Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Sneak peak from WoWs Facebook of French BBs.

88 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,525 posts
7,588 battles

These pictures are a little better than the ones going around currently.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 3

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles

Another battleship line.

Exactly the right decision to make while proclaiming that battleships are played more than you'd like compared to other ship types.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Inhales sharply Yes!!!

[HINON]
Supertester
7,525 posts
7,588 battles
7 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Next line is Pan Asian DDs.

I think he was referring to next line after the Pan-Asian DDs.

Members
1,641 posts
7,482 battles
5 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Another battleship line.

Exactly the right decision to make while proclaiming that battleships are played more than you'd like compared to other ship types.

Battleships split off from cruisers, and the French Cruisers are well liked, makes sense from that.

[VX9]
Beta Testers
92 posts
4,410 battles

I am curious to see what tiers these three ships would be. I’m guessing:

Bretagne=5

Normandie=6

Richelieu=8

[SALVO]
Members
17,153 posts
17,812 battles
8 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Another battleship line.

:Smile_facepalm:

There aren't that many major nation navies with lines left to do, not counting second lines or splits.

French BBs and DDs.  Italian everything. RN CVs and DDs.  Then you have RN and German BC's, which may or may not count as second lines (they sorta-kinda do and sorta-kinda don't).  One might even consider the Austria-Hungarian navy, even though it would have to stop at around tier 6 or 7, since the nation ceased to exist after WW1, but was a major power prior to that.

Whether you like it or not, Battleships are considered the queens of the seas.  And probably even moreso than carriers, since most nations have built some battleships, even if there weren't enough for an entire line.  Battleships draw a lot more attention than lesser ship types.  So it doesn't surprise me to see them getting top billing, as they should.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,333 posts
6,609 battles

Three quad turrets... Imagine losing the front turret...

[HYDRA]
Members
136 posts
1,167 battles

So lots of guns and they look slow, definitely fuel for pan asian dd grinders. (INB4 they have radar t7 and up)

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles

Yeah the fact that non-battleships were just called "lesser" ship types by one of the forum's biggest proponents for battleship superiority tells me everything I need to know about what to expect from this thread.

• Cool 2

Members
1,152 posts
4,276 battles
24 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Another battleship line.

I know you and I have already had a back and forth on the numerous other lines WG could do but nope...more battleships bc the RN line and 5 BB prems weren't enough

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
14 minutes ago, HawaiiJon said:

I am curious to see what tiers these three ships would be. I’m guessing:

Bretagne=5

Normandie=6

Richelieu=8

1. most likely 2. maybe tier seven depending on the gun size 3. yes.

[SALVO]
Members
17,153 posts
17,812 battles
2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Yeah the fact that non-battleships were just called "lesser" ship types by one of the forum's biggest proponents for battleship superiority tells me everything I need to know about what to expect from this thread.

The fact is that Battleships WERE superior to cruisers and destroyers.  Thinking otherwise is completely foolish.  Did BBs do all the things that cruisers and destroyers did?  Of course not.  But that said, many of the things that cruisers did could have been done by battleships.  They just weren't because navies didn't risk their capital ships willy nilly.  The fact that you don't see the blatant obviousness that cruisers and destroyers absolutely were "lesser" ships, just shows your ignorance.

• Cool 2

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
26 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Another battleship line.

well there going to put in lines people would like to play and the majority of the player base likes to play battleships french ships don't have that much armor just look at the Dunkirk.

[SALVO]
Members
17,153 posts
17,812 battles
3 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

1. most likely 2. maybe tier seven depending on the gun size 3. yes.

The Normandie plans seemed to call for 340mm (13-25/64ths in) guns.  And the Richelieu's guns were 15".

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The fact is that Battleships WERE superior to cruisers and destroyers.  Thinking otherwise is completely foolish.  Did BBs do all the things that cruisers and destroyers did?  Of course not.  But that said, many of the things that cruisers did could have been done by battleships.  They just weren't because navies didn't risk their capital ships willy nilly.  The fact that you don't see the blatant obviousness that cruisers and destroyers absolutely were "lesser" ships, just shows your ignorance.

then why aren't there battleships in modern navies but plenty of cruisers and destroyers

• Cool 1

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

The Normandie plans seemed to call for 340mm (13-25/64ths in) guns.  And the Richelieu's guns were 15".

yes but the jean bart is planed as a tier eight premium and it is not its post war refit

[SALVO]
Members
17,153 posts
17,812 battles
Just now, skull_122_steel said:

then why aren't there battleships in modern navies but plenty of cruisers and destroyers

Oh cut it out.  You know damned well why.  And it has nothing to do with the superiority of BBs over CAs and DDs in the naval artillery era of naval surface warfare.  Don't be such an obvious troll.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,503 posts
3,435 battles

3 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

Battleships split off from cruisers, and the French Cruisers are well liked, makes sense from that.

It also helps the line was planned from the start; just delayed due to other priority shifts.

3 hours ago, AraAragami said:

Another battleship line.

Except to be fair to WG, they had originally announced TWO battleship lines for 2017. British and French. Alongside British CVs, a 3rd RN DD line, and French Cruisers. Of course, with the sudden shift over to the Pan Asian line (nowhere remotely announced as planned until halfway through 2017) as well as teething troubles with the RN BBs and CV balance, they've chosen to delay the RN CVs for sure, and French BBs may or may not make it for a winter release, and may instead see an early 2018 release, similar to the French Cruisers.

That aside, I personally would have liked for WG to finish out the second IJN DD line; as they did acknowledge that earlier in the year that it was a mistake rushing it as they did, as well as have DW torps as the IJN thing rather than the Pan Asian thing, even if it was only limited to IJN DDs rather than IJN DDs and cruisers.

As well, there really isn't many other lines left in WG's priority queue. WG also declared they're holding off further line splits outside of the USN cruiser split, and we're only needing British DD/CVs, Italian BB/DD/Cruisers, French BB/DDs, and Russian BBs. They've at least confirmed that they will get out Russian BBs in 2018 for sure (after pushing it back for 2 years), so that's another BB line incoming. The Italian BBs will probably be one of the last lines released, unless WG chooses to hold off the Italian DDs in favor of Italian BBs, the same way British BBs came out ahead of British DDs, and similar for France with French BBs coming out ahead of French DDs. That makes close to 3 BB lines almost back-to-back, and nothing else to really break it up now that paper-heavy CV lines were downgraded to the lowest priority (lower than other pure paper or partial paper line splits, if I'm not misremembering a Dev statement).

Edited by YamatoA150

[HINON]
Supertester
7,525 posts
7,588 battles
4 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

well there going to put in lines people would like to play and the majority of the player base likes to play battleships french ships don't have that much armor just look at the Dunkirk.

1 ship is not indicative of a whole line.

Sign in to follow this