You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Thewavis

Kii is no Amagi

84 comments in this topic

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

I have 50 games in the Kii. Have yet to crack more than three kills in a battle. Kill to death ratio is half of Amagi stats. Damage is less too even with Torpedoes being added. This ship is a Premium battleship and should get buffs to her reload and sigma scores if anything.

I take this position when ships like Mikhail Kutuzov exist with 0 dispersion, long range guns, smoke, start, stop, reverse in matter of seconds. Quick reloading guns make this ship a derp machine and her only downside? Paper thin armor. That ship has more going for it than against it while the Kii has more going against it than for it.

RNG effects battleships the most, why not throw the Kii a bone and give her Amagi style guns that shoot to kill vs straddling and under damaging opponents. It is only fair for those who support your daily lives and feed your families to give them a product that is FUN to play versus a struggle.

Thank you for considering my opinions, have a wonderful day.

Improvements needed:

1.8 or better SIGMA

20.5 KM range

Amagi/Nagato style gun turrets (For a better visual effect and more in line with modernized Japanese Battleships.)

Edited by Thewavis

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

When i play Amagi, I can be confident in possibly achieving a 200k game. Kii? i am praying for a 100k game. Where is the fun and engagement in that? It is depressing to spend 80 US dollars on a sub par ship.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,697 posts
4,256 battles

I have had no issues playing Kii. She is very comfortable and doesn't feel any worse at all than her tech tree counterpart.

She's just different, and requires some adjustments in play style accordingly.

• Cool 3

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

you cannot adjust for RNG. STOP DEFENDING EVERYTHING WARGAMING DOES! Every time I post on the forums, I have some BETA tester or ALPHA tester defending the bull s.h.i.t and hypocrisy of the game! Cut it out!

Edited by Thewavis

[HINON]
6,697 posts
4,256 battles

I have had no issue with RNG. The lowered reload and Sigma (by one measly point I might add.), is to compensate for the ridiculous AA, and torpedoes that she has. 

Or do you want Amagi to be outclassed?

• Cool 2

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

Kii is a premium it's not supposed to be better than a standard tree ship. That being said Kii is pretty much an American Battleship posing as a Japanese one. Kind of like the Enterprise is a Japanese Carrier posing as an American one.

[HINON]
Members
10,074 posts

What would you remove from the Kii if you were to buff the guns to be as good as the Amagi and how would this differentiate her from the Amagi?

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,259 posts
8 minutes ago, Thewavis said:

you cannot adjust for RNG. STOP DEFENDING EVERYTHING WARGAMING DOES! Every time I post on the forums, I have some BETA tester or ALPHA tester defending the bull s.h.i.t and hypocrisy of the game! Cut it out!

You can adjust for RNG, though. That's what makes the better players so good. They get themselves into situations where the RNG matters as little as they can possibly make it. It's called planning, or tactics.

If you want some pointers on this subject, I'd be happy to help.   

Edited by RivertheRoyal

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

Look at my battle stats in Amagi before coming to me with that copy and paste answer bro

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,259 posts
6 minutes ago, Thewavis said:

Look at my battle stats in Amagi before coming to me with that copy and paste answer bro

I'll assume you're talking to me. 

In which case, I checked your stats. 

Pretty impressive. I wish my Amagi winrate was that high. For some reason, teams just lose when I play Amagi. 

Spoiler

For ease of refrence and to save you the time, here's your stats: 

sbr0I3Q.png

Lotta games played there. 

And here are mine: 

XWB3Xgl.png

As you can see, my winrate really sucks. I'd really like to work on getting that up, but no longer have my Amagi. I do, however, now have the next best thing—a Kii. 

Edited by RivertheRoyal

[LBA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,349 posts

It was a near decision for me, but this is ultimately why I decided to not purchase the Kii. Giving up 'core competencies' (main battery performance and armor in particular. Amagi's secondaries are also pretty nice for discouraging DDs), just not worth it for AA and torps. Not worth it for me, anyways.

[HINON]
6,697 posts
4,256 battles
2 minutes ago, Thewavis said:

I can't tell who you are referring to, but I'll answer anyways. 

I looked at your stats on Amagi and Kii. Their stats are quite similar in most categories save WR and about a 3k average damage difference.

So, what is the issue? Are you not winning enough? That isn't totally your fault as that is dependant on teams at times.

Oh, and since I am thinking of it, those buffs would make Kii better than Amagi across the board.

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

The torps are purely situational unlike Tirpitz which can brawl. I finally got my second chance at them against a NC a few minutes ago and wasted him. It was a good duel and had the mountain to shield my approach while i picked off a Bayern, 41 main caliber hits should be 80k damage alone with an avg of 2k per solid hit. To many times Kii pens but does little to damage on broadside hits. This is why the Kii needs a Sigma boost plus guns that can reach out and touch like Nagato. She is a Tier 8 Premium BB. She feels more like a Tier 7 with her range and borderline discouraging gun hits. Plus the 100mm Akizuki guns are useless as secondaries and are barely better than Amagi AA suit where my plane kill ratio is about on par with the AA superior Kii, only a 0.02 difference! Where is the advantage in the Kii again?

