You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

Oil the next Great Grind

24 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

Dear Wargaming, is there any way we can get more oil here soon....This grind is kill my soul current outlook is 40 a day now instead of 30...... Anyway we can get monthly/yearly oil mission or week ones too, like how we have the daily mission?

Members
458 posts

If you formed your own clan, getting more oil is going to be a slow, merciless grind. The clan port structures for reduced match service and increased XP are the only worthwhile ones to invest in, and it will take months to earn enough oil to afford just one of them.

I imagine that it will be added to weekend sprees and other missions in the coming future. It's a pretty new game mechanic, and WG likely is focused on working on clan-related issues at the moment.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
Just now, guns_at_last_light said:

If you formed your own clan, getting more oil is going to be a slow, merciless grind. The clan port structures for reduced match service and increased XP are the only worthwhile ones to invest in, and it will take months to earn enough oil to afford just one of them.

I imagine that it will be added to weekend sprees and other missions in the coming future. It's a pretty new game mechanic, and WG likely is focused on working on clan-related issues at the moment.

well my clan I am currently in, we are now almost haft way on the first goal of expansion... 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,831 posts
7,976 battles
25 minutes ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

Dear Wargaming, is there any way we can get more oil here soon....This grind is kill my soul current outlook is 40 a day now instead of 30...... Anyway we can get monthly/yearly oil mission or week ones too, like how we have the daily mission?

Oil is not a grind for me , so much passed grinding has put igrinding all in presective for me so ... ehhh ...if I get it fine if not don’t really care

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,327 posts
15,768 battles
5 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Oil is not a grind for me

Same here; if I get some, I get some, if I don't, I don't.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,657 posts

I'm fairly confident they are watching the oil reserves with a cautious eye. It's likely they have some type of future things tied to the gathering of oil; I if it is gathered too slowly, they'll monkey with things. You know, it's the way. 

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles

Our Clan has already built the upgrades for the 10% discount to research tier 5 , 6 , 7, and tier 8  that's four upgraded buildings and we already saved up another 3,000 oil for our next project which will cost 20,000 Oils to increase the clan size to 40 players 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,523 posts
13,421 battles

I'm expecting to see substantial oil from Clan Battles, but we'll see. I think they're due for an announcement some time in the next few days, unless they changed their minds because people reacted so badly to the last one.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

20 oil x 20 players x 20 days (in other words, without assuming that everyone in a clan is maxing out every day of a month) = 8000 oil.  This is almost enough to put up two of the Dock buildings per month, or an assortment of the less expensive buildings.  And that is without assuming Clan Wars (if your clan is not participating, for instance).  I have no problem with the pace at which benefits will be accrued.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,966 battles
2 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

Is your signature... real? Or displayed for ironic reasons?

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,794 battles

In a grind style game and complains about grinding....:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
7,105 posts
3,722 battles

It's not that bad in an active clan. Once you get 50 it really rolls in.

[WNSTN]
Members
2,707 posts
16,105 battles

How is obtaining something where the daily limit is reached after 5, sometimes fewer, games, a grind? "Grinding" is also associated with pain and frustration and neither of which applies to this.

Actual grinds would be the Izumo, or the pre-buff Baltimore.

[PSP]
Members
7,918 posts
10,490 battles
4 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

Oil is slow but if you have a lot of active people then it builds up quickly 

I think the idea behind oil is to get people to form new clans (revenue for WG) and then have many large and active clans that may participate in clan wars (more revenue for WG through rentals of tier X ships). In return, the clan members accrue various benefits and the servers remain active so that people don't get tired of waiting to play and quit the game.

Edited by Snargfargle

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

What Grind? The oil is given freely if you play the game. You do not ever have to do anything other than Play the game. I do not see playing the game as a grind.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,698 posts

You get oil from getting all 3 loot boxes per day.  There isn't a way to get more other than from special missions from WG, but other than that... it's more like a waiting game.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
5 hours ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

But you can. Buy any container from the cash shop they come with 10 oil each ... Hence my sig and my clan with said name.

[NAM-4]
Members
19 posts
8,589 battles

I only get 10 oil per day, through the Daily Oil event.   I don't get any for the 3 containers I get per day.   Zero.