Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

wth border!

9 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,328 battles

waht is this lame mechanic where you are 90 degree rammed into the border, and you can neither back up or turn left or right?!

wth!

Edited by _Dracarys

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles

Engine power reduced, but you should be able to slowly turn.  You will eventually get pointed out if you don't get shot up first.

Unless you are saying you got stuck bow in and your ship wouldn't turn or slide along the border?

Never had that happen to me.  Very strange...

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,202 posts
13,784 battles

You can get stuck on the border for a long time if you hit it just right.  A 90 degree hit can mess you up.   If you hit with little or no left/right momentum (aka a perfect, or near perfect, 90 degree hit), then things can be bad.  The only way to create left/right momentum is to turn.  And the only way to turn is for the rudder to have motion over the rudder.  If you're stuck at 90 degrees, you gotta back up.  The problem here is the engine reduction is applied to reverse.  As reverse is slow in general...it will be painfully slow.

Even a small angle of impact will be OK..as your momentum will cause you to slide along the border, which will allow the rudder to work.  And full speed, at an angle, will continue the slide and continue to allow the rudder to work.  It's still slow, but you won't be stuck.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,897 battles
58 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Why are you anywhere near the border in the first place?

Some maps, such as straight always devolve into near-border fights.

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles
4 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

You can get stuck on the boarder for a long time if you hit it just right.  A 90 degree hit can mess you up.   If you hit with little or no left/right momentum (aka a perfect, or near perfect, 90 degree hit), then things can be bad.  The only way to create left/right momentum is to turn.  And the only way to turn is for the rudder to have motion over the rudder.  If you're stuck at 90 degrees, you gotta back up.  The problem here is the engine reduction is applied to reverse.  As reverse is slow in general...it will be painfully slow.

Even a small angle of impact will be OK..as your momentum will cause you to slide along the border, which will allow the ruder to work.  And full speed, at an angle, will continue the slide and continue to allow the rudder to work.  It's still slow, but you won't be stuck.

Good info, thanks.  I have never hit the border at that perfect 90 and never experienced this.  Right now, I notice I sometimes encounter the border on Killer Whale when going after the northern forts.  Even though those forts are pretty inaccurate, I like to dodge their shots and stay just out of range.  Noticed it especially in the Duca, which covers ground pretty fast.

Members
3,970 posts
6,687 battles
4 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Sometimes teammates and the enemy force you to the edge.  Especially if you are in a squishy ship and REALLY don't want to slow or stop for any amount of time.  If you do slow/stop to clear traffic and god forbid broadside - you will be deleted.

Members
20,704 posts
5,599 battles
4 hours ago, NeutralState said:

The enemy team lemminged the map edge?

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,494 battles

I've gotten stuck in the border a couple of times when I was dodging torpedoes while hunting DDs in my Atago. Once, I stayed stuck for nearly five minutes but eventually was able to get free by trying several different combinations of rudder shifts, forward and reverses and different engine speeds.

Sign in to follow this