You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Credits (Silver) What to do with it all?

26 comments in this topic

[LOS]
Members
601 posts
8,982 battles

OK, I've got 90 million credits.  What do I use it on.  Part of the reason I have so many credits is that I am advancing all lines of ships in all nations and I get a lot of credits.  Updating my mostly tier 6 fleet is cheap so it causes quite a bit of Credit accumulation.  The 2nd Anniversary event has helped me focus a bit so I can get 4 or 5 ships to tier 8 and use the camo, but still, do I need enough credits to buy 4,000 consumables?

It would be nice if there were a way to spend them on something inconsequential to game play... like, Flags of past issue or some special significance.

Does anyone else sit on a mountain of credits, or will higher tier play eventually eat this surplus up, or any ideas on a new way to spend them?

TIA

Edited by Sinton
spelling

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,186 posts
12,192 battles

That "Mountain" of credits will disappear super quick once you start buying/equipping/and maintaining high tier ships.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,513 posts
13,741 battles

My mountain will be very hard to reduce (633 mil). High tier mediocre play without flags or premium time will start eating that stash away. Also, ships at high tier cost alot. You might be able to buy and upgrade three T10 ships with your 90 mil.

[LHG]
Members
1,912 posts
5,425 battles

Well I sort of have the same "problem" and for a lot of the same reason.  But, if you're like me, when you begin to level up, normally most of the ships are ready to move to the next tier at about the same time and that can get really expensive with all the purchase costs and upgrade costs and higher tier ships are EXPENSIVE as are their upgrades.

There are also a few low level cammos that you can pick up for credits that might be worthwhile if you begin to run out.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,075 posts
14,903 battles

402 million pieces of silver. I use premium consumables, camos, and even play high tiers. Still don't know what to do with it all. 

[O_O]
Members
4,855 posts
10,663 battles

Tier 9/10 are expensive to buy/upgrade.  I thought I had a sizeable bank account until I got most lines to T9.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,890 posts

To buy and equip a tier 10 is roughly 31 mil.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,715 posts

Careful now... with all that loot stockpiled... they may determine an adjustment is required to the game economy. 

• Cool 1

[PT8TO]
Members
284 posts
11,788 battles
2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

To buy and equip a tier 10 is roughly 31 mil.

Thats why i cant get any single tier10s researched. forgot that i only researched 2 tier9 bbs.lol my bad.

my highest credits i've ever collected was only about 15 or 16 million.:Smile_facepalm:

wish i could get a soft loan for me to get my Izumo back:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Gizuke

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,838 posts
4,849 battles

The credits here is somewhat inflated...

Try getting into a lose streak in T8+ when your premium time are out and you are exhausted of economic flags and not using money paint...that'll drain your treasury real quick.

[LOS]
Members
601 posts
8,982 battles
39 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Throw it at people in the food court from that railing up above.

LOL!!!  I remember Spanky in a very old Little Rascals (Hal Roach, pre Our Gang) throwing money his miserly father had hidden out of a 2nd story window to poor kids below....OK  I guess I'll do that!

[WOLF5]
Members
1,795 posts
2,493 battles

Premium consumables I guess. If you're only at T6, save it. T7 is OK, T8 is expensive but usable. T9 is hard to make a profit. Also, upgrades and ships. 15mil for the Iowa, another 10mil for the upgrades, 500 doubloons for a captain retraining. The modules are a couple of million each. Premium repair and heal. Yeah, that 40mil I accumulated went fast. And I'm almost at the Baltimore...

Guess that's why I have the MO

But if you don't need the cash, save it, if you ever want to buy an entire tech tree, you'd be good to go.

[TBW]
Members
6,986 posts
12,911 battles

Buy some port slots and keep your previous ships. I have a deficit when it comes to credits. I keep all of my ships and have 176 of them right now. I have ships that are researched and just waiting on the credits to buy them. I could use up 90 million credits on any given day. Good Luck and hang on to your credits for as long as you can.

