You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Window 10 gamer mode sucks

5 comments in this topic

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

Turn gamer mode off if you are having shuttering with windows 10. Stopped it cold frame rate even went up. Some one was pointing this out in game tried it and it worked.

Edited by GreyFox78659

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,074 battles

I think its the recorder in the app which causes this...while recording the game-play can show a mix of stuttering and other performance issues depending on hardware.  Game mode does nothing on my end positive or negative enabled or disabled, thought I read that it might benefit MS games but not others...I dunno. 

Nvidia's Gforce experience has a recorder in it as well (shadow play) which was causing similar issues for some in the past...might be worth looking into for anyone with an NV GPU and an old/slow setup. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,662 posts

Funny thing is you need to check it every once in a while...as the WIndows key plus the Alt key plus some alpha keys trigger certain game functions. Yes, it is weird the help link in Windows 10 takes you to the xbox.com support section. :cap_haloween:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-dvr-windows-10

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,924 posts
16,236 battles

Good idea.  Turned mine off, too.  I've had a lot of stuttering and maybe this'll get rid of it...

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles

Xbox One was pretty much the test platform for Windows 10 features.  If you have an Xbox One and look at the interface, you will recognize a similarity to some Windows 10 features.  The game and media functions of Windows 10 are "shared" with the Xbox One platform.

I actually have a key setup on my Razer Tartarus to take a screenshot and another to start/stop recording so that I can grab interesting portions of battles on the fly.

Edited by ExploratorOne