Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
11thACRColdsteel

clan wars coming *soon

17 comments in this topic

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

So I have managed to pull back to WOWS about half of my clan members who left over the last couple years because of lack of in game team play.   I'm hoping for the best in the upcoming clan/team battle play.....

That being said, I have to comment on a couple points:

1.  The lack of CVs in these clan battles, is the clearest indictment yet of how bad WG has screwed up with the CVs.  The server stats over the last two week show there is NO US CV in the tech tree over 50% WR.  Most are well below that level.  There is only one word for this:   Shameful.  It is clear now that WG is doing this intentionally.  They've had well over a year to sort this out, and have done nothing.  It is clear this is the desired status that WG wants....for whatever reason, they want US CVs to be terrible.....one can speculate all day about why exactly, but it's clear this is how they like it.

2.  The inviso rules still stink.  Last night I had a Missouri disappearing at 13,000 yrds and many ships now are still shooting will inviso...I thought this had been fixed...but apparently not.  The vast majority of players do not like the extreme levels inviso has gone to.....this should be addressed before Clan battles....

WG has a chance with the fielding clan battles to stop the migration of players out of this game....this is a great opportunity to recapture some of them.  I'm trying to with my clan.  This would also be a great opportunity to fix longstanding issues such as the two above.

Members
847 posts
5,207 battles
2 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Over 7k battles and you still don't know how spotting/concealment mechanics work?  :Smile_facepalm:

Also beta tester so what exactly were they testing eh ?

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles

you know it's not nice to be-little a persons intelligent..

Members
847 posts
5,207 battles
1 hour ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

you know it's not nice to be-little a persons intelligent..

actually I believe it's more about their perception skills and reading or non reading skills or a whole lot of one and some or none of the other... 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles

No.  The OP has a point.  If ship is spotted, it should stay spotted for 20 seconds, not 3.

I've watched this as a Baltimore fired at me from 11KM.  The shots came out, but no detection.  Saw puffs of black smoke, then 3 seconds later the Baltimore appears for 2 seconds -- enough for me to lock and fire.  Then it vanished again.  No islands, no smoke,

This is either a software glitch or some [edited] RNG favoritism for one player over the others.

Sad part is that I've benefited from this 'malfunction' in my better games.  I should have been spotted for the full 20 seconds, but the '!' disappeared after 5 seconds -- and I saw no reason for it to do that..

So I've been on both sides of this thing.  There is something stupid with the stealth firing gig.

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles
21 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Over 7k battles and you still don't know how spotting/concealment mechanics work?  :Smile_facepalm:

This guy is obviously is clueless on the problem.....once again, the trolls don't address the point being made in the post, they go personal on the OP.   Par for the course for these shills.

The point is this - the inviso rules are still way out of control.  Battleships don't disappear at 14,000 yrds.   And they shoot and then disappear again...it's frickin ridiculous.  You might as well have a Klingon cloak of invisibility flag, because that's how fantastical this rule is...

And if clan battles are dominated by ships blinking in and out of visibility, normal players will not be happy....

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detection

Some reading for you, maybe you will have a better understanding of the "inviso rules" so you can stop embarrassing yourself.

Open water stealth firing has been removed. The only why to fire and not be spotted is to A)be inside a smoke screen or B) be firing over an island and therefor not in the LOS of an enemy ship.

Seriously, learn basic game mechanics like concealment and gun/detection bloom.

• Cool 1

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detection

Some reading for you, maybe you will have a better understanding of the "inviso rules" so you can stop embarrassing yourself.

Open water stealth firing has been removed. The only why to fire and not be spotted is to A)be inside a smoke screen or B) be firing over an island and therefor not in the LOS of an enemy ship.

Seriously, learn basic game mechanics like concealment and gun/detection bloom.

Maybe you should stop making idiotic assumptions when you have no basis for it.

The problem is that BBs disappear into thin air at 13-14,000 yrds.  They shoot and light up, but only for a few seconds then disappear again.  It's ridiculous....

And btw, you've only played a grand total of 190 battles in Tier X, and your average damage is anemic.  Youre a low tier Troll.  My WR and performance is far better than yours.  I suggest you pay attention when someone else makes a point in the forums.  And if you respond you should respond with counter arguments or facts which bear on the thread.  Not by insulting the OP.  All you showed yourself to be is a low tier seal clubber who really doesn't know much about the game.....

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles

Awww... you had stoop to trying to stat shame, so pathetic. 

BBs can have a concealment below 13-14k and the gun bloom reset is 20 seconds. (MO can get down to around 12.7 I think).  If you are experiencing something that is not explained by this or other basic game mechanics then provide proof of your claims.

• Cool 1

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles
On 10/2/2017 at 2:34 PM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Awww... you had stoop to trying to stat shame, so pathetic. 

BBs can have a concealment below 13-14k and the gun bloom reset is 20 seconds. (MO can get down to around 12.7 I think).  If you are experiencing something that is not explained by this or other basic game mechanics then provide proof of your claims.

what's pathetic is shills like you who don't address the issue in the OP you just insult the person starting the threads.  And you got nailed because the OP you claimed didn't understand game mechanics ...eg me....it turns out outperforms you in every single category....OOPS.....You deserved to be stat shamed.

