You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
riverslq

Detonation Poll

Detonation  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Is it...

• Fun and Engaging
    • Только то, что царь заказал

49 comments in this topic

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,259 posts

Клянусь, я не говорю по-русски, товарищ.

О, и весело и интересно. Каждый раз.

Банан.

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,493 posts
4,136 battles

Fun and engaging when it happens to someone else. Not fun and engaging when it happens to yourself.

• Cool 5

[DAKI]
Members
654 posts
7,443 battles

No se hablar ruso así que elegí la primera elección

Hmm detenation rarely happens to me so i dont worry about it, I think as of now, only 3 times, but Im not going to lie and say its fun

Edited by awildpervert

[NDA]
Supertester
3,900 posts
1,545 battles
31 minutes ago, MeinKampfyBoot said:

Oh look its this thread.

IKR?  I was getting worried, hadn't seen one in almost a week...

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,394 battles

Jesus detonations...

can I just kindly request people to get the fck over it? Or better yet, if it really bothers you that much, put on a Juliet Charlie flag and stop crying.

• Cool 4

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
352 posts
7,520 battles

I like detonation it bring in that kaboom you're  dead.  I have done it tons of time and been detonated some too.  It adds a thrill to the game.  For people that die alot to detonations and complain why they are in the game, you are doing somthing very wrong. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,831 posts
7,976 battles
47 minutes ago, riverslq said:

Thoughts?

as long as its not me .. it’s a good thing..:Smile_great:I usually say OMG:Smile_ohmy:and then .. sorry:Smile_honoring:

Members
2,746 posts
5,723 battles

As I said many times..if they removed it no one would notice or care for that matter.  If the scheme be that if you sail in certain waters they may be mined but at the same time if you did cross those waters you would get a reward..then its okay to become detonated as you expected that outcome. Otherwise...its just a waste of time and nothing of any appeal to either team when it happens.   All it does is just piss off players as they were cut short in their session to play a game. 

• Cool 2

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,619 posts
3,724 battles

Thoughts?

Detonation is perfectly fine. Even if it happens to me. I get flags out of it that help protect the ships I don't want to get Detonated in (like my T10s).

That said, I really need more Anti-Det flags. Sailing like a complete potato in DDs I'm not proficient in does not result in Detonations for me. I try going bow on to get an AP shell to detonate me, I try sailing into enemy DD torps, I try sailing broadside to an HE-spamming cruiser, and still no dice.

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,461 posts
8,988 battles

I guess this is just a PVP thing, because I can't recall in the last year it happening to me. (Co-op) main.

[LEGO]
Members
145 posts
4,073 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Jesus detonations...

can I just kindly request people to get the fck over it? Or better yet, if it really bothers you that much, put on a Juliet Charlie flag and stop crying.

So, a flag you have to earn by being detonated (a bad game mechanic) to prevent being blown up by said bad game mechanic.

Logic!

Edited by riverslq
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
3,788 posts
1,509 battles
12 minutes ago, riverslq said:

So, a flag you have to earn by being detonated (a bad game mechanic) to prevent being blown up by said bad game mechanic.

Logic!

If you hate the mechanic that much, no one's holding a gun to your head to play the game.  Every time there's a poll about Detonations, the vote is to keep them, and WG agrees as well.  

Might as well try to stop the tide.  Stop your whining, if you remember how.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

All my battles, I've been detonated around 100xs.

I don't particularly care for it. I don't want to win that way, but it's no biggie.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[INTEL]
Members
9,241 posts
26,899 battles
4 hours ago, SpudZero said:

I guess this is just a PVP thing, because I can't recall in the last year it happening to me. (Co-op) main.

Ive played 000s of games in coop, can't remember many detonations at all. But the bots seem to det pretty regularly.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
5 hours ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Jesus detonations...

GglBN1G.gif

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

I've played over 400 pvp games. You know how many times I've been detonated in those games?

Once. Only once. Thats it. In over 400 pvp games, I've only been detonated once. In ALL 1160 games which includes all pvp and pve games, I've been detonated *maybe* 3 times total. Thats it.

Detonations are fine. Quit yer bitchin' and slap on some of those neat-o anti-kablooie flags you'll never have to fear of the ol' det monster again.

Members
861 posts
5,033 battles
29 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I've played over 400 pvp games. You know how many times I've been detonated in those games?

Once. Only once. Thats it. In over 400 pvp games, I've only been detonated once. In ALL 1160 games which includes all pvp and pve games, I've been detonated *maybe* 3 times total. Thats it.

Detonations are fine. Quit yer bitchin' and slap on some of those neat-o anti-kablooie flags you'll never have to fear of the ol' det monster again.

This still isn't a defense. A [edited] mechanic that rarely happens (and again I will make the point that the amount of detonations present in your matches is significantly higher than your personal detonation rate) is still a [edited] mechanic. 

[LEGO]
Members
145 posts
4,073 battles
41 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

ahh, but you have to go kabloo-ie first to get those flags.

that in itself is broken.

See?

(oh, and good for you, buy a lottery ticket)

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,746 posts
3,499 battles
5 hours ago, riverslq said:

ahh, but you have to go kabloo-ie first to get those flags.

that in itself is broken.

See?

(oh, and good for you, buy a lottery ticket)

Detonations are fine as they are. I've been detonated over 6 times in a total of nearly 3k games.

That's not a lot. Detonation flags are thing, take a low tier DD and farm them once per day.

~Hunter