Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

Purchasing issues

10 comments in this topic

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
460 posts

Not entirely sure this is the right place to put this, so please move if needed.

I tried to purchase something on the shop earlier today, a couple of times, and none of the transactions went through. Ive never had an issue with anything before, so I called the card company (bancorp bank for those curious, its what my paycheck is put onto) and they said that the purchases were from a prohibited country? Not company, country. 

Anyone else have any issues like this?

[WOLF1]
Members
3,788 posts
1,509 battles

Coming from Cyprus, if I remember correctly.  My bank did ping me about it, as I get SMS alerts.  I approved them, and haven't had any issues.

Yes, checked my bank's list: The transactions come via Nicosia, Cyprus.  You'll have to see if your bank will allow it or not.  Just don't blame it on WG.  My bank allows it, although they did question me to make sure I said it was legitimate.

Edited by mavfin87

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
460 posts

Yeah, they said something about Cyprus. They wouldnt ask me if I would allow the charges, just said that it was a prohibited country.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,568 posts
20,090 battles

Happens. One of my cards got shut down when I payed a language course for my wife. Reason: there were cases when people paid that language school with stolen credit cards. Two of my cards work with Wargaming, one not. Cyprus has a name for money laundering, tax evasion etc.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,788 posts
1,509 battles
4 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

Yeah, they said something about Cyprus. They wouldnt ask me if I would allow the charges, just said that it was a prohibited country.

That's your bank's rules.  If they won't allow it, even though you say it's legit, you'll have to buy some other way.

Got this from a payment page on a website, just for a bit more info.

These services are provided by Wargaming Group Limited.
105, Agion Omologiton Avenue, Nicosia 1080, Cyprus
+357 22 864444

Wargaming.com

PS: if your bank still refuses, I'd probably change to a different bank.  It's my money, not theirs.

Edited by mavfin87

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
460 posts
Just now, Erebthoron said:

Happens. One of my cards got shut down when I payed a language course for my wife. Reason: there were cases when people paid that language school with stolen credit cards. Two of my cards work with Wargaming, one not. Cyprus has a name for money laundering, tax evasion etc.

I wonder why they dont move to a different place then? I mean, I can understand moving your location isnt an easy task, but it would save a lot of people time and ease up on the frustration.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,788 posts
1,509 battles
4 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

I wonder why they dont move to a different place then? I mean, I can understand moving your location isnt an easy task, but it would save a lot of people time and ease up on the frustration.

Lots of banks work with them fine.  You do know WG is a *Russian* company, right?  Cyprus is probably their hub for contact with the Western financial system.

This is about your bank, not WG.  

PS: Gaijin.net (War Thunder, etc) also runs payments through Cyprus.  I'd guess it's the place where Russians connect to the West.

Edited by mavfin87

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,568 posts
20,090 battles
22 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

Cyprus is the easiest west European country where Russians get a visa. And also because of their low taxes. 

Members
2,746 posts
5,723 battles

Fun Fact: Wargaming owns a quarter of the second-largest bank in Cyprus. If you read the news you can guess why that is "interesting

[IXM]
Members
231 posts
3,762 battles

Wow I didn't know this.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-07/cyprus-bank-gets-cash-infusion-from-video-game-company.html

Also from that article.

Wargaming is also preparing to release "World of Warplanes" and "World of Battleships."

I had to laugh at World of Battleships. :Smile_Default:

Sign in to follow this