Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
riverslq

Just detonated by secondaries in a tier 5 match!

35 comments in this topic

[CUTER]
Members
3,826 posts
16,875 battles

You got them 10 bonus flags. How can you complain about getting free stuff, be grateful for what WG has provided for you for free.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
3,826 posts
16,875 battles
23 hours ago, riverslq said:

Moderated by Mezurashi.

Girls ain't for free to begin with.

• Cool 4

[SPTR]
Members
26,351 posts
11,647 battles

the daily rant of the detonation mechanics,

surely this should be getting on WG's nerves right now.

[DAKI]
Members
654 posts
7,485 battles
6 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

they dont listen to their CCs,and others that test ships, why would they listen to English forums?

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,858 posts
6,889 battles
1 hour ago, awildpervert said:

they dont listen to their CCs,and others that test ships, why would they listen to English forums?

If the English Forums would show that the majority here dislikes Detonations... maybe? But since the opinion on this Forum is obvious, why should they?

Some Polls from this Forum:

Do you feel like Detonations add anything of value to the game? 74% answered with 'yes'

Should Detonations be removed? 66% answered with 'no'

Next poll:

Do Detonations serve a purpose? ~68% answered 'yes'

And a last poll:

Are Detonations Happening too often? 72% answered 'no'

Do Detonations force the Players to use the Magazine mod? 82% answered 'no'

Do Detonations remove skill from the game? 71% answered 'no'

The opinion of the Players on this Forum is obvious.

• Cool 3

[DAKI]
Members
654 posts
7,485 battles
38 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

If the English Forums would show that the majority here dislikes Detonations... maybe? But since the opinion on this Forum is obvious, why should they?

Some Polls from this Forum:

Do you feel like Detonations add anything of value to the game? 74% answered with 'yes'

Should Detonations be removed? 66% answered with 'no'

Next poll:

Do Detonations serve a purpose? ~68% answered 'yes'

And a last poll:

hmm cant argue with facts and majority rule.

[BUNNY]
Beta Testers
975 posts
4,253 battles
53 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

All that tells us is that the average WoWs player is a window licking mong. Completely RNG based 'you lose' game mechanics have no place in a competitive multiplayer game, except to occasionally make bad players feel like they've accomplished something. 

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,858 posts
6,889 battles
12 minutes ago, RevolutionBlues said:

All that tells us is that the average WoWs player is a window licking mong. Completely RNG based 'you lose' game mechanics have no place in a competitive multiplayer game, except to occasionally make bad players feel like they've accomplished something. 

They disagree, therefore they must be stupid...

Is that all you wanted to say?

And good for you to use this choice of words: "competitive multiplayer game"

Is a Random Battle a competitive multiplayer game mode? I highly doubt it. The competitive game modes that we have a Ranked Battles and Clan/Team Battles.

Regardless of your opinion to above, fact remains that the anti-Detonation crowd on the NA Forum is a minority. and therefore WG is highly unlikely to listen to you here. Admit it or show ignorance, the choice is yours.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles
6 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

It's gotten on my nerves.  I don't like the mechanic but it's too rare for me to get worked up about.  But whinny threads about it are very common... I hate those more than the detonations lol.

• Cool 1

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
5 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

And the players are objectively wrong.

Oh, and the polls all seem to be missing two important things (Including the one I made. It's a crappy poll.):

1) Those polls all assume people know what detonations actually are. They do not. You constantly see people who confuse regular devastating strikes for detonations.

2) They all lack a "meh, I don't care"/"I don't care but it should stay because it's here" option.

7 hours ago, m373x said:

How can you complain about getting free stuff, be grateful for what WG has provided for you for free.

So, you're saying that I should be happy that WG is giving me a way to prevent a problem that they caused?

Oh, and they're providing me that solution at about 1/10 the quantity I'd need to actually avoid that problem.

I love it when WG constantly spits in my face and they sometimes give me a tissue to clean myself off!

Edited by issm

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,750 posts
3,508 battles
6 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Nah, I think they're laughing their asses off knowing that their mechanic is working as intended.

