Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kousatsu

WG change the point gain to 2 points/3 seconds

71 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,366
[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,428 posts
7,754 battles

This is getting ridiculous, I press Battle to play a match to it's completion, I don't play a match for it to end 10 minutes in where I JUST start getting damage.

 

The points gain/loss NEEDS to be tweaked, matches end WAY too early, which frankly, is not fun.

 

Also, fix MM so I can play T5 & 6 again? +1/-1 would be fantastic, I'd rather wait two minutes in queue than waste 20 minutes in a match with Bismarck's and North Carolina's sniping my crappy Duca...

Edited by Zakuul
  • Cool 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,932
[TBW]
Members
6,957 posts
12,885 battles

I'll always give a plus 1 to anyone who has the sense to want 2 tier only battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,366
[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,428 posts
7,754 battles
25 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I'll always give a plus 1 to anyone who has the sense to want 2 tier only battles.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,037
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,456 posts
9,384 battles
29 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I'll always give a plus 1 to anyone who has the sense to want 2 tier only battles.

 

Me too!

 

EDIT: He's talking about +/-1 MM

 

EDIT2: Would also agree about reducing point gain rates.

Edited by pikohan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
247
[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
660 posts
5,166 battles

+/-2 MM was never the problem. It's getting +2 too often that is the problem.

 

And I do agree that games ending too early sucks.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,366
[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,428 posts
7,754 battles
Just now, mrmariokartguy said:

+/-2 MM was never the problem. It's getting +2 too often that is the problem.

 

And I do agree that games ending too early sucks.

Agree there.

 

Also these DD heavy games affect MM and the meta negatively.

 

5v5 DD matches for example, no BBs are going to push up at all therefore, eliminate that problem by putting a 3v3 DD cap on so every single match wont be a "run away game". Or at least most..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[DAKI]
Members
654 posts
7,443 battles
51 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

Agree there.

 

Also these DD heavy games affect MM and the meta negatively.

 

5v5 DD matches for example, no BBs are going to push up at all therefore, eliminate that problem by putting a 3v3 DD cap on so every single match wont be a "run away game". Or at least most..

would there be a cap on dd type too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,366
[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,428 posts
7,754 battles
Just now, awildpervert said:

would there be a cap on dd type too?

I see no point.

 

All I want is better MM and less points gained/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[DAKI]
Members
654 posts
7,443 battles
5 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

I see no point.

 

All I want is better MM and less points gained/s

oh I see. So you'd be against type matchmaking along with it as well, like one side not having more radar ships or one side ending up with worse capping dds etc.? Just wondering, since some talk about that along with a +1-1 system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
928 posts
2,399 battles

I kinda hate how a match will end abruptly if one team loses too many too soon. It is rare but a team could come back from that i've seen it happen in WoT enough times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,480
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,327 posts
15,768 battles
1 hour ago, Zakuul said:

5v5 DD matches for example, no BBs are going to push up at all therefore, eliminate that problem by putting a 3v3 DD cap on so every single match wont be a "run away game". Or at least most..

5 BB vs 5 BB; great game.

5 DD vs 5 DD; scares every battleship player in the game into going onto the forum to post a "please nerf it" post.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,366
[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,428 posts
7,754 battles
52 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

oh I see. So you'd be against type matchmaking along with it as well, like one side not having more radar ships or one side ending up with worse capping dds etc.? Just wondering, since some talk about that along with a +1-1 system.

That'd be nice for it to be more fair on one side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,366
[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,428 posts
7,754 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

5 BB vs 5 BB; great game.

5 DD vs 5 DD; scares every battleship player in the game into going onto the forum to post a "please nerf it" post.

 

I'm a Cruiser main first, DD second and BB third.

 

bec8b8614f.png

 

You seem to have this misconception like a lot of people that only people that play BBs complain.

 

No, I am simply a player irritated with these DD-heavy games. Because overall, they're not fun. Except that ONE match where you somehow kill all 5 within a minute - but that only happens once every 10,000 battles...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,225
[SYN]
Members
14,847 posts
11,306 battles

If only there were more cruisers to keep DDs in check...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
361
[-I-]
Members
1,722 posts
11,173 battles

I'm pretty sure 2 points per second is more points than are currently given for caps...are you trying to speed games up? Or did you mean 2 points per tick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,480
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,327 posts
15,768 battles
11 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

I am simply a player irritated with these DD-heavy games.

Without counting times when new lines or premium ships are released, like Tirpitz weekend, I honestly think I see as many or more BB's in game than I do DD's. @MrDeaf is correct when he says that more cruisers would thin out the DD population, so why don't we see more cruisers? Because they cannot compete in the current battleship heavy meta. I wonder how the player base as a whole, and the percentage of players who complain about too many destroyers in particular, would feel about historically correct battles with a single CV, a single BB, a pair of cruisers, and 8 DD's.

