You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

19-Pt BB captain is a waste...

46 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
Members
508 posts

For example, an AA focused Montana captain has BFT and AFT. When going to a battle, there is no CV.

For another example, a Secondary focused GKurfust captain has AFT BFT & manual secondary. When going to a battle, if he is aggressive, he will die quickly. If he plays normally (angle, snipe), shoot a cruiser from 12km, then he plays well but secondary hardly makes an impact. 

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,493 posts
4,136 battles

It's better to have those skills and not need them, than to need those skills but not have them.

• Cool 20

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,697 posts
4,256 battles

I am at a loss. What is the question and/or topic of this thread?

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
6,777 battles
1 minute ago, Panbun said:

It's better to have those skills and not need them, than to need those skills but not have them.

Yeah... this.

In other news, water still wet, more at 11!

• Cool 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,794 posts
6,163 battles
10 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

If he plays normally (angle, snipe)

This explains your stats so well.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,620 posts
3,724 battles

You're absolutely right. 19 point BB captains need more points. We need 38 point BB Captains! We need double the points of any other class! We need to be able to take every offensive and defensive skill needed to extend our longevity! And to commemorate it, our captains hairs turn white and grow even older in looks! :cap_old:

Members
1,019 posts
8,415 battles
18 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

For example, an AA focused Montana captain has BFT and AFT. When going to a battle, there is no CV.

For another example, a Secondary focused GKurfust captain has AFT BFT & manual secondary. When going to a battle, if he is aggressive, he will die quickly. If he plays normally (angle, snipe), shoot a cruiser from 12km, then he plays well but secondary hardly makes an impact. 

You better be trolling because with 9.3k battles I can't believe my eyes.

[TNG]
Members
1,001 posts
12,727 battles

or use secondary build and not play like a scrub ?

u know stay alive until mid game and then u can push with secondary guns blazing and take advantage of the skills.

going full AA is a waste lots of time but a trade off if your scared of CVs, same with def fire on cruisers instead of hydro....  hydro is more useful 75% of the time. but it sure is nice to have that def AA when you need it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,257 posts
5,113 battles
29 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I am at a loss. What is the question and/or topic of this thread?

Kinda wondered about it myself...

[WOLFB]
Members
2,058 posts
9,472 battles

pls give me all your Free Commander XP or even you 19pts commander. I really need it

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles

I thought the main purpose of a 19 point commander was to grind Elite Commander XP.  And, I get to sometimes use stuff I normally wouldn't, like JOAT.  Just got my fourth.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,242 posts
26,900 battles
1 hour ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

19 point captain = endless pool of elite commander exp.

Yep... breeding 19 pt captains like bacteria now...

Members
1,285 posts
7,636 battles
1 hour ago, USSRichardNixon said:

what?  this must be a joke post. 

WTFgif.gif

[WOLF9]
Members
3,523 posts
15 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

pls give me all your Free Commander XP or even you 19pts commander. I really need it

No kidding!  I have ONE, and he's in a US BB.  I'd like to have more, so I can play other lines/types and still make scads of elite xp.   Currently, Gnevny and New Orleans are closest, but they're both a ways away yet.  I just blew all of my elite xp on my Montana captain, getting him a skill I needed.

After finishing that grind, I don't really feel like playing battleships right now...  I want my Minsk!  and whatever is after Farragut.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,523 posts
Just now, Fletcher7_1944 said:

No kidding!  I have ONE, and he's in a US BB.  I'd like to have more, so I can play other lines/types and still make scads of elite xp.   Currently, Gnevny and New Orleans are closest, but they're both a ways away yet.  I just blew all of my elite xp on my Montana captain, getting him a skill I needed.

After finishing that grind, I don't really feel like playing battleships right now...  I want my Minsk!  and whatever is after Farragut.

As a Montana captain I'll take that boosted AA insurance from an AA spec.  Even if I don't see a carrier every game, it's worth it if it convinces some CV to look elsewhere for free food- not to mention earning me credits and xp for all those fireworks er, I mean planes that got shot down!  Savvy CV captain avoiding a high tier USN BB like the plague??  Mission accomplished.   It's just the Texas/Cleveland syndrome.

Besides, I LIKE shooting down planes, sue me...  Payback for all those low tier games in ships with crap AA:cap_rambo:.

Everything else goes into survival and buffing my main battery.  Secondary builds on Montanas are kinda questionable- if you're diving into the midst of the reds all the time, you're doing it wrong.  With that gigantic turning radius, that's just begging to eat torpedoes... (not to mention citadel hits)

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,250 posts
4,763 battles
3 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

He is saying that it’s a waste to have a 19pt captain speced for something like AA and have no carrier in the match, or spec for secondaries and then can’t get close enough to use them in a match.