Angering noobs who don't learn to try an minimize them,

~Hunter

[CUTER]
Members
3,826 posts
16,875 battles
8 minutes ago, issm said:

So, you're saying that I should be happy that WG is giving me a way to prevent a problem that they caused?

Oh, and they're providing me that solution at about 1/10 the quantity I'd need to actually avoid that problem.

I love it when WG constantly spits in my face and they sometimes give me a tissue to clean myself off!

Free content in a free to play game. All of us are playing for free and should be grateful y3CmetK.png?1

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
1 minute ago, m373x said:

Free content in a free to play game. All of us are playing for free and should be grateful y3CmetK.png?1

"Free content". Yeah, really bad free content that I don't want.

You know that saying, if you're not paying, you're the product?

That cuts both ways.

There is no game without players. I am providing content for WG's other players to play against, and WG should be grateful I'm spending time in their game instead of another one.

Members
20,838 posts
5,614 battles
4 hours ago, RevolutionBlues said:

If the average player is a bad player, why on earth would you think that there's no place for mechanics (and theres several) that makes them feel like they've accomplished something? 

Although I disagree that it's that type of mechanic, since it affects everyone equally. Bad players can detonate other bad players.

[CUTER]
Members
3,826 posts
16,875 battles
5 minutes ago, issm said:

There is no game without players. I am providing content for WG's other players to play against, and WG should be grateful I'm spending time in their game instead of another one.

They are grateful, this is why they are giving us free camos, signal flags, consumables, ships, premium time, etc.

You will never see WG saying "play our game more!" but instead the playerbase is constantly demanding things like "remove detonations!" "fix radar!" etc. We are sinners and when judgement day comes Gaben will have no mercy on us.

Btw we like detonations. Every poll shows it, even your own one.

Edited by m373x

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,858 posts
6,889 battles
21 minutes ago, issm said:

And the players are objectively wrong.

I will Redirect to LWM here, she can answer the question regarding Detonations and Skill better than I do.

Though, and I want to Point that out, the question regarding Detonations was phrased as 'Do you feel at the present state Detonations remove skill from the game?' I have shortened the question because I hate to type more than necessary at this PC (autocorrect leaves some crappy marks everywhere). And the question 'Do you feel like Detonations are [...]' is different from the question 'Are Detonations [...]'.

21 minutes ago, issm said:

Oh, and the polls all seem to be missing two important things (Including the one I made. It's a crappy poll.):

1) Those polls all assume people know what detonations actually are. They do not. You constantly see people who confuse regular devastating strikes for detonations.

2) They all lack a "meh, I don't care"/"I don't care but it should stay because it's here" option.

1) Those People who don't are usually the ones who a: Claim to have been detonated while wearing the flag or b: are ranting about how every second game Ends in a 'Detonation' for them, I don't recall to have ever seen someone who got detonated but mistook it for a Devastating Strike. So how are the results flawed when People believe that more Detonations are Happening than they actually do? How would the question 'Do you feel detonations are happening too often over all?' look like if People would know 100% when they got detonated and when not?

2) Those that think "Meh, I don't care" are very unlikely to even vote in These polls. If People don't care about a Topic, why even read them? Only reason to look at one of These threads is to watch the Drama.

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
5 minutes ago, m373x said:

They are grateful, this is why they are giving us free camos, signal flags, consumables, ships, premium time, etc.

You mean those token gestures that are completely worthless most of the time?

"We're totally sorry for not investing the resources into actually fixing all the glaring problems with the game, so take these random flags and crap, shut up and stop complaining".

Kinda like giving you 10 flags to prevent a crap mechanic that happens, on average, in 1/100 matches.

Sure, some of the stuff, i.e. the special flags on the anniversary, is nice, but even then, those are solutions to problems WG deliberately into the game.

For example, commander exp. In gameplay terms, it's a horrible mechanic. It throws people with OP maxed out captains into the same matches with 10 pointers or less. Thing is, it's completely unnecessary. If you look at a more player friendly game like LoL, skill points are tied to account level, and you only get matched with people close to your level - i.e. similar levels of power in their build. The only reason this mechanic exists is to give players something they have to grind, preferably with premium time.