High tier BBs are routinely staying lit far less than 12 seconds.  If you are unaware of this, it may be because you don't play many tier Xs.  Next time, shoot your mouth off on something where you have some deeper experience.

My overall point is that if Clan battles turn into battles of a bunch of invisible Cruisers or cruisers who blink in and out of visibility while shooting, most normal players will not be happy.  I believe WG needs to reel in the inviso rules...they are out of control.  Competitor games do just fine without having a Klingon cloak of invisibility like WOWS does...

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles

Sup Coldsteel?  With the limitations for Clan Battles most likely if you see a BB it will be a stealth/flamethrowing Conq.  The upside is that ships that are burning are spotted at greater distances.  It will likely boil down to those that have best fire mitigation, and ability to delete DD's and CA's the fastest.  There will be so much hydro & radar going you would think that this was a cold war fight in the 70's.  I would like to see what kind of "rewards/incentives" WG actually is going to implement rather than think about this meta/mechanic ot that meta/mechanic.  If the rewards are not stated and active CB will fizzle in two weeks just like Team Battles.  My question regarding CAB is that your Clan has 30-50 players, does this mean that you only get 1 [insert tag here] team of 7 for the unit that swaps players in and out as needed per battle or up to 7 different teams of 7 players that just couldn't queue up against one another.  I am unclear on this as I was not affiliated while I played WoT, and not sure if the mechanics in WoWs is mirrored....anyone with any insight?

-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles

Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. We will make sure to address these with our team in the future.

Please keep all conversations friendly and avoid name-calling and stat shaming in the future.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles

Just an observation on how WG is conducting clan wars. I had to laugh that tier 10 rentals are going to be available to people who don't have them. Add to that they won't be able to mount camo and it seems ludicrous that not only will there be inexperienced players in those ships, but you put them at a disadvantage against the more experienced players who have tier 10's....... Not sure that was thought out well. It is that or Wargaming is pandering to the tier 10 players by just giving them targets to farm. I honestly think it is shameful.

[LOS]
Members
600 posts
8,911 battles

I thing WG is looking at continued player base growth and player progression with this new season of Clan Wars.  They have to.

How to grow this game using other franchise experiences.  

World of Warcraft added level after level and the ranked play became so bloated and such a convoluted dance that much of the fun that brought millions of players in to the game became too much like work.

World of Tanks used a simple model that I argue worked much better than WoW in terms of streamlined gameplay mechanics, but produced an uneven field of play with premiums and Clan events that made a real difference in individual match play, but were held by a lucky few and made of unobtanium (Type 59 i think?).

World of Warplanes. don't get me started.  Great idea with high aspirations (As a pilot and history nut, Air combat, Air Classics and all round aero-nut I was happy to be a closed and open Beta Tester).  This game is currently dying for lots of reasons.

So, here we are in WoWs.  I really like this game.  I think that WG is trying to modify gameplay without adding ponderous layers (WoW).  I think they are trying to nudge the Base along using the recent 2nd Anniversary event and clan wars which opens tiers 8-10 to alot of players (like me) who have been hiding in in the tier 5-6 range.  More great premiums are available to the entire audience then WoTs.  They need to do this to keep some semblance of linear growth as the early 'exponential' growth phase is long gone and never to return.

The next phase might be to make a furthur division that holds ships to the the same historical epoch in matches.  Sailing my Marblehead against a Molotov or Budyonny is no fun.  Pre 1900, Pre 1920, Pre 1930...I dunno, but this game must grow before it dies and we move on.

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
137 posts
7,233 battles

I just wish we had a more definitive idea of how things will be functioning in Clan Battles other than a very generic 7v7 / no CV / and actually is it max of 1 BB or mandatory 1 BB?  We are lead to believe that it will pair your group against another group based on a ranking system ala the defunct team battles.  What are the rewards?  Is there specific time slots for play?  Are clans limited to 1 team at a time or can more than 1 team queue up at the same time (just not slotted against each other)?  Will there be ship "locking" for loses?  Some of these things the DEV's and probably even some Mod's might have the answers to but dumping them on the community on the same day as the patch to make the CB's go live really does a disservice to us as a community.  Many in the community have been waiting for this since closed Beta, and after two years a lot of the hopeful people have left what appears to them as a dead end game with no end game content.  Sure with the announcement that CB is coming and Bases are active some are filtering back into the mix, but will it be enough?  And will WG's philosophy of treating it's player base like ?'s (keeping them in the dark and feeding them :etc_swear:) does not seem to bode well for the upcoming implementation of CB.  Yes I do acknowledge that the public test server is showing some things, and that as always, they are subject to change, but give us the run-down as it is.  If it needs to be changed we will probably be ok with it.  And finally if the way it will be done was completely public, then if there was something that had unforeseen consequences the community could point it out before it was live.

Sign in to follow this