Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kongochan

Yamato Captain Specs

4 comments in this topic

[-POI-]
Members
4 posts
3,790 battles

I just got my yamato, and is wondering whether i should re-spec the yamato or not. I currently have a stealth build due to just finishing the grind from izumo, but then I don't want to waste the potential of Yamato's secondaries. I'm a fairly aggressive BB captain that tends to push, should I use the doubloons to re-spec her? Is it worth it or is it not a big change?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,247 posts
15,762 battles
On 9/30/2017 at 11:00 PM, kongochan said:

I just got my yamato, and is wondering whether i should re-spec the yamato or not. I currently have a stealth build due to just finishing the grind from izumo, but then I don't want to waste the potential of Yamato's secondaries. I'm a fairly aggressive BB captain that tends to push, should I use the doubloons to re-spec her? Is it worth it or is it not a big change?

Yamato was my 2nd Tier X ship.  I had done lots of different builds, including a secondaries one, but have settled on a blend of concealment + survival.  I went over some of the points on Yamato in this post here.  Be VERY CAREFUL about brawling in a Yamato and be VERY MINDFUL about that picture in the link.  That is a vulnerability of Yamato's protection.  It's easy to mitigate that danger but also easy to unwittingly show that vulnerability.  Fighting another BB at close range simply means that they won't miss.

Also, Yamato has legendary-bad turret traverse at Tier X.  The closer range you fight, the more of a liability it becomes with changing circumstances.  By all means, if you got great flank security, a DD screen, then play aggressively and Yamato is dominating.  But without advantages, the vulnerabilities of Yamato become glaring.

Sign in to follow this