Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NippyJbird_2014

Benson Help

3 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
2,332 battles

Hello fellow Captains !  I am just a few battles away from unlocking and buying the Benson(YAAAAYYY !), and am looking for some advice for my commander. My current skills are Priority Target, Last Stand, Superintendent, Basic Firing Training, and Concealment Expert. Am considering either Survivability Expert, Vigilance or Torpedo Armament Expertise for my next skill, and would like to know everyone's thoughts on which skill would be most useful for an American DD Captain. Also, if anyone has a modern Benson guide or tips on how to best to use this awesome DD it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Captains, and may all your battles be victorious !

• Cool 1

Supertester
425 posts
7,005 battles

I think you already got a good captain. Although personally I'd not recommend BFT, as the reload is already pretty good. Instead, I'd opt for Survivability Expert (as you'll be facing tier 10s often), Torpedo Armament Expertise (as the reload on the torpedoes is not very good, but also because this skill coupled with the tier 9 torpedo reload upgrade you can get for the Fletcher makes it one of the best all around DDs in the game, so it's good to be prepared), and Adrenaline Rush (as it will give you the benefits from both BFT and TAE once you're at half HP, which is likely to happen very early on if you're going to fight enemy DDs). Preventive Maintenance is also a good skill, but personally I also chose Priority Target because the information it gives is so very useful. Oh, and make sure you get the tier 8 Concealment upgrade, so you can reach a nice 5.8km detection range.

• Cool 1

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
134 posts
10,667 battles

You'll like the Benson, it's a good DD. When you get to Fletcher, the fun begins. My skippers for Fletcher and Gearing have the extra smoke radius perk. I like to be able to lay a large screen for my teammates. Now that you are higher level, you'll need to adjust your play style to aid your team with spotting and laying smoke cover. Try not to hid in your smoke if you are the only ship spotting as you'll become a torp magnet.

Enjoy the Benson and get that Fletcher.

Sign in to follow this