Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Battleships might just slightly be OP

20 comments in this topic

[NAV]
[NAV]
Members
410 posts
8,010 battles

I was always a BB player, but played only French cruisers for like 2 weeks when they came out to get to high tier.  The number one thing that struck me was...it was easier and more fun to play CLs (at least for me).  I think it comes down to the individual player, because some will take better to the BB playstyle and some will take better to CAs or DDs or whatever.

Edited by LegoGenius16

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

Cruiser are my favorite class but I have been playing everything but decided to grind out my BB lines. This was a side effect of that grinding.

[PEACH]
Beta Testers
396 posts
9,521 battles

Yea, because now you're in a class that doesn't really matter to the team as much and they can win the game...     *sips a class of wine* 

• Cool 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,794 posts
6,163 battles

Darn, how am I going to mash potatoes if said potatoes play battleships instead of CVs?  Wait!  Wargaming listened to my dilemma, and provided an answer a mere few weeks ago!

heaven-07.thumb.jpg.e8a8c10e8d45260c7d6191fa1bd2da4a.jpg

Members
842 posts

Well, since this game really has been "World of Battleships [and some other things we let them shoot at]", it's no surprise that BBs are overpowered.

WG caters to the BB players. it's that simple. Everything else gets treated like a redheaded stepchild, except CVs and IJN DDs, which get treated like Marvin from Pulp Fiction.  If there's ever a accidental buff to an IJN DD, WG profusesly appologizes to the BB players, doesn't even wait for the next scheduled patch, and not only removes the buff, but makes sure that they nerf the IJN DDs even more, for having the temerity of asking that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, a BB should NOT be able to regularly hit them with AP for 50% of their health at 15km away, and that they could possibly average more than 1 or 2 torpedo hits per game.

WG to DD (and especially IJN DD) players:

t3VqTmj.gif

Edited by EAnybody
  • Cool 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

At this point if you want a good WTR you be a sucker to play anything other than battleships or cruisers. 133 point hike in 2 days of just playing those two classes, Okay and little playing incredibly passive compared to normal.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[TBOW]
Members
336 posts
4,185 battles

4 games Is not a big enough sample size to say something is "op" let alone be an accurate measure of someones skill in any given class of ship.

• Cool 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

How about career size BTW how did I suddenly get so good in 2 days after being horrible for the previous 45? I tend to get more damage in Carriers and get more wins in Cruisers. BBs are the sweet spot of both numbers As soon as I removed to three other drags on my score from the equation it spiked.

59d15cfcce95e_2017-10-01(2).thumb.png.b00c22299dddd0f4c1ad02553144fc78.png

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,259 posts
15 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

How about career size BTW how did I suddenly get so good in 2 days after being horrible for the previous 45? I tend to get more damage in Carriers and get more wins in Cruisers. BBs are the sweet spot of both numbers As soon as I removed to three other drags on my score from the equation it spiked.

VXAz9Nk.png?1

I'd reckon that if you brought the survivability of your other ships to this level, you'd see a similar increase in stats, and your ability to influence games. Surviving longer is one of the easiest ways to do more damage and contribute to your team, and should probably be your goal for improvement. I'd be happy to share some tips and tricks to living longer, if you'd care to hear them sometime. Just ask anytime.   

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,794 posts
6,163 battles
25 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

59d15cfcce95e_2017-10-01(2).thumb.png.b00c22299dddd0f4c1ad02553144fc78.png

Your stats yesterday were just as abysmal as your normal stats, with only batrleship games played.  

This is called "confirmation bias" and "lack of sample size".

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,989 battles

Nope, you just finally got into a class that the team can carry you in while you sit back and do damage. Want a ship class that requires skill to do well because more than 60% of the player base can't figure out how they operate? Destroyers.

xQw6y8p.jpg

Gotta work on those DD skills bro :Smile-_tongue:

Members
17 posts
2,271 battles
On 10/1/2017 at 6:19 AM, EAnybody said:

Well, since this game really has been "World of Battleships [and some other things we let them shoot at]", it's no surprise that BBs are overpowered.

