You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

How to access both EU and NA server?

12 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles

I believe you need a separate account for each server.

[STW-A]
Members
162 posts

The 2015 instructions, I think, used to work before WoWs changed from a server to a server cluster (or something like that.)

I've seen on the forums that some users have been successful in changing their config file in a different way to allow multiple server access.  The details of this change vary depending on the update.

For simplicity, I just keep 2 versions of WoWs on my computer.  NA version from worldofwarships.com, and EU version from worldofwarships.eu.  Advantage: no 'incompatible version' during update periods, no tweaking files in technical ways  Disadvantage: 2 versions take up twice the hard drive space, and you get to download each update for each version.

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles

@USSRichardNixonYou can access them with mods. Aslain.com has one The WG modpac has a region changer this one has one.

https://world-warships.com/modpack-proships-for-world-of-warships/

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,624 posts
9,027 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

I believe you need a separate account for each server.

This, but with the region changer you have the ability to access all regions with a single install. One cravat, if we are on a different patch for some reason you will not be able to access the servers that are on a different cycle until they match up with ours again.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,624 posts
9,027 battles
Just now, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

why cant we all have a universals server or ability to play with our over sea friends...

It is WG's norm to have completely isolated servers and since WT has multiple servers with single accounts there seems they have a bad case of Not Invented Here. :Smile_sad: Ironically doing what the competition is doing is happening in WoWP but not with server access, Persha has copied WT for the upcoming 2.0 patch. :Smile_amazed: It would be real nice if they would merge all accounts and allow us to play on whichever server we desired.

[WOLF6]
Members
488 posts
8,139 battles
5 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

why cant we all have a universals server or ability to play with our over sea friends...

DNFtCw5.gif

Ill just leave this here

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,624 posts
9,027 battles
6 minutes ago, Xechran said:

DNFtCw5.gif

Ill just leave this here

Unless the ping is excessively high, well in excess of 350, it really isn't much of an issue with this game unlike in a twitch shooter where much above 100 is pretty much unplayable.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
1 hour ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

$?