You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beatty_10

Is De Grasse going to be available?

25 comments in this topic

[SFROG]
Members
269 posts
4,818 battles

Does anyone know if or when the De Grasse will be available again? It's not in the premium shop or on the tech tree for doubloons.

I've been itching to buy De Grasse for a while now and I just got enough extra $$ together to do it, and . . .  ahhh, damn, she isn't in the shop!

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,757 posts
9,793 battles

She'll come around again in the Premium Shop.  She's just one of those ships that isn't a permanent sale, but instead comes around at regular intervals.

• Cool 1

[SFROG]
Members
269 posts
4,818 battles

OK, thanks. Good to know she'll come around again and isn't gone forever.

Members
1,548 posts
13,186 battles

Thanksgiving and Christmas sales coming soon, like every ship will be on sale - so get your wallet ready

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,506 posts
13,641 battles

And if they do like last year you can buy a megapack of ships for a megawad of money! I don't remember the details because I didn't partake.

[SFROG]
Members
269 posts
4,818 battles
11 hours ago, Panzer1113 said:

Thanksgiving and Christmas sales coming soon, like every ship will be on sale - so get your wallet ready

Yeah, tons o' ships probably be on sale in a month or two for the holidays in NA. Of course, I have the extra scratch right now and might not then . . . and, frankly, I've been dreaming about De Grasse for months now and I sooo wanted to pick her (him?) up with this paycheck. Damnit.

Now I just have to be careful not to blow my money on a ship I don't want as badly as De Grasse. You know how money burns a hole :cap_happy:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles
11 hours ago, Khafni said:

And if they do like last year you can buy a megapack of ships for a megawad of money! I don't remember the details because I didn't partake.

If my memory is correct the Every Ship (except not actually every ship) Bundle was something like $400.

[SPTR]
Members
26,341 posts
11,623 battles

I do hope De Grasse comes back too myself would like to run it with my friend in scenarios with my Henri IV's 19 point captain. /^_\\

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,089 posts
10,928 battles
12 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Henri IV's 19 point captain

reported for seal clubbing, AGAIN. :cap_haloween:

if De Grasse back, can I have her as gift, don't have 19pts capt but will get there soon ??

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I dusted my DG off and played her today for the first time since the last Ranked season. I'd forgotten how sweet DG is!

When she becomes available again, I highly recommend her.  :cap_like:

[SPTR]
Members
26,341 posts
11,623 battles

When WG gets bored of selling the Duca, Im sure the De Grasse will come and paint your games well.

I need it primary for something to train up my Emile Berlin, Algerie & Friant captain and because it's French. Secondary needs of it for scenarios too

[BPP]
Members
33 posts
6,451 battles

Try the 1$ santa crates, I got the de Grasse in the 4th crate I opened/ w camo and 10pt capt. and yes it is fun!!!

Members
1,713 posts
9,117 battles

Hey

I bought the DeGrasse from doubloons, thanks to Santa boxes, only put a 6pt Capt but it's a decent ship.  Have a hard time starting fires even with Demo Expert, but I like it so far.

Pete

P.S.  Had my 3rd game in it today and got just over 104K with it.  Its very fun with lots of potential.

Edited by sasquatch_research

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I bought the DeGrasse from doubloons, thanks to Santa boxes, only put a 6pt Capt but it's a decent ship.  Have a hard time starting fires even with Demo Expert, but I like it so far.

Pete

P.S.  Had my 3rd game in it today and got just over 104K with it.  Its very fun with lots of potential.

Da Greasy is kinda iffy on firestarting. In some battles I get only 1 or 2 and in others I get as many as 10.

[CVA16]
Members
2,782 posts
10,486 battles

Got one in a Santa Crate also (along with an Othotnik). I had skipped the tech tree T6 as I had seen nothing but bad about it, so now I have this with a 10pt captain. Guess I'll have to learn how to play it. I assume it plays a lot like the T5 with slightly better armor.

Does it actually hold its own in scenarios (vs the oft used Cleveland)? Its main strength seems to be keeping the enemy at range and using speed to dodge. The scenarios don't really give that option as the enemy does suicidal charges. It also doesn't have that killer AA.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, Sabot_100 said:

It also doesn't have that killer AA.

The only tier 6 Cruiser that has "killer AA" is Cleveland. The rest, DG inclusive, have poor to mediocre AA. My DG's AA rating with the Captain I have on her is 33. If I was to transfer my Saint Louis Captain, who's AA specced to DG the AA rating would only reach 43 and would make no notable difference.

DG is a Gunbote, not a bug zapper.

BTW, use the speed boost sparingly. It's great for getting your butt out of trouble faster than you got into it.  :cap_like:

Edited by ReddNekk

[CVA16]
Members
2,782 posts
10,486 battles
6 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

DG is a Gunbote, not a bug zapper.

Agreed. So I am wondering what  would DG bring to a scenario that makes it a good choice. Scenarios generally have huge numbers of bad guys so you have to kill them fast. Burning them down gives them too much time to hurt you. Some red ships WILL get within medium to short range. Scenarios also always seem to have lots of aircraft. Had a game last night where my French DF mostly just annoyed the attacking planes. Might have shot down 2 from 3 squadrons attacking.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
41 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Agreed. So I am wondering what  would DG bring to a scenario that makes it a good choice. Scenarios generally have huge numbers of bad guys so you have to kill them fast. Burning them down gives them too much time to hurt you. Some red ships WILL get within medium to short range. Scenarios also always seem to have lots of aircraft. Had a game last night where my French DF mostly just annoyed the attacking planes. Might have shot down 2 from 3 squadrons attacking.

Accurate shooting guns with decent firestarting and HE damage (IFHE is your friend in this ship) plus her AP is very good on broadside targets at medium to close range. Her torpedoes are nothing to sniff at either, 9 km range and respectable damage. Her maneuverability is good enough for pretty effective evasion of torps and, at medium to long range, gun attacks.

I drive DG a lot in random battles and do very well with her.

For mods I have;

Magazine Mod1

Damage Control System Mod1

Aiming Systems Mod1

Steering Gears Mod2

Edited by ReddNekk

[SPTR]
Members
26,341 posts
11,623 battles

A close friend of mine sent me 20 of the 1 dollar gift boxes and I got DG when I opened the 13th one, through I have a fully trained Emile bertin captain by then so I run that captain on the DG anyway.

DG is a decent cruiser excelling at harassing enemy capital ships at long range then in late game it acts like as a rapid response unit responding to targets such as DDs threatening a base or shadowing a friendly CV

The only issue I have with DG is how far the forward main guns can aim to the rare  which means you are exposing more side  alot when kiting than my avatar exposing her shoulders.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
6 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Eh- just play La Glass, and pretend you have even less armor- and you'll have De Grasse.   They're both ridiculously fragile...

DG is a lot tougher than you think. She's certainly tougher than the mid tier (5-7) Roo-Shin, Brit, and German Cruisers. (except Graf Spee and Yorck) I have over 200 Random battles in DG so I'm aware of how tough she is.