Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Bring on the Revolution!

11 comments in this topic

[ARC]
[ARC]
Members
554 posts
7,679 battles

Probably because of the lack of something new on BBs at tier 5 for a (very) long time. Hoping to get my hands on Giulio Cesare and earning Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

So reading the previews looks like they took the most op ship in the game moved it up a tier and limited it's damage control. I declare its a must buy!

Communist Heavy Metal shall rain upon the fascist capitalist heads.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,241 posts
15,762 battles
1 hour ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I get the feeling this thing is going to the next Nikolai

This is not going to have the power and reputation of Imp.Nikolai I from Tier IV.  Firstly, the Imp.Nik has MM Tier IV protection, so she almost always fights top tier.  October Revolution is Tier V.  That tier is often sent to be Dog Food for Tier VII ships.

There is no such thing as a Great Tier V ship when they're staring down the guns of Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Colorado, Nagato, Nelson, nor the CVs of Tier VI-VII that the BBs in particular need to worry about.

Kaga's torpedo bombers of alpha striking doom will outright wreck any of the Tier V BBs.  Then there's Saipan, Hiryu, etc.

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
5,107 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This is not going to have the power and reputation of Imp.Nikolai I from Tier IV.  Firstly, the Imp.Nik has MM Tier IV protection, so she almost always fights top tier.  October Revolution is Tier V.  That tier is often sent to be Dog Food for Tier VII ships.

There is no such thing as a Great Tier V ship when they're staring down the guns of Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Colorado, Nagato, Nelson, nor the CVs of Tier VI-VII that the BBs in particular need to worry about.

Kaga's torpedo bombers of alpha striking doom will outright wreck any of the Tier V BBs.  Then there's Saipan, Hiryu, etc.

One of my favorite things to do is to run down peseants... I mean tier 5's in my Scharnhorst. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,241 posts
15,762 battles
2 hours ago, Nimitz_1701 said:

One of my favorite things to do is to run down peseants... I mean tier 5's in my Scharnhorst. 

Lords have to exercise their power and authority over peasants.  It is simply the way of things.

The most endearing part is the BBs of the tiers facing Scharnhorst.

- They can't run, Scharnhorst will run them down.

- They may accept fate and close range, but that's where Scharnhorst excels at.

- They can't hide.

There's literally nothing they can do.

The only Tier V's that you should worry about are those Fujins and Kamikazes.  Those can be a PITA.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
5,107 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The most endearing part is the BBs of the tiers facing Scharnhorst.

- They can't run, Scharnhorst will run them down.

Only Kongo has the ability to run, even then it is just delaying the inevitable.

Sign in to follow this