Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Vigilance Works with Aircrafts?

9 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,337 posts
8,949 battles

Given planes travel very fast, they wouldn't need it as much as ships.

Hope it's not the case though.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,032 posts
5,559 battles

No, the distance is hard coded, like ship spotting distance from the air. It is not effected by any other buffs its a separate thing.  

Beta Testers
1,142 posts
14,469 battles

Ummm...I've never not seen an air dropped torpedo from the moment it was dropped, so not sure what you are getting at. Vigilance wouldn't help anyway.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,794 posts
6,163 battles

Aircraft torpedoes have a spotting range akin to Shimakaze....the Martians spot them right when they are launched.

Members
679 posts
4,573 battles

I believe the question was more along the lines of: Does Vigilance improve my aircraft's ability to detect torpedoes?

[TF16]
Members
831 posts
6,153 battles
8 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

I believe the question was more along the lines of: Does Vigilance improve my aircraft's ability to detect torpedoes?

I read that as well and the skill only increases the ship's acquisition range.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,032 posts
5,559 battles

Vigilance is *SUPPOSED* to stack with hydro acoustic search, and the increased detection module for both ships and torpedoes. It has no effect on spotting distances for ships or torps from any kind of air craft.

According to testing I have seen recently it does not work as intended, Vigil does not seem to be stacking for torps with hydro or the spotting module. I have not tried to confirm this myself but there have been a few threads on EU and clan forums stating that it is not working as intended currently. I don't know the level of testing that went in to determining that though so take it with a grain of salt. 

It would be great if anyone had any recent (as in the last two patches) testing videos they could share to confirm or refute this. 

Sign in to follow this