You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Giulio Cesare’s sigma is being increased from 1.5 to 1.9

60 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,641 posts
7,913 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Haha. Great. 

I don’t know yet how I feel about the changes, so I’m gonna wait until updated reviews come out before I pass judgment. But she’s gone from low sigma with low dispersion to high sigma with high dispersion.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,706 posts
4,256 battles

Interesting.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,641 posts
7,913 battles
19 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

Would’ve rather they kept the decent dispersion but this is better than nothing.

I think it’ll all balance out well. But just have to wait and see.

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,202 battles

so now higher odds of tight grouping at the center while still getting a long spread most of the time. Ok then. 

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,202 battles
20 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

Would’ve rather they kept the decent dispersion but this is better than nothing.

I think this would have been better for cruisers that have situational awareness. WASD need not apply. :cap_popcorn:

hopefully this means CCs get the ship back today or tomorrow. I was curious about the silenzio stampa. 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,641 posts
7,913 battles
3 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

so now higher odds of tight grouping at the center while still getting a long spread most of the time. Ok then. 

I can live with that trade off.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,710 posts

Again... it clearly makes me wonder how it got through design, Q&A and internal testing and into the hands of public testing in the condition it was in? Am I to guess they don't have internal testers as good as the pubic testers? Otherwise, it makes no sense, unless it is to create a disturbance in the force, attract attention to the ship in the hope that attention will carry over into sales when she is released. 

I think that's a silly thought as it would only create ill will on the behalf of people who thought she was one thing but turned out to be another. I'd be far more impressed if she had hit testing exactly as she was going to be upon release. I think that would be most impressive. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,871 posts
11,351 battles

AZ has 1.8 sigma and is quite deadly against broadside cruisers, but if they are angled and distant, it's not as effective.

I expect similar results from GC

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles
9 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Again... it clearly makes me wonder how it got through design, Q&A and internal testing and into the hands of public testing in the condition it was in? Am I to guess they don't have internal testers as good as the pubic testers? Otherwise, it makes no sense, unless it is to create a disturbance in the force, attract attention to the ship in the hope that attention will carry over into sales when she is released. 

I think that's a silly thought as it would only create ill will on the behalf of people who thought she was one thing but turned out to be another. I'd be far more impressed if she had hit testing exactly as she was going to be upon release. I think that would be most impressive. 

What exactly are you trying to say? Testing things to see how well or how well they don’t is the entire point. It’s likely they do have internal testers, however it also makes sense to have as many people testing it as possible so they can gather more data on the setup being tested. Complaining about something being tested makes no sense to me as in order to gather data on something, it has to be tested. Even if we think “X or Y setup” is bad, without testing it’s just theory crafting. Better to have actual data on something than not. Yes I do not like the change of the dispersion, but I get why it was changed. Battleships with Cruiser dispersion is something quite of few people would be excited to play so if they were considering the idea, at least now they have data to support its feasibility.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,202 battles
10 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Interesting.  So, an improvement from abysmal accuracy to (mostly) meh accuracy.

Still along a 226m base. So it will be interesting to see how the grouping works. If it goes Hood style on either side of the ship...yay! Hope to see play testing soon. :cap_popcorn:

[SIM]
Members
3,043 posts
4,848 battles

Better than nothing I suppose. I'll be watching for reviews of this ship like a hawk.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,202 battles
19 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_RenownMkI said:

Haaaaa. Called it

Called it after everyone else had made the same realization. 

taxi-drive-clap.gif

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,710 posts
23 minutes ago, EmperorMaxwell said:

What exactly are you trying to say? Testing things to see how well or how well they don’t is the entire point. It’s likely they do have internal testers, however it also makes sense to have as many people testing it as possible so they can gather more data on the setup being tested. Complaining about something being tested makes no sense to me as in order to gather data on something, it has to be tested. Even if we think “X or Y setup” is bad, without testing it’s just theory crafting. Better to have actual data on something than not. Yes I do not like the change of the dispersion, but I get why it was changed. Battleships with Cruiser dispersion is something quite of few people would be excited to play so if they were considering the idea, at least now they have data to support its feasibility.

We've been around the block on this particular combination more than once... Arizona comes to mind. They must have hundreds of millions of games' data by now... and must know exactly - and i mean exactly how the combination of their data points produce a ship with certain personality traits. It almost should not be a question any longer. Seriously - two years of tweaking the major components of main battery artillery weapons told them this is exactly how it would perform. 

At this point in the game/dev cycle, that's why I'm suggesting there are other reasons. Create a stir, a buzz, get the word out the ship is the greatest thing since sliced bread... then dial it back. If it isn't that then there is a problem with internal test processes, as observed externally (our pov). If they could not predict this behavior in the hands of the public testers, that's pretty sad. 

I think they knew exactly how she would perform. How she would be used. I believe they have the KSA (knowledge, skill and abilities) to have predicted her exact performance. Which of course is why I am curious as to the reasoning behind putting her out there as she was config'd. Hope that helps explain what I'm trying to say. 

[-K-]
Members
5,788 posts
9,827 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

I don’t know yet how I feel about the changes, so I’m gonna wait until updated reviews come out before I pass judgment. But she’s gone from low sigma with low dispersion to high sigma with high dispersion.

Good.  That will put her in line with the rest of the T5 battleships.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,444 posts
2,075 battles

Alright, this is more than I expected (was expecting 1.8).

Given it's dispersion numbers seem to, at least horizontally, be on par with with other tier V BBs, so the slightly better 1.9 sigma should make Cesare a little more accurate than other BBs of the tier.

Still no word on the accuracy module, but I can definitely live with this version.

[TOG]
Members
3,030 posts
16,305 battles
32 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Still no word on the accuracy module, but I can definitely live with this version.

What's typical cut on dispersion with the accuracy module?

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles
9 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

It's -7% for the Gun Fire Control System Mod 2 iirc.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,706 posts
4,256 battles
27 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

12 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

It's -7% for the Gun Fire Control System Mod 2 iirc.

Yep. -7% to horizontal dispersion.