Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Reeves

Should i get Midway?

14 comments in this topic

[KSC]
[KSC]
Members
212 posts
8,448 battles

So i went threw All but Essex and wanted to know if Midway is worth it or if i should get something els.

Edited by Joeycool90

[LBA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,353 posts
43 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I feel like you sorta have too. 

You've run the 26 miles of that marathon, finish the .2

This ^

But also, changes to USN CVs are coming. When you combine whatever armament revisions are coming to USN CVs with their high squadron durability... they could become very powerful very easily.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,269 posts
15,775 battles

I think the Hak is superior but a Tier X CV is a Tier X CV.  Not to mention OP, if you already got to Essex, like others said, you may as well finish the line off.  Whether you buy the ship is another matter.  Research it.  If the upcoming USN AP bombs shape up to be useful, I'd hate to see what Midway's Tier X DBs can do on someone.

• Cool 1

[-I-]
Members
1,722 posts
11,183 battles

It's better than the Essex straight up, and it's better against the Hak than the Essex is against the Taiho. There's no reason not to get it.

[NO_CV]
Members
304 posts
3,751 battles
3 hours ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

I own the midway, I play the 2/2/1 build.  I enjoy her.

pls teach me how i can also play with that setup

Members
482 posts
9,524 battles
On 10/2/2017 at 1:27 AM, _Zergling said:

pls teach me how i can also play with that setup

I haven't even fully upgraded her yet, but from what I can tell is first discern what the enemy is flying.  Equal or more fighters than your foe you can make some fun work of their planes.  If the enemy has more, use your fighters to lure theirs away to strike else where.  I am more of a "protect the fleet" type of person.  Which isn't always easy but is the most rewarding when I get that strafe right before the torp planes let lose and the friendly ship goes, THANK YOU!

[-I-]
Members
1,722 posts
11,183 battles
4 minutes ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

I haven't even fully upgraded her yet, but from what I can tell is first discern what the enemy is flying.  Equal or more fighters than your foe you can make some fun work of their planes.  If the enemy has more, use your fighters to lure theirs away to strike else where.  I am more of a "protect the fleet" type of person.  Which isn't always easy but is the most rewarding when I get that strafe right before the torp planes let lose and the friendly ship goes, THANK YOU!

Zerg was joking, asking how you could even get that loadout. 2/2/1 is two fighters, two torp bombers, and one dive bomber, which doesn't exist. You run 2/1/2, which is the default Midway loadout.

Members
482 posts
9,524 battles
Just now, dngrcnnn said:

Zerg was joking, asking how you could even get that loadout. 2/2/1 is two fighters, two torp bombers, and one dive bomber, which doesn't exist. You run 2/1/2, which is the default Midway loadout.

Ah, sorry, I always forget how people do it.  So its fighter, torp, bomber.  Got it.  My apologies on that.  

[-I-]
Members
1,722 posts
11,183 battles
1 minute ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

Ah, sorry, I always forget how people do it.  So its fighter, torp, bomber.  Got it.  My apologies on that.  

Not a big deal in the slightest, was just explaining his comment. But yea, it's left to right in the loadout screen in your port. So Fighters, Torpedo Bombers, then Dive Bombers.

• Cool 1

Members
612 posts
3,335 battles
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:49 PM, Carrier_Ikoma said:

This ^

But also, changes to USN CVs are coming. When you combine whatever armament revisions are coming to USN CVs with their high squadron durability... they could become very powerful very easily.

Might see some more loadout options but Midway is already very strong (and beats the Hakuryu handedly in AS) so there certainly wont be any big changes coming for 8/9/10 tiers.

Plus they still cant balance AP bombs so who knows when they'll become more widespread.

Edited by ksix

Sign in to follow this