Thank you for checking into my stats :) YES Kii needs to be BETTER because Amagi is a Battle Cruiser, not a Battleship. Case in point, Kutuzov is vastly superior to her tech tree counterpart the Chapyev. Food for thought I think, please pass this on to the Dev team. Since Tier 8's get regularly up tiered, the Kii needs to be closer to a weaker nine than a weaker 8 in this regard.

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

Kills are an issue too, the Sigma difference makes it night and day when trying to kill secure. While the Amagi is a useful battle ally, all the Kii can do is deal average damage and not get the critical kill shots at range where she should EXCEL due to her already short reach of her main battery. My Kill to death ratio in Amagi is 2.46, Kii is 1.15. That is a substantial difference in play-ability and usefulness to your team.

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

... considering the 3k damage difference that you observed above.

Since i am an avid Amagi player, I do feel that my opinion should have considerable weight, especially having over 4300 battles in two years. I think i know what I am talking about.

[HINON]
6,697 posts
4,256 battles
2 minutes ago, Thewavis said:

To many times Kii pens but does little to damage on broadside hits. This is why the Kii needs a Sigma boost plus guns that can reach out and touch like Nagato. She is a Tier 8 Premium BB. She feels more like a Tier 7 with her range and borderline discouraging gun hits.

Amagi and Kii's ballistic performance are exactly the same, and only have slightly less tight shell groupings. 

Amagi has only 500m less range than Amagi, is Amagi feeling like a T7 with her range?

And again, a sigma boost would simply make her more powerful than Amagi. The devs clearly did not want to do that. 

I have had some wonky shots, just the other night I couldn't cit a Cleveland for the life of me in close range. But that was because I was aggravated and not aiming properly.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,259 posts
9 minutes ago, Thewavis said:

... considering the 3k damage difference that you observed above.

Since i am an avid Amagi player, I do feel that my opinion should have considerable weight, especially having over 4300 battles in two years. I think i know what I am talking about.

You have 1880 games in the Amagi. While that's impressive, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Edit: Wait, I realise you meant total battles. Whoops, sorry.  

Edited by RivertheRoyal

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

But the Dev's have no problems pumping out OP ships like Kutuzov? It is clear the Dev's have a bias against anything Japanese. It is clear as day who the Dev's prefer for nations they include in this game. Besides that, it is not what the Dev's want but what the game NEEDS. A better Kii BALANCES the game by keeping derpy cruiser on their toes and DD captains a tad more unsure.

Also, any word out on when the Yamato's broken armor will be repaired? If you look at her citadel armor levels, there is no way she should be getting penned in most circumstances yet Yamato players can tell you they get citadelled more often than they should compared to other BB's and with the removal of their "Super Heal" (Which the Brits seem to get as well as 0 citadel zones) makes it all that much harder to fight considering how quickly they burn down.

Edited by Thewavis

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

It is not getting ahead of myself when I have more battles in ONE ship than you do your entire time playing the game, no offense.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,259 posts
Just now, Thewavis said:

But the Dev's have no problems pumping out OP ships like Kutuzov? It is clear the Dev's have a bias against anything Japanese. It is clear as day who the Dev's prefer for nations they include in this game. Besides that, it is not what the Dev's want but what the game NEEDS. A better Kii BALANCES the game by keeping derpy cruiser on their toes and DD captains a td more unsure.

Also, any word out on when the Yamato's broken armor will be repaired? If you look at her citadel armor levels, there is no way she should be getting penned in most circumstances yet Yamato players can tell you they get citadelled more often than they should compared to other BB's and with the removal of their "Super Heal" (Which the Brits seem to get as well as 0 citadel zones) makes it all that much harder to fight considering how quickly they burn down.

Kutuzov is supposedly getting nerfed with the smoke changes. The Yamato lol-pens everything she faces, through the bow. 

1 minute ago, Thewavis said:

It is not getting ahead of myself when I have more battles in ONE ship than you do your entire time playing the game, no offense.

Considering my stats, I wouldn't take offence. 

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

If you have an Amagi then a simple reading of any review by just about everyone would of told you that there wasn't much of a difference between the two and Amagi was supposed to be more powerful. You wasted your money if you thought otherwise.

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

You are a hell of a player, I will give you that to which you have most certainly earned. :) I have had the Yamato and she does NOT consistently LOL pen through the bow., If anything it is about as much as the Amagi or any other BB. I have not as many battles in Yamato but she has more faults than goods in that regard and something needs to be done for a ship that required over 450 aircraft in 4 hours to put down that in this game a single BB can triple cit while a cruiser can burn her to death in a matter of minutes.

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

No, I never thought otherwise, but the Kii needs the buffs, simple as that. She is the next generation Amagi, not a generation behind.

[HINON]
6,697 posts
4,256 battles
4 minutes ago, Thewavis said:

But the Dev's have no problems pumping out OP ships like Kutuzov? It is clear the Dev's have a bias against anything Japanese. It is clear as day who the Dev's prefer for nations they include in this game. Besides that, it is not what the Dev's want but what the game NEEDS. A better Kii BALANCES the game by keeping derpy cruiser on their toes and DD captains a td more unsure.

Kutuzov was ages ago, and she is squishy and only survives thanks to her smokescreens.

They do not, how do you explain Kamikaze then? The game does not need a better Kii, you want a better Kii.