You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stephen57_battleship

Accelerate Commander Training

13 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,985 posts
4,714 battles

I believe you need 500 doubloons to accelerate the training unless there is some discount going on.

Other option would be to use elite commander exp if you have any available. There should be a "+" icon next to the exp bar on the commander to let you speed up the training.

[5IN]
Members
77 posts
15,462 battles

You can use doubloons to convert regular xp from "Elite" ships or premium ships into free xp. Then you can use that free xp to buy commander skill points (like with elite commander xp) but it's very expensive. You are better off buying the flags that boost commander xp when you play. The wiki should be able to tell you more here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Commander_Skill_Points

Beta Testers
1,571 posts
9,646 battles

You don't necessarily need doubloons to accelerate a Captain's Training.  You can use Elite Commander XP or Free XP to do this by clicking the + button near the Captain's XP bar in his portrait in the port as Vadar_Sama mentions.  If you have enough  Elite Commander's XP and/or Free XP, you don't need to spend any doubloons.  The only time you would need doubloons to do this is if you don't.  In that case, you can convert a ship's (or ships') Elite XP to Free XP for doubloons the same way you would if you were trying to accelerate a ship's advancement.  You could then use that Free XP for accelerating a Captain as mentioned.

[CUTER]
Members
3,823 posts
16,815 battles
1 minute ago, TAM_OH said:

You can use doubloons to convert regular xp from "Elite" ships or premium ships into free xp. Then you can use that free xp to buy commander skill points (like with elite commander xp) but it's very expensive.

Unless there is a loaded gun to your head do not try leveling your commander this way.

[5IN]
Members
77 posts
15,462 battles
5 minutes ago, m373x said:

Unless there is a loaded gun to your head do not try leveling your commander this way.

yup, I think if you did a Google search for "more money than brains" you'd get directed to this method of leveling wows captains....

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,789 posts
2,486 battles

As others have said, you can use doubloons to accelerate training by converting XP. However, it's really not worth it (and 100 doubloons wouldn't get you far). However, using flags and camoes, you can really speed things up. The FTW camo which we got for free for good behavior gives +333% commander XP. If you don't have those, use the Restless Fire, +250%. If you don't have those, use one of the other XP boosting camoes. Now the signals. +50% commander XP and +50% XP for starters. Add the dragon flag, +333% commander XP. There are several more special signals now, that give even more XP bonuses. Use those if you can. This gives you at least +766% commander XP, that means the XP value you get is multiplied by 7.66, and more if you add special signals. This works for any ship. You could use a premium, but you'd have to take the perma camo off. If you have a day, buy a day or 2 of premium for even more XP. This method really burns through camoes and signals, so I only use them for quickly leveling a commander. But it works great, 20K commander XP per game. I levelled a 6 pt captain to 10pts in just a few games (the pensi really needed CE). Obviously slower for higher ranks, but still effective.

[GLF]
Members
830 posts
10,489 battles
2 hours ago, TAM_OH said:

yup, I think if you did a Google search for "more money than brains" you'd get directed to this method of leveling wows captains....

:Smile_teethhappy:

Ha!  Love it! 

Members
20,690 posts
5,599 battles
2 hours ago, TAM_OH said:

It would be a redirect from "buying credits with doubloons".....

• Cool 1