You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

Kagafoo fun.

7 comments in this topic

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,959 posts
7,946 battles

shot-17_10.02_11_36.56-0652.thumb.jpg.50bf914de38399969fe444de32bcccec.jpg

My best match of the weekend. Oh, except it's Monday already?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles

So you're one of those Kaga players eh...

This weekend Kagas and their op torp spread was the bane of my existence.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,241 posts
15,762 battles

To compound what Kaga can do, I've been seeing a lot of Scrub Saipans.  In the past, when I see a Saipan is on our team, I tend to think the air war will go heavily in our team's favor, and eventually Saipan's attack power will be leveraged once the skies are cleared.

But lately, the quality of Saipan players has dropped.  So bad that I'm seeing KAGA shut them down air-to-air.  KAGA.  I'm not talking about a Kaga sweeping around for a CV snipe and taking out Saipan early on.  I'm talking air-to-air fighting, Kaga crushing Saipan planes.

It should be impossible, but a lot of bad players have gotten their hands on Saipan.  So it's no longer a given, "Saipan should crush Kaga."  You really, really better hope your local Saipan is actually decent, otherwise Kaga gets to run rampant and your team is going to lose as a result.

On 10/2/2017 at 5:21 AM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

So you're one of those Kaga players eh...

This weekend Kagas and their op torp spread was the bane of my existence.

That torpedo drop pattern is not only what keeps Kaga relevant, it's propping her stats up to the stratosphere :Smile_teethhappy: Even the DDs hate it than anything else.  It's a weird but very dense pattern and not what a lot of people are used to compared to the straight line torp drops of other torp bombers.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,959 posts
7,946 battles
15 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

To compound what Kaga can do, I've been seeing a lot of Scrub Saipans.  In the past, when I see a Saipan is on our team, I tend to think the air war will go heavily in our team's favor, and eventually Saipan's attack power will be leveraged once the skies are cleared.

But lately, the quality of Saipan players has dropped.  So bad that I'm seeing KAGA shut them down air-to-air.  KAGA.  I'm not talking about a Kaga sweeping around for a CV snipe and taking out Saipan early on.  I'm talking air-to-air fighting, Kaga crushing Saipan planes.

It should be impossible, but a lot of bad players have gotten their hands on Saipan.  So it's no longer a given, "Saipan should crush Kaga."  You really, really better hope your local Saipan is actually decent, otherwise Kaga gets to run rampant and your team is going to lose as a result.

That torpedo drop pattern is not only what keeps Kaga relevant, it's propping her stats up to the stratosphere :Smile_teethhappy: Even the DDs hate it than anything else.  It's a weird but very dense pattern and not what a lot of people are used to compared to the straight line torp drops of other torp bombers.

Since Monday, I have been running into far too many competent Saipan players :Smile_sad: It has got so bad I decided to dust off my own Saipan for a few days! Literally wiping my poor little Kagalings off the the face of the map, game after game...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That's actually a big part of it I think. Not only is the pattern good for getting multiple hits but the pattern is not what I expect so it throws off my reaction.

[M_L]
Beta Testers
323 posts
9,085 battles

This result feels oddly relevant....

Spoiler

shot-17_10.05_09_54.23-0611.thumb.jpg.63cd7f8bc453ea7df742ab2d511231ec.jpgshot-17_10.05_09_54.26-0272.thumb.jpg.b468d4e69bd828c2f3a61c62d4da141f.jpg

All in all was probably the funnest game I've played in a while. o7 nutty