You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xantek

Clan Battles- This Guy Gets it...

28 comments in this topic

[CUTER]
Members
3,823 posts
16,842 battles
1 minute ago, Xantek said:

Elaborate.

It is like having an option: "easy mode" or "hard mode", which is reserved for single player games. You are welcome.

Members
117 posts
8,494 battles
Just now, m373x said:

It is like having an option: "easy mode" or "hard mode", which is reserved for single player games. You are welcome.

So you're saying that easy vs easy and hard vs hard is a bad idea? 

[CUTER]
Members
3,823 posts
16,842 battles
3 minutes ago, Xantek said:

yes

Members
117 posts
8,494 battles

WG wants everyone to participate in clan battles yet they know that  they would be throwing buckets and buckets  of raw fresh meat into the hungry hungry hippos play pen....i dont see that being any sort of fun for fresh, baby face replacements in their rent-a-ships going against clans like K or opg. Doesn't matter tho...its just clan battles and not clan wars. Clan wars will be a different story.

Edited by Xantek

Members
2,789 posts
5,528 battles
1 minute ago, Xantek said:

Yes, that is a very bad idea.

Any time a game, and I mean ANY GAME, puts in an option for part of the player base to shun another part of the play base due to how they like to play the game, you get toxic crap in the community. Whether it be class, age, approach to the game, you name it. So now you have this community who can now isolate people and now groups that they don't like.

"I hate CV players, I think they are the scum of the Earth! We are not running Clan Battles with them!"
"Well screw you, man! I play this game too, I have a right to be in it!"
"Pffff, sure you do, all you do is sit in the back and light up enemies, you are the eyes of the team, and bad eyes at that. You fly around like little fairies to get swatted by AA."
"Well, you know what? Kill yourself!"

And so the cancer begins! Look at all the exciting attitudes we thought were left behind in World of Tanks! Coming soon to a dry dock near you! Fun and Engaging elitism and player harassment by people whose parents never raised them right! Get your pre-order now! Supplies are running out!

And you want to INSTITUTIONALIZE THAT???? ARE YOU INSANE??? You want a company to give people the options in-game to proverbially give other players the bird? Hell no! That is asking for more trouble than one could want! You do not fix anything with your solution if anything you make things worse. I think it is time for you to put down the crazy and take a real look. Think of plausible solutions instead of something that will create issues.

This idea is terrible. Building a social wall is the last thing people want to do. 

• Cool 2

Members
117 posts
8,494 battles
4 minutes ago, vrabek22 said:

there are many reasons not to have different modes.

Not large enough player base is a start.

Except, they wouldnt be modes...more like rules set mutually. 

You want a carrier? the other team also chose a carrier so you'd fighting against them. limit dd's? bb? cl/ca? no dd? all bb? etc.

Members
117 posts
8,494 battles
3 minutes ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

Any time a game, and I mean ANY GAME, puts in an option for part of the player base to shun another part of the play base due to how they like to play the game, you get toxic crap in the community. Whether it be class, age, approach to the game, you name it. So now you have this community who can now isolate people and now groups that they don't like.

"I hate CV players, I think they are the scum of the Earth! We are not running Clan Battles with them!"
"Pffff, sure you do, all you do is sit in the back and light up enemies, you are the eyes of the team, and bad eyes at that. You fly around like little fairies to get swatted by AA."

And so the cancer begins! Look at all the exciting attitudes we thought were left behind in World of Tanks! Coming soon to a dry dock near you! Fun and Engaging elitism and player harassment by people whose parents never raised them right! Get your pre-order now! Supplies are running out!

And you want to INSTITUTIONALIZE THAT???? ARE YOU INSANE??? You want a company to give people the options in-game to proverbially give other players the bird? Hell no! That is asking for more trouble than one could want! You do not fix anything with your solution if anything you make things worse. I think it is time for you to put down the crazy and take a real look. Think of plausible solutions instead of something that will create issues.

This idea is terrible. Building a social wall is the last thing people want to do. 

Ok man. That took a dark turn...

Members
117 posts
8,494 battles

If clan battles gonna be random, i don't see how it would be any different than ranked or even random battles.

[-I-]
Members
1,722 posts
11,183 battles

It's an unpopular opinion, but tbh, I also think CVs in a 7v7 Tier 10 format is a bad idea, just like it was a bad idea in Team Battles. They're just too strong without 11 ships worth of AA to shoot down their planes, because that's how they are balanced. With only 6 surface ships, at you're forced to go full AA on 4-5 of them to even stand a chance against a Midway or Hak. But the issue in my mind is less the CVs themselves and more that 7v7 is just dumb.

I'd go minimum 9v9, but somewhere between 10 and 12 would be even better. If you can't field that many, then CW really isn't for you. Call it 10v10 or 11v11, no more than 3 BBs, and no more than 2 of any single ship, and bam. CW is "fixed". Or at least much better than this initial rollout is.