[PVE]
Members
12,577 posts
8,548 battles
28 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I put in a suggestion to use the silver for building clan structures.

So you would keep track of the silver everyone earns and then copy that for the clan? Your numbers would get huge for buying buildings tho. 

Also, by making oil and tying it to containers, then PvE and PvP players can both play with low numbers for building buildings, but the PvE players just have to play more games to get the XP for the containers.

Members
917 posts
9,411 battles
On 01/10/2017 at 1:37 PM, Sovereigndawg said:

Buy some port slots and keep your previous ships. I have a deficit when it comes to credits. I keep all of my ships and have 176 of them right now. I have ships that are researched and just waiting on the credits to buy them. I could use up 90 million credits on any given day. Good Luck and hang on to your credits for as long as you can.

What the He'll?  I have 50 ships and that's too many.

I've always spent all my money, don't really want any more silver ships and I play a lot of T10 w/o premium time but keep it balanced over 20M silver for buffer and it's still going up slowly.  

Keep that silver for when u want your next ships. 

[PVE]
Members
12,577 posts
8,548 battles
4 hours ago, WhiteRecon said:

What the He'll?  I have 50 ships and that's too many.

I've always spent all my money, don't really want any more silver ships and I play a lot of T10 w/o premium time but keep it balanced over 20M silver for buffer and it's still going up slowly.  

Keep that silver for when u want your next ships. 

I know what @Sovereigndawg means. I have 125 ships in port with Kutuzov and Lo Yang still to be outfitted with modules. Since I don't play much T8 or PvP, I've left them for last. I just finished off outfitting the ARP Myoko clones this week. I am close to getting Aoba (6k), Fuso (9k), Budyonny (18k) and Colorado (17k), so I'm starting to save up again. I'm at 5M silver now, but as you can see, that will buy one and a part of the ships I am close too. All my silver will be going to buying those tech tree ships, outfitting and upgrading those ships and then I'll finish off outfitting modules to the last two premium ships who need it.

[CVA16]
Members
2,809 posts
10,557 battles

And I thought I was unusual with 280 mil banked. I figured it would all disappear if I ever moved into T9-10 ships. Just haven't found the motivation yet as I think I may be reaching my Peter Principle max. Advancing just to provide easy kills to the unicums never seemed like a good idea.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,715 posts

T10 ships aren't as bad as they make it sound... I think a loss in a GK is what, around 200K? If that? You gotta be a spud sitting in a corner somewhere not to reduce that a bit... participation helps. 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,153 posts
5,538 battles
On 11/10/2017 at 4:31 PM, Sabot_100 said:

And I thought I was unusual with 280 mil banked. I figured it would all disappear if I ever moved into T9-10 ships. Just haven't found the motivation yet as I think I may be reaching my Peter Principle max. Advancing just to provide easy kills to the unicums never seemed like a good idea.

Your last sentence touches on something I've been thinking for a while. Seal clubbing isn't just higher tier players jumping into lower tier ships to club lower tier players; it's experienced players clubbing less experienced players at any level. 

The unicums will find you and kill you wherever you are. When they want a break from facing their own level of player, you're what they reach for to have a good time.

[CVA16]
Members
2,809 posts
10,557 battles
27 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The unicums will find you and kill you wherever you are. When they want a break from facing their own level of player, you're what they reach for to have a good time.

I have noticed (as a IJN DD main) that there are fewer and fewer ships sailing in straight lines:Smile_sad:  at any tier, which I have attributed to a more experienced player base overall (fewer true noobs). Then again the unicums HAVE to come down to my level to get the credits to  pay for the high tier battles or to run up a new line of ships. It only gets really bad when they all end up on the same team.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,153 posts
5,538 battles

The lack of true noobiness can be blamed on YouTube and some of those same unicums teaching the noobs how not to die quickly. Might be regarded as counterproductive, but clubbing of the truly defenceless seals gets boring after a while, I suppose.