Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Boat_Ape

No Voice Torps Warning

6 comments in this topic

Members
15 posts
12,687 battles

I just made Fleet Admiral with my USS Phoenix and added the skill: 25% extra warning for Torps.  The last game (09:45) I was hit three times

and the only voice warning I got was for those coming from astern, though in all 3 instances I did receive the visual warning.  Is this a known issue?

Since the upgrade I've had numerous disconnects and last Friday I did a clean install.  Since the new install there's only been one.

I saw that Mods where somehow the culprit behind some of the issues, but could that actually be connected to a Capt.'s skill?

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,706 posts
4,256 battles

Not every time do you hear the captain saying, "Torpedoes (Insert direction)" however every time, there is the alarm sound and visual indicator.

Train yourself to watch for the indicator and listen for the alarm, rather than the captain's voice.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,795 posts
2,493 battles

If you're relying on the voice alarm, something's wrong. As soon as torps are spotted, first you should see them. Then you get an indicator immediately. This is followed by an increasing alarm. The voice is not consistent. Be more aware for torpedoes, Vigilance is a useful skill.

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,387 posts
4,550 battles

I believe the voice only play when it come from outside your line of sight. Let say you face your camera north and the torp came from the south, the voice will active.  But if you're facing south and the torp came from south, it won't active. Since you can already see it.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,710 posts

I have to use a modpack to get the torpedo warning symbols larger, as I play on a laptop. Aslain's has some good mods for this purpose - check it out. 

Members
15 posts
12,687 battles

OK, thanks for the replies.  Perhaps you can add a consistent voice warning in a future update.  I'm in the senior age range and my eyes aren't sharp enough to immediately see them in the water and I also have hearing loss so it's hard to recognize the signal with all of the other sounds going off in my ear buds.   Thanks Herr Reitz, I'll look in to the modpack idea.

Sign in to follow this