• Cool 1

Members
117 posts
8,494 battles
1 minute ago, dngrcnnn said:

It's an unpopular opinion, but tbh, I also think CVs in a 7v7 Tier 10 format is a bad idea, just like it was a bad idea in Team Battles. They're just too strong without 11 ships worth of AA to shoot down their planes, because that's how they are balanced. With only 6 surface ships, at you're forced to go full AA on 4-5 of them to even stand a chance against a Midway or Hak. But the issue in my mind is less the CVs themselves and more that 7v7 is just dumb.

I'd go minimum 9v9, but somewhere between 10 and 12 would be even better. If you can't field that many, then CW really isn't for you. Call it 10v10 or 11v11, no more than 3 BBs, and no more than 2 of any single ship, and bam. CW is "fixed". Or at least much better than this initial rollout is.

Totally agree. Maybe this all just testing ground for the real thing later on...but WG is not being clear with the idea of choice given to battle callers to lay out their fleet.

This is early access stage... 

Members
117 posts
8,494 battles

In WoT clan wars, everything is free for all meaning you can take any tank at any tier as many as you want (up to 15) and if a clan doesnt have any t10's and go against all t10 team then thats too bad...you  dont land in powerful territory if you're starting off....but in time you get better, you amass more t10's your clan gets better then you take more land. Clan wars was fun...

Alpha Tester
1,316 posts
9,869 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

*cough* Wot battle filter *cough cough*

[POP]
Members
13 posts
2,577 battles

I may be in the minority but I think WG did a good job.  Balancing all of the issues I'm sure was complicated.  Also, they do have a ton of data to help them figure out the issues.  I'm also certain they will make revisions as people begin to play.  I look forward to playing and seeing how it is, well as soon as I get my tier VIII. 

Go ahead try and throw a pig with wings from a window.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,203 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

I have two dozen Upvote gifs in my folder, and they are NOT ENOUGH to use for the above statement...
YOU SIR, are  one   lol

ZpSkc7W.gif

Edited by pmgaudio

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles
2 hours ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

This idea is terrible.

don't hold back; tell us how you really feel.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
5 hours ago, Xantek said:

1wu5x1 (1).jpg

It's pretty clear they refuse to do anything that divides the players in queues (you know, except for excluding entire ship classes).

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,670 posts

Don't know of anyone thrown out a window but did know someone who threw an office chair with the caster wheels through a glass window, down to the pavement three stories below. Amazingly enough, he got fired. Then hired by another company in only two weeks. Asked why he was fired from previous job, he explained, "We had such a difference of opinion on a subject I felt very strong about, it felt as if we were working three stories apart. They fired me as I submitted my resignation." 

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,793 battles
4 hours ago, Xantek said:

Except, they wouldnt be modes...more like rules set mutually. 

You want a carrier? the other team also chose a carrier so you'd fighting against them. limit dd's? bb? cl/ca? no dd? all bb? etc.

This has the same effect as game modes... 

[LANCE]
Members
452 posts
4,042 battles

l'm not currently in a clan so I'll have to talk by example from experience from WoT.

Like WoT, I can imagine that most clans will follow suit from what happened there ... unicum players will join unicum clans. This already buts up a skill wall. However, this is not a bad thing as I found that playing as a team against unicum teams helped your clan grow in knowledge as it helped by seeing the tactics used against you and allowed you to rethink your tactics. You saw the tank composition put up against you as example x amount of heavies, x amount of mediums, x amount of lights etc, etc. This is being limited in this iteration of CW. You also saw where your clan lacked certain types of tanks that were more suited for CW and gave the clan and members a goal to grind for these specific tanks. Ships will have a very limited build due to a complete class being excluded and another class limited to 1.

In this iteration you also limited to ship composition meaning "fog of war" will be pretty useless. This was great in WoT CW as until the enemy team was spotted you had no idea of their tank setup so had to adjust your tactics on the fly. This was somewhat a measure of the skill of the clan so helped justify the clans standing ... they where the best because they could overcome any situation.

The rent-a-ship is less of a problem as anyone that has reached tier 8 has already played a metric ton of tier 10 games! However, many will never have played the ships available. If the ship lines are anything like WoT, as you grind though lines you'd have to change your "crew" skill set as sometimes lines would change the way a tank was built ... tier 8 American auto-loader was a medium with speed, little armor etc whereas the tier 10 was a heavy which was slower, more armored etc, etc. This could pose a problem for those that have no experience in said rent-a-ship putting your team at a disadvantage.

With alll the above said, I'm not sure why they didn't make it at tier 8. After all, that seems to be the limit set on tier experience to even be able to play. Balance of ships? Again, this comes down to what your clan has available and the tactics you'd employed. If a certain tier 8 ship is OP, then you know it's likely the other team will have some. If a team takes 7 BBs (if this was allowed) the other team with 5 BBs and 2 DDs has an advantage with stealth, view range, fast cap capabilities, better torpedo capabilities making you have to think about your build a little more for the next battle.

Perhaps a chance to see how this season of CW plays out should be given that way hopefully WG gets constructive feedback of how much this sucks OR suggested tweaks to the system? Seeing  many great suggestions of how it would work perhaps with stats to show this WG may be willing to change the format. 

Just my babbling thoughts and suggestions! I wish all the competing clans good luck and fair seas!