So WG puts this problem into the game, and oh, they're soooo grateful that they'll give us a few flags that temporarily fix the problem.

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
5 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

I will Redirect to LWM here, she can answer the question regarding Detonations and Skill better than I do.

LWM doesn't have anything but deflection, obfuscation, and hypocrisy.

Her "work" - in reality, nothing more than getting Octavian (I think?) to tell us the way the mechanics work, the rest of it was noting more than reinventing the wheel - is nice to know, but at the end of the day, none of it presented new information. It only confirmed what was already assumed to be true - detonations required damage to the magazines, splash damage counted, and there was an RNG roll involved.

She points at how you can technically score detonations by skill, while ignoring all the practical issues that prevent that from being true in real gameplay.

She pointed out in her very first article, with the Omaha, that in any situation where you could realistically aim to detonate the Omaha, killing it with regular citadels is more effective. Whenever you quote her on that, she'll claim that this is only true for that specific case. In reality, it's better in almost EVERY case to aim for regular citadels (or, in the case of DDs, center of mass shots, or unsaturated sections, as it were) instead of trying to detonate - even if the magazine section took full magazine damage (which, on Omaha, it does not), center of mass shots provide superior hit rates (as opposed to the usually much smaller magazines), and consistency of outcome (more cits/normal pens instead of regular pens/overpens).

There was also that hilarious bit of nonsense she threw out when she claimed that anti detonation people depended on "insulting the skill of the pro-detonation people" while conveniently ignoring the fact that her very own argument of "git gud and you won't be detonated" is essentially telling people to stop being bad and shut up.

19 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

So how are the results flawed when People believe that more Detonations are Happening than they actually do?

Because standard devastating strikes are things that most certainly usually happen by skill (or lack thereof on the target's part).

Someone who thinks detonations are just devastating strikes can reasonably assume that detonations are skill based, when, in practical terms, they are not. (At minimum, orders of magnitude less skill based).

21 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

2) Those that think "Meh, I don't care" are very unlikely to even vote in These polls. If People don't care about a Topic, why even read them? Only reason to look at one of These threads is to watch the Drama.

Sure.

But that's not the only missing option I suggested, the other one was "This should stay because it's the status quo".

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,706 posts
4,256 battles

Ah the age old detonation argument. :Smile_popcorn:

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,858 posts
6,889 battles
3 minutes ago, issm said:

-snip-

I won't even bother to get into that Drama that seems to have happened between you and LWM.

4 minutes ago, issm said:

Because standard devastating strikes are things that most certainly usually happen by skill (or lack thereof on the target's part).

Someone who thinks detonations are just devastating strikes can reasonably assume that detonations are skill based, when, in practical terms, they are not. (At minimum, orders of magnitude less skill based).

That might influence the results for 'Do you feel like they remove skill', but how would it affect 'Do you feel like they happen too often?'? Though it would be a lot more accurate to make a poll in which you explain Detonations objectively, and then ask People to vote based on that knowledge while giving those Options that you missed.

19 minutes ago, issm said:

Sure.

But that's not the only missing option I suggested, the other one was "This should stay because it's the status quo".

See above, that would be solved as well with that Option.

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
4 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

I won't even bother to get into that Drama that seems to have happened between you and LWM.

LWM's information is correct (mostly because it's not her information, it's information from a developer), but her interpretation is 100% wrong.

That's really all that's relevant.

1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

That might influence the results for 'Do you feel like they remove skill', but how would it affect 'Do you feel like they happen too often?'? Though it would be a lot more accurate to make a poll in which you explain Detonations objectively, and then ask People to vote based on that knowledge while giving those Options that you missed.

I imagine people would be more tolerant of skill based kills happening all the time vs "RNG says screw you" happening all the time.

Your question here is like asking "if you don't think there are too many cruisers, why do you think there are two many BBs?".

(Actual) Skill based detonation and RNG detonation are completely different mechanics, and as a consequence, player reactions should be expected to be completely different.

6 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

See above, that would be solved as well with that Option.

Imo, no, it's not the same.

That is opinion though.

Core of the problem is, the response options are all quite binary.

Sign in to follow this