You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hardtodie

Team Damage of the Absurd Nature

11 comments in this topic

[PT-SD]
Members
104 posts
10,337 battles

Please help me. Played a game the other day and after my ship was sunk a teammate  ran into my 

ship and I got accessed team damage. I watched video of the game and it clearly shows me sinking 

when he hit me. This is total bull. I know there a mechanism that determines the damage accessed however 

it is not working when it take points from a sunk ship. IS THERE A PLACE TO SEND MY VIDEO SO THEY CAN 

SEE THIS???????

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,117 battles

Support ticket (at the very top of this page).  Since you have a replay, you can attach that.  By the way, it is such a small amount of damage that that part is almost irrelevant.  Getting the bug fixed, though, is relatively important.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[PT-SD]
Members
104 posts
10,337 battles

I agree the amount is small however the fact of matter is these points should not deducted in the 1st place..

I agree with you It must be fixed. Thank you for your input  it is very much appreciated.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,303 battles

I dont ever remember getting TEAM DAMAGE by running into a DEAD ship, team mates or otherwise... a deleted ship causes ZERO damage when struck....

unless they did something to the game this morning, after I hit a dead team mates ship and was merely stopped by it...there was no TEAM DAMAGE to either of us... he was DED

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,831 posts

I've teamkilled MINUTES after I was sunk.

When I realized my CV was trapped, I quickly assigned my active planes to auto-attack sighted enemy Battleships.  Also set fighters to defend friendlies.

Problems happen when after I was sunk, a friendly ship closes in to brawl with the enemy I targeted with torpedoes.

There is nothing I can do.  I just watch until I'm pink in the face.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,328 posts
15,768 battles
2 hours ago, hardtodie said:

Played a game the other day and after my ship was sunk a teammate  ran into my 

ship and I got accessed team damage.

I have never seen that before; you must have been really mad (I would have been!)

1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

I've teamkilled MINUTES after I was sunk.

When I realized my CV was trapped, I quickly assigned my active planes to auto-attack sighted enemy Battleships.  Also set fighters to defend friendlies.

Problems happen when after I was sunk, a friendly ship closes in to brawl with the enemy I targeted with torpedoes.

There is nothing I can do.  I just watch until I'm pink in the face.

That is beyond messed up.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,900 posts
1,545 battles
2 hours ago, pmgaudio said:

I dont ever remember getting TEAM DAMAGE by running into a DEAD ship, team mates or otherwise... a deleted ship causes ZERO damage when struck....

unless they did something to the game this morning, after I hit a dead team mates ship and was merely stopped by it...there was no TEAM DAMAGE to either of us... he was DED

Actually, there might be something different.  Earlier today I was in a tier 6 cruiser, turning at full rudder, when a teammate in another cruiser turned in front of me.  I managed to get my rudder straight but had no chance to avoid him, so I just waited to ram him and then figured I'd get moving again once he cleared my bow.  Well, he tightened his turn as I hit him, swinging his stern out a bit as it hit my bow.  The impact pushed my ship backwards almost a full ship length, even though I had engines set full ahead.  Never seen anything close to that happen before...

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,303 battles
6 hours ago, kerensky914 said:

Actually, there might be something different.  Earlier today I was in a tier 6 cruiser, turning at full rudder, when a teammate in another cruiser turned in front of me.  I managed to get my rudder straight but had no chance to avoid him, so I just waited to ram him and then figured I'd get moving again once he cleared my bow.  Well, he tightened his turn as I hit him, swinging his stern out a bit as it hit my bow.  The impact pushed my ship backwards almost a full ship length, even though I had engines set full ahead.  Never seen anything close to that happen before...

that happens.. seen it, and done it.. what I am talking about is a destroyed ship, as the OP seems to talk about. The interpretation from the post is that he ran into a dead team mates ship and was charged with damaging that ship... and THAT does not happen

[PT-SD]
Members
104 posts
10,337 battles

Well  pmgaudia  unless you know what your talking about please keep your mouth shut !

The video is quite clear. I don't  appreciate being a liar either. The fact of the matter is 

the team damage mechanism sucks and is not fair. IT NEEDS TO BE REWORKED SO

IT IS FAIR TO ALL.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,900 posts
1,545 battles
7 hours ago, hardtodie said:

Well  pmgaudia  unless you know what your talking about please keep your mouth shut !

The video is quite clear. I don't  appreciate being a liar either. The fact of the matter is 

the team damage mechanism sucks and is not fair. IT NEEDS TO BE REWORKED SO

IT IS FAIR TO ALL.

Cool your jets, man.  He didn't call you a liar.  He said that doesn't happen, implying that if your observation is correct then something has broken and needs to be fixed.

Also, the only time this would be a truly big deal is if you were already pink from team damage and this extended your 'penalty'.  And even then not a big enough deal to get this worked up over.  

[PT-SD]
Members
104 posts
10,337 battles

Very sorry for the misinterpretation of what you were meaning Pmguadio