You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

13 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,335 posts
8,949 battles

Regale us.

Went on a brawl in Tirpitz and took 2 BBs with me--lucked out, one of my torps nailed a CO that turned where I expected, secondaries lit the NC on my right, and red Monarch passing by dropped me. 4 seconds later the fire wipes out the NC for the first DS/FW combo I've ever seen!

dgJGwTL.jpg

NC and I enjoyed it so much I joined his div for a few more matches.

More or less still got it as a CV main:

KXh4rFC.jpg

U3sAoan.jpg

2/1/2 Midway did a very admirable job dogfighting me so I could barely do any air cover. However, he kept falling for the same tactic where my TB or DB all come from multiple directions to make strafing less viable. Enemy team proved more skilled than the base XP suggests, they took AB on this map and it was all we could do to match them damage for damage while they had two caps. I was able to shift the battle with a few decisive attacks:

1) Shimakaze yolo'd to my original spawn, but between a TB and Hindenburg, we put him down. Stealth DD build is ridiculously hard for cruisers to counter, hence why CV spotting is a must to balance stealth builds at high tiers

2) Popped their GK who went beyond a DM's AA umbrella. Got Witherer unexpectedly because flooded him just after he repaired a single fire, ultimately I had to use a DB attack to BBQ him and got Arsonist that way.

3) Countered an STL's stealth build with fighter spotting towards end (they had slight lead in points) and used the TB crossdrop to kill him, only 10 seconds left on match after he fell.

Amagi had her last grind battle this weekend. Izumo's unlocked, just need credits to buy her since decided to keep Amagi (though maybe next captain will be secondary build, got some 10-pointers among my ARPs). Had a laugh when fired AP at a Charles, he vanished, 6 seconds later I get 3 cits and a DS.

Also purchased the QE. Iron Duke's top speed is too slow, and now the journey to KG5 for a real top speed. *sigh*

On the unhappy side, MO got served several horrid matches. First one I got citadeled, then 2 Shimakaze torps nail me because my teammate DDs weren't torp screening. Rest were simply obeying the campfest meta and finding the other team full of potatoes, I came away with fewer credits. Oh well.

Members
2,130 posts
8,771 battles

I broke the 60k average damage mark, now I’m aiming for 75k. I also built up some more WR so I actually got to pad both at the same time 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
9,021 battles

Unlocked FdG and spent my entire weekend retraining my Bisko captain for her in Tirpitz with the 10-point German captain from Scenarios getting some rounds in Scharnhorst to retrain for Bisko. I potatoed so hard, it was a rare game where I dealt more than the ship's HP worth of damage before sinking, and I don't think I got a single win in Scharnhorst at all.

[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles

Didn't play on Saturday but had a nice run Sunday of 19 wins/3 losses.  No especially standout games, just all solid performances minus one game where our DD didn't want to spot/screen so I got sandwiched between a Yugumo and a Shima that I couldn't see.

Beta Testers
1,202 posts
8,972 battles

Had some great individual games.  Not a good win rate though, some really poorly cooperating teams.  However I did get some personal bests in Charles Martel and Queen Elizabeth this weekend.  I did notch a 500K credit game in Fujin as well

Edited by Spooooooooooooooooooooon

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Picked up Hak and Colorado, and had a lot more success in the stock Colorado than I expected. Still need to work on strategic positioning, but so far, no issues doling out the pain. Gonna get the Hak fully upgraded before taking it into randoms.

[TDD]
Members
1,012 posts
8,219 battles

Mixed bag...did ok Saturday. Started Sunday with a losing streak from hell but turned it around and at least got some wins to get back to close to even.

Members
1,544 posts
13,172 battles

Levered the Final Exam missions with my Missouri, and had some insane credit earning - almost doubled my credit total by the end of the weekend - used to purchase Pensi and King George shot-17_10_01_12_01.55-0558.thumb.jpg.e500fa106bb147d952db71f401ce4d2a.jpg

Finished stage 4 of Yami missions, stage 5 looks like it will be a bear.... 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Friday I was trying to get back in destroyers, and it did not start well - 5 in a row losing streak in Fujin, for one thing.  A couple of those were bad personally, a couple were good - first Kraken in a while.  But then it turned around some: dev struck a Bismarck for 56K in Shinonome.  It was one of those moments when you just felt him give up as all 9 torps appeared off his broadside; he didn't even try to turn.  Good times.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out Moskva: when to kite and be mobile, a la Donskoi, and when to use its bow in magic - because turning that thing sucks, and going bow in too early will get you dead too.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,524 posts
13,421 battles

Ended up playing more Missouri than I wanted because big credit numbers. Got left hanging more times than I care to count by really awful teams. My favorite was one where all the other battleships pulled a 180 at the start and ran behind the spawn on Atlantic.

Edited by Edgecase

[WOLF9]
Members
3,523 posts

Stinky.   Shut down in disgust on Friday, due to poor quality games- and did not play on Saturday.

Sunday was a mixed bag, but fairly smelly overall.  Like Lillehuntrix, I'm getting back into DD's, and also not doing so well... 

I've completely given up on even trying to play Farragut in Co-op- the bots hate that ship WAY too much.  Thank you very little to the devs who programmed that into the Co-op bots...   Can't do a damn thing- no matter where I go, so does the entire bot team.   Before anyone is even spotted, they have me encircled.  PHOOEY!  and horsecrap.

Which leaves Random.  I did have a hell of a good game with Farragut in random.  It was like night and day!  You can actually play a USN DD like a USN DD!!  Imagine that.  I also started grinding Gnevny's captain in earnest, and thought I'd bring out Okhotnik for the extra first win bonus, and to try it out in Random mode.  First match was not good:  An IJN DD and I were sharing smoke by the big island on the C end of Solomons, because the reds sent a big bunch of ships that way.  Just as the smoke ran out, my movement keys quit working!!!  EEEK!  So there I am, dead in the water in full sight of 4 or 5 cruisers...  Betcha can't guess how that ended,lol.   I did inflict some decent damage, and we did end up winning, so all was not lost, but geez that sucks!

Next couple of games were alright, but Okhotnik isn't generally that good of a DD- you pay for having those extra guns.  Mainly with increased reload time and a long turning radius.  Those guns do wicked damage when you land a salvo, though!   I ended up taking a break for a bit- to watch the latest episode of Chicago Fire on Hulu- and never did come back.

I think I'll stick to using Gremlin and the tier 7 premium for captain grinding from now on.   Sad thing is, I used free xp to buy a couple of higher tier ships right before the split to maximize the number of free ships and captains I got- so I already have Minsk, Ognevoi, and Kiev.  I've converted xp several times since then- forgetting to uncheck Gnevny before I hit Convert.  Thus I have no idea where I actually am in the grind...  I'm just going to keep going until I reach the price of the T7 IJN, as it's less expensive than the others.  Gotta love those Senior Moments!

Kinda sad that as a not that great DD captain, I actually do better in random mode than in the so-called EZ-mode Co-op.  I'm beginning to like both ships a LOT more, now that it's possible to play them the way they want to be played- and not in "RUN AWAY!!!!" mode.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
901 posts
7,334 battles

Didn't play Saturday.  I did have a lot of fun games on Sunday though.