You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
joshua011

Pan-Asia DD Radar

94 comments in this topic

Members
103 posts
1,003 battles

Noster in his new video claimed that Pan-Asia DD will have radar...   (20:20) (sorry if it's already been mentioned)

[HYDRA]
Members
136 posts
1,169 battles

I am of two minds about this 1) Hell no, I hope he is wrong 2) could someone check the recent vodka consumption in Nicosia, Belarus

• Cool 1

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts

What I'm more pissed about is how WG is throwing these ships into randoms without a single mention about what they can do.

Was contesting my cap in Minotaur with nothing but DDs nearby (no Germans or Lo Yangs around), when I suddenly get lit up by radar/sonar.

Like, seriously, how the hell do you expect to get test results that are even remotely accurate when people don't know what the primary threat from the ship being tested is?

• Cool 8

[INTEL]
Members
9,242 posts
26,900 battles

Tons of Chinese speakers around. No reason Notser couldn't find out how to say Hsiangyang properly. Hsiang has three parts 

sh = as in she

i = ee as in feed

ang = short a rhymes with ah

...all pronounced as one syllable sh--ee--ang. The yang is the same as the ang in hsiang.

If they get radar, then we'll go another step closer to that glorious day when we can load into a match and every ship has radar. Loaded into a match with 7 radar ships on a side yesterday.

Definitely unhappy with the way WG is handing out radar like candy. They tried with the UK BBs, luckily the testers told them that was a bad idea. But here they are back again, having been told its a bad idea already. Do any of the devs actually play the game? I guess not.

• Cool 2

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,530 battles

Wow this is bad. Deep Water tops + best concealment + best smoke + best turning + being a great DD vs DD brawler + radar.... RETARDED WG. FIRE SOMEONE.

Honesty just fire who ever even thought of even adding the pan-asian Frankenstein crap to the game. Worthless.

• Cool 1

[BUNNY]
Beta Testers
975 posts
4,228 battles
7 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

RETARDED WG. FIRE SOMEONE.

Congratulations. You have been selected to be Wargaming's next community contributor!  

We're sorry to inform you that we will be terminating your community contributor status effective immediately. We wish you the best of luck in future endeavors

-Wargaming

• Cool 11

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,530 battles
2 minutes ago, RevolutionBlues said:

Congratulations. You have been selected to be Wargaming's next community contributor!  

We're sorry to inform you that we will be terminating your community contributor status effective immediately. We wish you the best of luck in future endeavors

-Wargaming

Bravo! lol

giphy.gif

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,637 posts
7,879 battles
32 minutes ago, Herodotus4 said:

I am of two minds about this 1) Hell no, I hope he is wrong 2) could someone check the recent vodka consumption in Nicosia, Belarus

Tiers 8, 9 and 10 currently have it in testing.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,471 posts
7,668 battles
22 minutes ago, issm said:

What I'm more pissed about is how WG is throwing these ships into randoms without a single mention about what they can do.

Was contesting my cap in Minotaur with nothing but DDs nearby (no Germans or Lo Yangs around), when I suddenly get lit up by radar/sonar.

Like, seriously, how the hell do you expect to get test results that are even remotely accurate when people don't know what the primary threat from the ship being tested is?

im gonna have to agree with Issm here, as strange as that may be, but we all remember how USS Black was with its radar

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,008 posts
4,790 battles

At this point, the PA DD line could shape up to be the worst thing that ever happened to the game. I sure hope that WG sticks the landing.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
4,864 posts
11,804 battles

This is a very stupid idea.

Why are you doing this, WG?  Why?

:fish_palm:

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,697 posts
4,256 battles

Wow. You guys are acting as if the end of the world has come. 

The radar is pathetic, only having 7.5km range and 10s duration on T8, 12s on T9, and 15s at T10. 

• Cool 7

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,620 posts
3,724 battles

I guess it makes sense from a perverse point of view; if they only get Deep Water torps, then they'll get something to help soft counter other enemy DDs.

[SYN]
Members
14,847 posts
11,306 battles
17 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

The radar is pathetic, only having 7.5km range and 10s duration on T8, 12s on T9, and 15s at T10. 

Those look balanced compared to Black's radar...

Members
568 posts
4,372 battles
18 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

It will have a 16.8 duration on my T9 and 21 second duration on my T10...which seems nice.  I wonder if they figured anyone would put the radar mod on one?  I suspect I will still strongly prefer the Z-52's 5.88km, 122 second hydro.  But, it will be nice to have that turning radius, super smoke, and concealment.  Eating torps in smoke still seems to be a major weakness.  But, with that concealment?  This could be a very strong support DD.  You're going to gun and run for days.     

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Just testing them mind you.

Nothing is ever final until it's actually live.

I assume most of you remember German DDs, and the GZ? 

Yeah, wait till they're actually live..

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
9,242 posts
26,900 battles
1 minute ago, Wulfgarn said:

Just testing them mind you.

Nothing is ever final until it's actually like.

I assume most of you remember German DDs, and the GZ? 

Yeah, wait till they're actually live..

That's exactly why the playerbase should be registering how idiotic an idea this is right away.

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
9,242 posts
26,900 battles

Oh, and just another case of...

DEV A: The players say there are too many BBs.

DEV B: Uh-oh. What should we do?
DEV A: Nerf DDs. 
DEV B: Great! Nobody will want to play BBs now!

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,242 posts
26,900 battles
59 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

MOSKVA PLAYER: Where is the green DD? Is it in my radar range?

HSIANGYANG PLAYER: Lemme spot it with my radar first, then you can decide whether to burn yours.

HSIANGYANG PLAYER: Yes. Hang on,lemme radar it first, then you turn yours on. It will be dead by then.

Etc

Putting radar on anything but a cruiser is wrong as wrong can be, especially when it is done for a gimmick.

[NGA]
Members
1,495 posts
8,668 battles

Lets not freak out quite yet. They tested Brit BBs with Radar and DF and realized that was a bad idea so that could be the case here. And if worst-comes-to-worst, they are based on the high-tier US DDs which are frankly on the crappy side. If nothing else, this could be a good basis to push for US and IJN DDs to be buffed.

Members
568 posts
4,372 battles
12 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

HSIANGYANG PLAYER: Lemme spot it with my radar first, then you can decide whether to burn yours.

HSIANGYANG PLAYER: Yes. Hang on,lemme radar it first, then you turn yours on. It will be dead by then.

Etc

Putting radar on anything but a cruiser is wrong as wrong can be, especially when it is done for a gimmick.

I was thinking more DD-centric.  Pair a Z-52 with it.  Hsiang is going to out spot anything with that 5.4 km concealment.  And, if it actually does get detected, it can pop that long smoke.  Enter the friendly, undetected Z-52.  No need for radar yet.  The Zed's hydro has them to 5.88 and as long as there is no red Zed or radar, it's feeding time.  Red wants to flee outside 5.88?  Pop that radar.  Hsiang pursuit is optional to keep them perma spotted.  Or, you could roll in your Moskva and have him wait until 7.5 is cleared.  And, factor in fleet support for the initial spotting, and afterwards.  Oddly enough, I think the biggest issue with the radar is the conceal value.  You can really leverage those two into something powerful.  I would be mildly surprised if both the radar and the conceal numbers remained the same.

• Cool 1