You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YeOldeTraveller

What are your plans for October 2017?

25 comments in this topic

[TDG]
Members
1,526 posts
6,979 battles

I found this an interesting thread for September, so (not seeing one already) I decided to start one for October.

We now have the October Missions and Specials, so what to you plan to focus on in the month of October.

• Grind out my first 19-point captain (currently 16-point). 
  • Grind out my first Tier 10 ship (currently on Tier 8).
  • Earn more credits to allow upgrading the ships I have and to buy the next ships in these lines.
  • Cool 1

[BUNNY]
Beta Testers
975 posts
4,232 battles

My goal for October is the same as it is for the next six months given the current direction of the game

Refrain from giving Wargaming any money. 

• Cool 4

[ADAPT]
Members
929 posts
14,399 battles

Try to finish french line and german dd line. Trying to play slowly and enjoy the king george before i buy the monarch.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,574 posts
20,099 battles

Get some Revolution going and finish the last non cv techtree.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,703 posts
4,256 battles

Grind out Baltimore,and maybe get DM. Get my first 19-point captain hopefully. Get my Amagi grind finished to the Izumo. Get Giulio Cesare.

Edit: forgot to add, getting October Revolution.

[TBW]
Members
6,960 posts
12,885 battles

To get the heck past the Queen Elizabitch (it can't hit a thing) and buy my 176th ship. There is also the grind for the October Revolution (177). Buy the Ibuki when I make the credits (178).

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SIM]
Members
3,011 posts
4,795 battles

My goal depends on how the Deep Water Torpedo roll-out goes. If they're monstrously OP then I'll be uninstalling until at least Christmas while hoping that WG sorts them out. If they aren't as bad as they look on paper, then my plans are to pick up October Revolution, Giulio Cesare, and Huang He, and work on the OR crate campaign.

• Cool 1

Members
26 posts
3,463 battles
16 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Grind out Baltimore,and maybe get DM. Get my first 19-point captain hopefully. Get my Amagi grind finished to the Izumo. Get Giulio Cesare.

Edit: forgot to add, getting October Revolution.

Good luck with Izumo, was a pain until getting the B hull.

Do the events to get the October Revolution, try to get it done as quickly as possible once the third set of missions come out. To try and maximize the crimson crates for rewards.

Do some Halloween events.

Continue saving up free xp for Nelson (About halfway there), and saving up Doubloons for Saipan maybe (2/9ths the way there).

Finish the Yamamoto campaign set 3 and 4. Either open the super containers right away, or wait and open all four at one time.

Might work to get the German Tier 9, but pretty fine with the ships I have now.

[HELLS]
Members
1,858 posts
18,024 battles

Gearing. Montana, and Lion this month. I wanted to grind Fletcher and Des Moines in September and got both, Plus I managed to grind the RN BBs all the way to Monarch. I already have Minotaur, so if I get the first two I will have a selection of 4 Tier X's for Clan Battles. In the interim I shall grind a bundle of credits with my premiums to pay for Tier X play. Expensive even with a premium account. which is why I don't play much high tier stuff!

[PROJX]
Members
1,005 posts
17,171 battles

If all goes as expected...

• Complete Grinds for: Minotaur (80%), Z-52 (65%) & Lion/Conqueror (40%)
  • Upgrade 7 DDs to 10 pt stealth Capts - making all ships in port decently playable w/ at least 10 pt Capts, except for a few low-tier ships w/ 6 pt Capts.
  • Get Yamamoto Captain for Yamato & do collection
  • October Revolution+Cammo Mission
  • Collect Oil for my Clan (PROJX)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
4,883 posts
11,804 battles
1 hour ago, RevolutionBlues said:

My goal for October is the same as it is for the next six months given the current direction of the game

Refrain from giving Wargaming any money. 

^^^

Has to be said though, obviously there are many very talented people working on this game.  Especially in the sound and visuals, particularly in the ship modelling.  A shame so much of their work goes misspent on so many questionable strategic decisions, given the direction this game has been going over the past few patches.

I've said it before:  the ships in this game deserve to be in a much better product than the one they're populating now.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 3

[BUNNY]
Beta Testers
975 posts
4,232 battles
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

^^^

Has to be said though, obviously there are many very talented people working on this game.  Especially in the sound and visuals, particularly in the ship modelling.  A shame so much of their work goes misspent on so many questionable strategic decisions, given the direction this game has been going over the past few patches.

I've said it before:  the ships in this game deserve to be in a much better product than the one they're populating now.

I completely agree with everything you have said here. 

[NGA]
Members
1,496 posts
8,678 battles

I can't say I have many plans. Pretty mu every line I have is either completely ground out or I'm waiting for a discount event. Mildly annoyed we haven't had a Tier VII BB discount since that way I could pick up the KGV already (I just skipped Iron Duke since it sucked and QE because I have Warspite). The only line I'm actively grinding is the German DDs with Leberecht Maass. I'm also waiting for an upgrade discount so I can fully outfit my Dimitri Donskoi. Come to think of it, I need to update my signature to match the new ships I have. Well all that is going to need credits out the wazoo so it's time to hop in my Tirpitz for a while.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I aim to get me a trophy Buck! (It's Mulie season) :cap_rambo:

Oh wait, you mean in WoWs? Grind up my second German captain to 19 points (he presently has 16 )

[SYN]
Members
3,260 posts
15,166 battles

Last month was preparation for the pan-Asian DD release and I now have multiple 10 point captains, credits & FXP ready.

This month

• I'm dabbling with CV's in co-op, want to get to tier 6 to practice manual drops and strafing.
  • Earn some oil to help set up my clan
  • I posed a question in another thread about what the best T4 DD is and I want to finish 100 games in the V-170 (already have 100 in both the Isokaze & Clemson) so I can give a fair report.

Apart from that there isn't anything I want to do.

[TDG]
Members
1,526 posts
6,979 battles
11 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

So guys, did you achieve your desired goals for the month? :)

Didn't complete any of the goals, but good progress was made on them.

I have a few new destroyers to work up and the lead captain is approaching 18 points.  I expect I will have a 19-point captain early in December.

I also have a few new battleships that I am still learning how to drive.

I expect November will be a month of consolidation.

[PROJX]
Members
1,005 posts
17,171 battles
On 9/30/2017 at 7:19 PM, hangglide42 said:

If all goes as expected...

• Complete Grinds for: Minotaur (80%), Z-52 (65%) & Lion/Conqueror (40%)
  • Upgrade 7 DDs to 10 pt stealth Capts - making all ships in port decently playable w/ at least 10 pt Capts, except for a few low-tier ships w/ 6 pt Capts.
  • Get Yamamoto Captain for Yamato & do collection
  • October Revolution+Cammo Mission
  • Collect Oil for my Clan (PROJX)

1 hour ago, WolfofWarship said:

So guys, did you achieve your desired goals for the month? :)

Of the goals - completed all except the 7 DD Capt upgrade (only completed 3 of the upgrades). 

This goal was swapped w/ "start learning how to play CVs" - so getting familiar w/ Langley & Hosho in Co-op to begin....(* yikes *)