Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

2 Year Anniversary Collection

16 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,954 battles

I somehow missed the end date for this and was left with 1 missing collectible to complete the collection. Any chance of an opportunity to complete this collection? Maybe pieces instead of oil (non-clan member)?

[SIMP]
Members
1,026 posts
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

When collections are done they are done. Sorry but you missed out. 

Yeah. Thanks for being empathetic. :fish_palm: (you got yours, so too bad everyone else)

Doesn't help that WG decided to arbitrarily move dates around.

Edited by capncrunch21

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

When collections are done they are done. Sorry but you missed out. 

As true as this is, it's something I kind of disagree with. No MMO really benefits from making content forever unobtainable after a set date.

Even Kantai Collection adds previous event reward ships as drops in new events.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
315 posts
9,954 battles
1 hour ago, toosonmike said:

Are you sure you don't have any duplicates?

Used them all.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
756 posts
6,991 battles

I thought about buying some crates to finish the collection, but the "rewards" weren't really very attractive to me and i didn't think they were worth the price, so I didn't bother...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,870 posts
11,592 battles
59 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Yeah. Thanks for being empathetic. :fish_palm: (you got yours, so too bad everyone else)

I didn't make the rules. I was just stating the reality of the situation clearly too him. If it were up to me I'd love to give him a way to finish the collection. 

52 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

As true as this is, it's something I kind of disagree with. No MMO really benefits from making content forever unobtainable after a set date.

Even Kantai Collection adds previous event reward ships as drops in new events.

Yea, seems they could figure out a way to give people a second chance at finishing collections at a later date without bringing back the whole event. Maybe just keep giving collection items for unfinished collections like they did with the Yamamoto collection.  For something like the anniversary collection your only mission our on a camo or two, but for those that missed Dunkirk missed out on Jack Dunkirk, one of three unique captains. That sucks.

[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
434 posts
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

He stated a fact. And the arbitrary moves they made were extending it. So that little whine fest is invalid too.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
46 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Yea, seems they could figure out a way to give people a second chance at finishing collections at a later date without bringing back the whole event. Maybe just keep giving collection items for unfinished collections like they did with the Yamamoto collection.  For something like the anniversary collection your only mission our on a camo or two, but for those that missed Dunkirk missed out on Jack Dunkirk, one of three unique captains. That sucks.

Honestly-- Operations could drop a container from a randomly determined no-longer-available Collection (For now it'd just be Bismarck and Anniversary) when cleared with a 5* after the first time that rewards a captain. Once per day.

Everyone gets something out of this. Even folks with completed collections get 10k credits per symbol for it, and some of the nice flags.

And Dunkirk's containers can return when they bring back Dunkirk, maybe as a yearly event.

Edited by AraAragami

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,870 posts
11,592 battles
5 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Honestly-- Operations could drop a container from a randomly determined no-longer-available Collection (For now it'd just be Bismarck and Anniversary) when cleared with a 5* after the first time that rewards a captain. Once per day.

Everyone gets something out of this. Even folks with completed collections get 10k credits per symbol for it, and some of the nice flags.

And Dunkirk's containers can return when they bring back Dunkirk, maybe as a yearly event.

I could see people complaining about the 5 star requirement. But yea, ultimately that seems like a solution. Don't think WG has any interest in looking into it though.  A while back NikoPower said they have no intention of ever brining back the Dunkirk event/collection. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

A while back NikoPower said they have no intention of ever brining back the Dunkirk event/collection. 

And that would be both a fantastic shame and a fabulous waste of assets created just for Dunkirk.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,870 posts
11,592 battles
Just now, AraAragami said:

And that would be both a fantastic shame and a fabulous waste of assets created just for Dunkirk.

Agreed.  I personally haven't really enjoyed the operations but glad others have, seems like a waste to permanently shelve the biggest and most asset intensive operation like that. But thats WG lol,

[SIMP]
Members
1,026 posts
16 hours ago, Eichbomb said:

He stated a fact. And the arbitrary moves they made were extending it. So that little whine fest is invalid too.

Yeah....

That's why they said it would last through the 28th...and then ended it on the 27th. Thanks for the cheese to go with my whine.

Members
9,985 posts
15 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I could see people complaining about the 5 star requirement. But yea, ultimately that seems like a solution. Don't think WG has any interest in looking into it though.  A while back NikoPower said they have no intention of ever brining back the Dunkirk event/collection. 

Doesn't mean they won't sell the captain at some point though....(Super Duper special bundle) :Smile_teethhappy:

[OTC]
Members
16 posts
6,754 battles
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, awiggin said:

Doesn't mean they won't sell the captain at some point though....(Super Duper special bundle) :Smile_teethhappy:

Agreed,  for 25,000 gold.

Sign in to follow this