Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cry_me_a_river_kids

What parameter does the dispersion modules affect?

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
3,589 battles

I know that there are basically three big things that affect the overall dispersion pattern: vertical dispersion, horizontal dispersion, and sigma. My question is, what do the dispersion modules do specifically? I’m asking because I am very close to tier 9 in the US B.B. line where I have to choose between reload and dispersion upgrades. If the dispersion module only affects the horizontal dispersion then I think the reload mod is the clear winner, but there lies the uncertainty. Can anyone offer any sort of insight? 

Edited by cry_me_a_river_kids
  • Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles

Don't think sigma is affected.  Most likely affects both horizontal and vertical dispersion although I suspect it only affects horizontal dispersion.  Basically making the oval smaller.

"This ellipse has a certain length and width values, which are dependent on the characteristics of the gun. The dispersion value displayed in port is the horizontal length of the dispersion ellipse at the maximum fire range, i.e. a value that describes the lateral distribution of the shells relative to the player's ship."

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_%26_Armor_Penetration#Shell_Dispersion

Edited by ExploratorOne

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,659 posts
8,142 battles

The dispersion modules (Aiming Systems Modification 1, Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2) affect the horizontal dispersion value.  It's likely that vertical dispersion also tightens up but it's unconfirmed.  Sigma is unaffected.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,822 posts
6,882 battles

Trust me, the dispersion module is the best choice unless you want raw dps. The guns just feel insane with that module.

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles

The dispersion modules are always the clear winner on 9 and 10.

It takes the ships from some of the least accurate, and turns them into some of the most accurate.

Makes deleting cruisers and punishing broad side targets at medium range feel like fun, instead of a chore.

Sign in to follow this