Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ZPA83

Clear Skies

7 comments in this topic

[TSG4B]
Members
1 post
6,167 battles

So I played a match with my Saipan and shot down 44 planes and did not get Clear skies.

World of Warships 10.01.2017 - 16.15.42.01.png

[RKLES]
Members
8,302 posts
10,522 battles

You must have only completed part of the requirements since yes you must shoot down at least 30 planes bit you must also shoot down a certain percentage of all the planes in the battle.

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,050 battles

Clear skies considers ALL of the enemy planes.  For instance, with a premium consumable my cruisers have at least 4 planes that would be included with the carrier's planes.  And, with the double plane Commander skill, that becomes 8...

"In a single battle, destroy more than 50% of enemy aircraft, including floatplanes launched by cruisers and battleships. You must destroy at least 30 aircraft. Can be obtained once per battle."

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Achievements

Edited by ExploratorOne

[5IN]
Members
1,919 posts
8,924 battles

Also, those float planes that never get launched and/or go down with a ship when it sinks also count.

This topic has popped up many times recently... With the large number of ships carrying aircraft, CS at higher tiers is hard to get.  Not impossible, just hard.  

Bottom line - they need to rework the achievement a little..  like maybe not counting planes that never flew.  

B

Edited by bassmasta76
  • Cool 1

[CS7]
[CS7]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
276 posts
2,572 battles

I agree @bassmasta76. I shot down 30 today in my Independence vs a Hosho, but didn't get it. This would have to mean that there were at least 31 other enemy planes that I never shot down.

Eight other ships with 4 planes a piece would do it. Let's assume 12 ships per team, -1 for the carrier and -3 destroyers -- that's 8. ALL the remaining boats would have to have had 4 planes on average on them. I'm calling that a bit of a stretch.

[TF]
[TF]
Beta Testers
23 posts
1,247 battles

Agreed, just played a battle where I shot down 42 enemy aircraft when my team destroyed a total of 55 altogether. Yet no clear skies as apparently the enemy team can carry more than 84 aircraft. It was tier VIII against a Shokaku, but it's starting to become ridiculous. They should go back to when it was just shoot down 30 enemy aircraft, cause that's still a challenge, or maybe increase it to 40, but take away the percentage piece.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
1,919 posts
8,924 battles
4 minutes ago, eagle7295 said:

Agreed, just played a battle where I shot down 42 enemy aircraft when my team destroyed a total of 55 altogether. Yet no clear skies as apparently the enemy team can carry more than 84 aircraft. It was tier VIII against a Shokaku, but it's starting to become ridiculous. They should go back to when it was just shoot down 30 enemy aircraft, cause that's still a challenge, or maybe increase it to 40, but take away the percentage piece.

Totally agree...  this is one achievement that has been overtaken by updates and not revisited.  

B

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this