You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Team play on the Na server feels always like..............

55 comments in this topic

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles

That's the thing. Teamwork is a bonus, unless you bring it with you, or make it yourself.

If you don't div, support a teammate who's doing something useful, and voila! Teamwork.

Members
1,395 posts
3,718 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

That's the thing. Teamwork is a bonus, unless you bring it with you, or make it yourself.

If you don't div, support a teammate who's doing something useful, and voila! Teamwork.

I have tried to help team mates many times then they betray my trust and i have to bin them as potatoes.............

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
6 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I have tried to help team mates many times then they betray my trust and i have to bin them as potatoes.............

You're helping the wrong ones then. If you pick a decent one, and support them, things work out better. Of course, it means that you're letting them call the shots, but that's part of teamwork.

It's can be as simple as not bailing on a pushing BB you've decided to support.

[RKLES]
Members
8,284 posts
10,520 battles

Yeah I always am surprised when a team actually usefully works together and I do my part to support them, sometimes though not much you can do to save some teams so it becomes a matter of doing what you can so you come out of the loss some what ahead.

Members
1,395 posts
3,718 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

You're helping the wrong ones then. If you pick a decent one, and support them, things work out better. Of course, it means that you're letting them call the shots, but that's part of teamwork.

i charged out to save a scharn on a suicide run in open ocean, he was attacking at least 6 enemy ships and was burning.

He was insane.

It took ages to catch up witth him even in my dd.

I saved him we won.

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
1 minute ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

i charged out to save a scharn on a suicide run in open ocean, he was attacking at least 6 enemy ships and was burning.

He was insane.

I saved him we won.

Well there you go. You created teamwork, nobody betrayed you, and the match was won.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,123 posts
11,185 battles
17 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

2 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

He was insane.

I saved him we won.

You complain about the teamplay on this server, yet in another thread you bragged about torping your teammates.  

Seriously, it is players like you who make this game painful for others to endure.  You have no right to complain about the state of teamwork when you contribute so negatively towards it. 

• Cool 5

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,698 posts

I find most people are too busy zoomed in to actually use the mini-map.  If folks pay attention to it they'll see what the rest of the team is doing and might actually go along with it.

Members
1,395 posts
3,718 battles
7 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

You complain about the teamplay on this server, yet in another thread you bragged about torping your teammates.  

Seriously, it is players like you who make this game painful for others to endure.  You have no right to complain about the state of teamwork when you contribute so negatively towards it. 

For a early morning thats very very salty i mean jesus...............

http://JIkXsUS.jpg

[SCCC]
Members
708 posts
5,806 battles
Just now, abyssofthetriffid said:

For a early morning thats very very salty i mean jesus...............

http://JIkXsUS.jpg

lol the delusion is real with this one.

[SYN]
Members
14,847 posts
11,306 battles

oh, you mean like this?

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,284 posts
10,520 battles
25 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I find most people are too busy zoomed in to actually use the mini-map.  If folks pay attention to it they'll see what the rest of the team is doing and might actually go along with it.

Lol on WoT Blitz you learn fast that you only hit the zoom in button if your ready to shoot and then quickly hit the zoom out to drive not only for being able to see mini map but also because you never know when you will have a little annnoying pest circling you trying to kill you. Lol not much difference in those regards beweteen ships or tanks.

Members
1,395 posts
3,718 battles
19 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol on WoT Blitz you learn fast that you only hit the zoom in button if your ready to shoot and then quickly hit the zoom out to drive not only for being able to see mini map but also because you never know when you will have a little annnoying pest circling you trying to kill you. Lol not much difference in those regards beweteen ships or tanks.

I have the mini map as small as it goes.

I find the mini map way way way too distracting to the point i cant use it.

The mini map is a utter annoyance.

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
15 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I have the mini map as small as it goes.

I find the mini map way way way too distracting to the point i cant use it.

The mini map is a utter annoyance.

That right there is why I guess I have seen you sit behind islands, motionless, doing naught.

The mini map is the MOST important tool at your disposal. Ignoring it, basically means you are blind, and out of sync with the flow of battle.

• Cool 2

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,746 posts
3,499 battles

Remember this, when you load up into a game, it's you, vs 21 other players.

~Hunter

• Cool 1

Members
2,130 posts
8,771 battles

My game plan for almost every game I play varies between the ship I may be in. If I’m in the Khab, it’s evasion tank and burn everything. If I’m in Fubuki its spot/attempt to cap. My plan varies as the game progresses. If you learn to really plan ahead and account for several different possible scenarios you can carry even the worst of teams. Whether you win is always highly debatable but you’ll do your part and at very least top the scoreboard 

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
28 minutes ago, Hunter_Steel said:

Remember this, when you load up into a game, it's you, vs 21 other players.

~Hunter

Lol you're assuming a 2-player AFK average I see.... :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
24 minutes ago, FireAndHEspam said:

My game plan for almost every game I play varies between the ship I may be in. ....If you learn to really plan ahead and account for several different possible scenarios....

This is important. It's one thing to say "ok, I'm playing this ship, so this is how I'll play it", and be good at that. But a good player is flexible, in case you can't play a ship the way its supposed to be played.

[INTEL]
Members
9,242 posts
26,900 battles

Not too bad. About 30% of the time you get a team that has great teamwork. Then the game is a pleasure.

[-BRS-]
Members
975 posts
29,134 battles

No kidding, I just had a match were I stayed back in my Benson to smoke a fleet of 3 BB's and  CA so they could shot in smoke, got blasted in the chat latter in the match for not rushing the cap.  In other matches you get blasted for rushing the cap and not laying smoke, mind you most of these players are not in a clan and wouldn't know "teamwork" if it bit them in the azz.

My advice is get players you know to join a clan, any clan, even a bad crapy one!  If more players run with a div more often or play in some of the Supremacy League matches then they will learn how to be part of a team.

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
29 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

No kidding, I just had a match were I stayed back in my Benson to smoke a fleet of 3 BB's and  CA so they could shot in smoke, got blasted in the chat latter in the match for not rushing the cap.  In other matches you get blasted for rushing the cap and not laying smoke, mind you most of these players are not in a clan and wouldn't know "teamwork" if it bit them in the azz.

My advice is get players you know to join a clan, any clan, even a bad crapy one!  If more players run with a div more often or play in some of the Supremacy League matches then they will learn how to be part of a team.

The situation you describe isn't so much because the players aren't in a clan, it's because they have an idea of what they want to do and are inflexible.

You don't have to be in a clan, or even play well with others, to take a second or two to consider if a brief pause in your plans to take advantage of a smoke screen is going to benefit you. I've never divisioned, (yet) and even if I didn't want to take advantage of your smoke, I certainly would have seen the value of it.

I'm assuming that you were spotting, not hiding in your smoke. I would rather have you do that than rush the cap and hide in your smoke.

One of my pet peeves is DDs that do just that, get killed by blind torps, and then complain that they got no support, never mind that half the team was ready to support the DD, but couldn't see the enemy to do so.

Edited by Skpstr

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts

Team play in the context of WoWS is boring and tedious as all hell.

Team play in the context of WoWS is nothing but smoke camping.

The less deliberate, coordinated team play there is, the better.

Members
4,249 posts
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Its amazing what happens when this happens.