11 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

You seem to have this misconception like a lot of people that only people that play BBs complain.

No, I certainly do not believe that; I believe that everyone complains, but that WoW only listens to BB players, because they are the easiest ships to play, there are more of them, and they cost the most.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
9,139 battles

WG actually believes the opposite. They think games are too long and being drawn out due to island and smoke camping.

Edited by Dodgy_Cookies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[HYDRA]
Members
500 posts
2,536 battles

Take it from someone who plays a game with +2/-2 MM when I say it drains the fun from it (WoTB).  Also, complaining about bottom tier?  Git gud, and learn to HE.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,246
[SALVO]
Members
18,281 posts
18,863 battles
2 hours ago, Zakuul said:

I see no point.

 

All I want is better MM and less points gained/s

A unicum and still you don't realize that MM can only work with what's in the queue at any given moment.  Sad.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,246
[SALVO]
Members
18,281 posts
18,863 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Without counting times when new lines or premium ships are released, like Tirpitz weekend, I honestly think I see as many or more BB's in game than I do DD's. @MrDeaf is correct when he says that more cruisers would thin out the DD population, so why don't we see more cruisers? Because they cannot compete in the current battleship heavy meta. I wonder how the player base as a whole, and the percentage of players who complain about too many destroyers in particular, would feel about historically correct battles with a single CV, a single BB, a pair of cruisers, and 8 DD's.

No, I certainly do not believe that; I believe that everyone complains, but that WoW only listens to BB players, because they are the easiest ships to play, there are more of them, and they cost the most.

Seriously, could any statement be any more obvious?

When the teams are at a fixed size (12), any increase in one type would be default mean a decrease in at least one of the other types!!!  And since at higher tiers, the options for the number of carriers is binary, i.e. 0 or 1, that just leaves battleships and destroyers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,366
[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,428 posts
7,754 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

A unicum and still you don't realize that MM can only work with what's in the queue at any given moment.  Sad.

>Implying WG couldn't code MM to wait 10 more seconds for a better matchup. Also, I play during the day where there's 12k+ people online. For someone with 12,000+ battles and you don't realize this. Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,246
[SALVO]
Members
18,281 posts
18,863 battles
Just now, Zakuul said:

>Implying WG couldn't code MM to wait 10 more seconds for a better matchup. Also, I play during the day where there's 12k+ people online. For someone with 12,000+ battles and you don't realize this. Sad.

I'm supposed to know when you play?  Get real.

And I'm not implying anything about MM and waiting.  I'm only saying that MM works with what it has, not what it might have.

 

And there's nothing wrong with +/-2 tier MM other than a bunch of self-entitled whiners.  I get a bunch of bottom tier battles in a row?  I don't whine about it.  I get detonated ... in a Montana, no less?  I don't whine about it.  For crying out loud, grow up and put your man pants on and stop whining.  :cap_rambo:

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,246
[SALVO]
Members
18,281 posts
18,863 battles
17 minutes ago, Dodgy_Cookies said:

WG actually believes the opposite. They think games are too long and being drawn out due to island and smoke camping.

I'm finding that a little hard to believe.  If they TRULY believed that smoke camping was helping make games too long, why in all the seven seas did they create an entire cruiser line whose defining feature was friggin' smoke camping??????

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,366
[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,428 posts
7,754 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm supposed to know when you play?  Get real.

And I'm not implying anything about MM and waiting.  I'm only saying that MM works with what it has, not what it might have.

 

And there's nothing wrong with +/-2 tier MM other than a bunch of self-entitled whiners.  I get a bunch of bottom tier battles in a row?  I don't whine about it.  I get detonated ... in a Montana, no less?  I don't whine about it.  For crying out loud, grow up and put your man pants on and stop whining.  :cap_rambo:

 

Majority of players play when it's day time, logic.

 

+2/-2 is fine, I'll just play in my Duca and get smacked around 8/10 times by Bismarck's and NC's. Sounds like fun! :)

 

To you I may be whining but, I'm speaking the thoughts of a lot of people. They are obviously agreeing with me. I have 10 upvotes already :)

Edited by Zakuul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,197
[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,989 battles

In my honest opinion, the only +2/-2 should be at tier 8-10. Tier 8's can compete at tier 10's far better than tier 6's vs 8's and or tier 7's vs 9's. Most of that is due to the fact tier 8's get access to Concealment Module which helps level the playing field for a lot of ships.

The other tiers really should be a +1/-1 only, and lately since we are getting more population, like tonight I saw it peak at 13k, it might be possible. At the very least it would be nice of them to try it and see how the player base responds to it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×