Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

Diggin' the KM DD line..

17 comments in this topic

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Played them in test awhile back and liked it enough to start the grind.  Up to the Z23 at T8 really liking the play.  The 150's are just what the doc ordered.  6 cits on an Atlanta last game with AP..  He never had a chance on me even having me spotted.  Running a 6.2 conceal range with 9.5 torps.. Pretty much shooting fish in a barrel.  I have my troubles in some games..  radar and CV planes spotting me and the like, but in the right game it is a force.  Finally found a ship to break me out of my loooong BB grind. 

On a side note, played the De Greasy a few games today that I got from a container awhile back..  that isn't a bad little ship either.  Been good to get back in a groove (for me anyway which means about 50%) after having a funk on me last week. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,697 posts
4,256 battles

Nice. Glad to hear more players branching out to new lines.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,662 posts

De Grasse is excellent cruiser... one of my favorites. I just started the same DD line, am at the Gaede right now. When do i get hydro? :fish_cute_2::cap_haloween:

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I semi-rage sold the Gaede

Felt like I was commanding a tugboat. 

Gaede was a love hate.  It was "THAT SHIP" in the line you just had to push past.  Every line has one. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

De Grasse is excellent cruiser... one of my favorites. I just started the same DD line, am at the Gaede right now. When do i get hydro? :fish_cute_2::cap_haloween:

The Greasy was a real nice surprise when I got her from a Super Container.  I decked her out, popped in a 10pt capt I had laying around, and she was a blast to play.  I haven't had that much fun in a cruiser in a long time.  Not since back in the day when Cleve ran rampant.  This was like a little Cleve with bossy 9k torps.  lol. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
5 minutes ago, Feminist said:

Cool story bro.

Cool comment She-man, non gender specific, passive aggressive, pick your battles, act like you have a cause, person. 

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,569 posts
20,090 battles

You will love the Z-52 with the hydro module. Don’t want to spoil too much. A solid DD branch, only the T-22 was the rotten egg for me. Got also the De Grasse from a supercontainer. But she feels terrible after I got the Henri IV. T8+ is the part were this line start to shine for me. Even I failed my way up, the baguette boats put me most of the time in terrible teams. Won enough killed by baguette while the game was a loss.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Erebthoron said:

You will love the Z-52 with the hydro module. Don’t want to spoil too much. A solid DD branch, only the T-22 was the rotten egg for me. Got also the De Grasse from a supercontainer. But she feels terrible after I got the Henri IV. T8+ is the part were this line start to shine for me. Even I failed my way up, the baguette boats put me most of the time in terrible teams. Won enough killed by baguette while the game was a loss.

Yeah I played the 52 in test.  that was what got me going. 

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
17,880 battles
41 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Cool comment She-man, non gender specific, passive aggressive, pick your battles, act like you have a cause, person. 

:cap_like:

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

so, you like the DD with lousy conceal, lousy rudder and bad smoke.  :D   good job.    I just got it and   been dreading this boat.   only reason I got it is because I have nice camo for it  :D

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
4 minutes ago, centarina said:

so, you like the DD with lousy conceal, lousy rudder and bad smoke.  :D   good job.    I just got it and   been dreading this boat.   only reason I got it is because I have nice camo for it  :D

I have a 6.2 conceal and a 9.5 torp range.  My smoke may not be the best, but it hides me enough and saves my bacon a lot.  I have better camo than the free one we just got.  I run the 150 guns on her and literally took down an Atlanta with 6 Cits before she could even figure out what was going on.  150's aren't much at the high tier, but figure you got just about Cleve guns running at a fast reload and on a down tier game you can eat cruisers with AP.  HE takes out any DD that comes around even up tier.  IF you don't like this ship you are playing her wrong.   oh..  1 mil gets you the rudder shift upgrade.  just saying. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[SYN]
Members
111 posts
9,225 battles

I liked the tier VIII, but the IX and X seem to be the real gems of the line.

You don't get the 150's anymore, but those fast firing 128's with AP will wreck any DD that gives you a broadside...

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, MrSharkswith said:

I liked the tier VIII, but the IX and X seem to be the real gems of the line.

You don't get the 150's anymore, but those fast firing 128's with AP will wreck any DD that gives you a broadside...

Yeah I am really wanting to get to the 52.  that is the goal.  Played it in test and it just Wreked it.  i'll take the smaller cal guns. 

Sign in to follow this