had a WW1 hull in the game? Good God. :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
63 posts
15,269 battles

I just wished that the Colorado would have more HP than tier 5 and tier 6. It is like fighting with your shoelaces tied.  Cannot upgrade the speed, that's a given, but having more HP would help a lot.

• Cool 2

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
5 minutes ago, Captainkidding said:

I just wished that the Colorado would have more HP than tier 5 and tier 6. It is like fighting with your shoelaces tied.  Cannot upgrade the speed, that's a given, but having more HP would help a lot.

There is no justification for Colorado having such a small HP pool. It totally breaks the displacement-based formula just because... reasons. And gets nothing for it in exchange aside from a very very marginally buffed heal. 

• Cool 2

[RAWR]
Members
477 posts
1 minute ago, Middcore said:

There is no justification for Colorado having such a small HP pool. It totally breaks the displacement-based formula just because... reasons. And gets nothing for it in exchange aside from a very very marginally buffed heal. 

I heard the Colorado used to be a lot worse, but did they really not change it that much?

8 minutes ago, Captainkidding said:

And you can upgrade the speed, at least I am seeing a Propulsion upgrade on mine.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles
35 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Amagi had a WW1 hull in the game? Good God. :Smile_amazed:

It was one of the worst grinds in-game. You were effectively playing a WWI/Interwar ship against a bunch of WWII ships (back then, only NC and Tirpitz were her BB rivals, and at least NC was close to final form even as-Stock), and at T8, took forever to grind out to the B Hull (now A Hull). Both the stock hulls of Nagato and Amagi used the earlier 16" shells now used by Mutsu in-game, and with poor range and accuracy on very squishy hulls.

Yeah, the IJN BB line was known as THE Pay 2 Play line because of so many stock hulls serving as hard grindwalls on the way up to the highly valuable Yamato, and to a lesser extent, to the final hulls themselves, which were then considered the best of the two BB lines back then (remember, this was prior to all the USN BB buffs). The USN BB line was also more heavily played because of the stock hull grind being easier, but those who did go up the IJN BB line early on got a very generous training course in "how to not play a battleship" and "how to dodge/evade in a battleship" because those stock hulls punished poor play very easily.

[TF-64]
Members
373 posts
12,797 battles

I'd settle for getting the Maryland refit as C hull on the Colorado. The CO was supposed to get that refit but didn't as it no longer was deemed as needed as other upgrades, repairs and buildings at the time. 

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
26 minutes ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

I'd settle for getting the Maryland refit as C hull on the Colorado. The CO was supposed to get that refit but didn't as it no longer was deemed as needed as other upgrades, repairs and buildings at the time. 

I'd love atleast Maryland. It would help so much.

I mean the reason of "no dual 127/38 secondaries" is now utter horse**** with Scharnhorst and Gniesneau.

• Cool 2

Members
650 posts
1,632 battles
1 hour ago, Phasferous said:

I heard the Colorado used to be a lot worse, but did they really not change it that much?

And you can upgrade the speed, at least I am seeing a Propulsion upgrade on mine.

It was dogshit. Now it's just... dogfood? 

And yes it has a propulsion upgrade. That propulsion upgrade gets you up to... a whopping 21kts. 

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,945 battles

Fusoooooooooo!!! Pagoda to Heaven!!! :Smile_izmena: Seemed like it had a 13km firing range and 24km vis range. I know that’s not correct however that’s what it felt like. :Smile_amazed: