You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

55 comments in this topic

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,472 battles

Tirpitz now that it has 11.3km secondaries 

Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles

With players of equal skill most likely Tirpitz, against the Kii she has better Armor and Secondaries, Alabama would be a challenge but again 11km secondaries as well as decent armor all around. 

[-K-]
Members
1,082 posts
7,328 battles

I'd vote for Alabama.  I feel like her speed and agility means she can dictate the engagement distance and stay out of secondary range.  I feel like her guns do more damage to a bow on Tirpitz than Tirpitz's guns do to a bow on Alabama.  I also feel like Tirpitz's dispersion is troll enough to not be able to consistetly punish an Alabama who turns away when the Tirpitz pushes forward.  Alabama can kite for days.   On Sunday I was able to kite an Amagi and Montana for over half a match while my team took all the caps and killed off the rest of the reds.  I was on half health at the start of this and finished with over 15k health remaining.  

Edited by RightYouAreKen

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles
15 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Tirpitz now that it has 11.3km secondaries 

I wouldn't be so sure the Bismarck\Tirptiz suck today.  Those secondary with the reduced fire chance are more of distraction than damage dealers today.  Plus the Tirp takes crit damage like crazy today it's nothing like when it was released.  The main guns are also the least accurate and lack pen and damage of the bama.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles

Who would win. Ship with the better captain.

• Cool 6

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,752 battles

In game Alabama's overall best performant guns, concealment, reliable armor, AA, and maneuverability gave her the highest skill cap.

Tirpitz overall is the most tolerant of mistakes in positioning and angling, so lowest skill floor in this regard.

Kii's flexibility to excel both in long and short range engagement gave her the best flexibility.

If you are talking about IRL kek that's a whole another matter.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
3,106 battles

Me in the Kii. Kite away, win with 3 rear facing guns. 

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

As much as I love Tirp, I've beaten several of them in my Kii. One I killed with my torps which I felt was beautiful justice. I'm guessing the Tirp player wasn't yet familiar with Kii having torps though. 

Members
2,415 posts
7,727 battles

Tirpitz. Best speed, so you can dictate the engagement and close in. Has the best armor of the 3. The guns are not the best, but they are good enough plus the secundaries and torps. 

Beta Testers
1,199 posts
6,181 battles

Alabama is the better ship out of all three. Versatile ship, agile, satisfyingly reliable guns, rewards good play without having big weaknesses like Kii, or the unreliable guns like Tirpitz. That said, Tirpitz is probably second best due to speed, stealth, and secondaries, but needs the most captain points to reach maximum potential. Kii has good guns and does well at long range, but the ship itself is clumsy, can't make use of its turtleback at it's preferred ranges, and unable to make sneaky plays like Tirpitz/Alabama because of its horrid concealment.

Alabama/Tirpitz I feel have bigger impact on games cause they're encouraged to fight at closer ranges, which lets them draw fire for their teammates.

[HYDRA]
Members
123 posts
3,095 battles
56 minutes ago, Captain_Chaos_NA said:

I wouldn't be so sure the Bismarck\Tirptiz suck today.  Those secondary with the reduced fire chance are more of distraction than damage dealers today.  Plus the Tirp takes crit damage like crazy today it's nothing like when it was released.  The main guns are also the least accurate and lack pen and damage of the bama.

No idea what the hell you're talking about...you must suck as a Tirp capt.

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,148 battles

I only play the AL, so really can't say. I will say that I wouldn't have any fear of the Kii, basically whoever makes a mistake is going to lose there. Against a Tirp, I stay at range obviously and probably win. In a brawl, he's going to win most likely.

The AL excels at kiting. It turns like a cruiser. I have kited away across the map with half the enemy chasing me while my team uses the distraction to win many times. The dispersion can be a bit wonky, but it's very usable, and hits hard.

I think the three ships are pretty balanced against one another overall.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,374 battles

Alabama if she can control/maintain range.

Tirpitz if she can close to brawling range.

I don't have the KII so cannot advise with her.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,459 posts
8,119 battles
52 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Under 6km: Tirpitz

6km - 15km: Alabama

15km+: Kii

Assuming captains of equal skill, of course.

Pretty much this, though I'd say there is an overlap with Bama and Tirp at 7 and 8 km. 

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles
52 minutes ago, Krieg121 said:

No idea what the hell you're talking about...you must suck as a Tirp capt.

This is what I'm talking about it's the worst tier 8 bb today.

Warship Tier Type Nation Battles Win rate Avg. frags Avg. damage Avg. experience Avg. planes destroyed Kills / deaths
Alabama ST 8 Battleship U.S.A. 614 64.51 % 1.05 71 180 1 625 3.25 2.26
Monarch 8 Battleship U.K. 33 460 52.99 % 0.83 66 169 1 575 1.46 1.68
Kii 8 Battleship Japan 7 993 55.87 % 0.82 63 009 1 550 2.43 1.47
Amagi 8 Battleship Japan 1 280 675 52.5 % 0.88 60 739 1 331 1.79 1.79
Alabama 8 Battleship U.S.A. 225 878 54.21 % 0.86 59 524 1 468 2.76 1.63
Bismarck 8 Battleship Germany 1 780 375 51.76 % 0.84 58 165 1 322 1.92 1.39
North Carolina 8 Battleship U.S.A. 2 359 605 50.26 % 0.77 53 549 1 266 2.89 1.44
Tirpitz 8 Battleship Germany 2 171 712 49.76 % 0.75 51 412 1 343 1.6 1.31

[SIDE]
Members
733 posts
3,293 battles

Tirpitz for me. It's fast firing guns, amazing 2nd (And pretty decent AA due to taking Basic and Advanced fire control) Torps, and pretty decent armor. 

The rest don't offer any thing interesting. Kii has bad ammo reload and poor armor. Alabama is just a really nice US Battleship, but I don't think it replaces any thing that the North Carolina does.

that's just my 2 cents though

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles

If you go alphabetically; Alabama.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
2 hours ago, The_first_harbinger said:

In game Alabama's overall best performant guns, concealment, reliable armor, AA, and maneuverability gave her the highest skill cap.

Tirpitz overall is the most tolerant of mistakes in positioning and angling, so lowest skill floor in this regard.

Kii's flexibility to excel both in long and short range engagement gave her the best flexibility.

If you are talking about IRL kek that's a whole another matter.

Actually Kii has better AA. Stuck a commander on with BFT/AFT on my Kii, hit 100 rating instantly. Sorry for once IJN leads the way in AA.