WG caters to the BB players. it's that simple. Everything else gets treated like a redheaded stepchild, except CVs and IJN DDs, which get treated like Marvin from Pulp Fiction.  If there's ever a accidental buff to an IJN DD, WG profusesly appologizes to the BB players, doesn't even wait for the next scheduled patch, and not only removes the buff, but makes sure that they nerf the IJN DDs even more, for having the temerity of asking that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, a BB should NOT be able to regularly hit them with AP for 50% of their health at 15km away, and that they could possibly average more than 1 or 2 torpedo hits per game.

WG to DD (and especially IJN DD) players:

t3VqTmj.gif

Aw man i shot marvin in the face.   

I dont know why everyone seems to think BBs are op.  Im a BB main and maybe not very good at the game but with BB's my favorite being the Iowa/MO or the Monty i dont feel over powered at all.  If you over extend in a BB you get burn to death, or get torped if you sit to far back you youre very effective in helping your team win.  While i totally agree that DDs taking regular pens from BB's is not needed in game if youre close in 10KMs or less and i fire a a 12 gun salvo and hit 6 shells and they over pen that is approx half the health of any dd.   I dont think BBs are OP as a whole but there some areas where they are.  

Members
17 posts
2,271 battles

Im a BB main trust me they are not op even in my favorite BB the Montana i cant go lone wolfing around the map wrecking house.  In any BB if you over extend your burn to death from focus fire HE spam. or you die to a torp salvo.

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,246 battles

Yea. No. See, BBs are far from OP. The closest to 'balanced' is the Bismarck, and while there is a problem with Brit BBs spamming massively OP HE/FIRE, that problem is not the BB themselves but the failtardly broken HE/FIRE mechanic that WG has been pedaling since Beta.  Nerf the Fire problem, watch the problems across the board settle down - but then doing so would expose just how asininely OP IJN DDs and DDs in general are.

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Or you could just play BB's because you like their historical importance. CV's have a legit gripe about being underpowered(cause in real life they were strong enough to kill the BB as a concept) everyone else though is weak cause their ships are actually weaker. BB's are actually nerfed by the game naturally having ships play solo and fall out of formation, DD's are OP as hell if they just learned that charging an entire team to get a cap doesn't work. As a BB player when I see a DD that's not on death's door I leave whatever area I'm in. Cruisers IMO make up for being weak by being super fun to play. Games all in all pretty balanced except for the CV's and if the CV's were as strong as they were IRL there would be no game.  

I also think a problem with the game has putting Battlecruisers on the BB line so now people think Kongo and Hood are BB's, no they aren't they are battlecruisers, so there's examples of non battleships doing just fine. Kongo even won my poll for best TV BB despite not being a BB.  

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,594 posts
2,415 battles

WTR is a bad metric.  It favors damage over other things, which favors BBs.

Members
63 posts
574 battles
On 08/10/2017 at 4:14 AM, lidzyftw said:

Aw man i shot marvin in the face.   

I dont know why everyone seems to think BBs are op.  Im a BB main and maybe not very good at the game but with BB's my favorite being the Iowa/MO or the Monty i dont feel over powered at all.  If you over extend in a BB you get burn to death, or get torped if you sit to far back you youre very effective in helping your team win.  While i totally agree that DDs taking regular pens from BB's is not needed in game if youre close in 10KMs or less and i fire a a 12 gun salvo and hit 6 shells and they over pen that is approx half the health of any dd.   I dont think BBs are OP as a whole but there some areas where they are.  

I got Torpedoed for the first time in a Battleship by a Destroyer from nearly 7km away lmbo usually i never get Torpedoed because i always start to turn whenever i see a Destroyer sailing parallel to me and is not further than 9km but this time the Torping Destroyer never showed up and i never got the chance to turn

Sign in to follow this