You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ibrah_hero

How is the Dunkerque?

How is the Dunkerque?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How is the Dunkerque?

• Good
    • Have No opinion or have not tried it
    • Bad
    • Ehh
    • Decent
    • Not bad but not good

19 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
88 posts
3,768 battles

How is the Dunkerque?

List reason below

Edited by Ibrah_hero

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,184 posts
12,189 battles

A capable BB, not the best or anything, but at t6 it's the BB I have the most fun playing. It's fast and can be played aggressively with those forward turrets, but you can also bow on when you need to.

Beta Testers
283 posts
8,683 battles

One of the ship I love the most.   I have fun playing as a Cruiser hunter with AP.  Some BB with full broadside if not, I HE away.   That ship got me back into the game when I was getting annoyed and bored.  Like it is said not the best but fun factor is way up there for me.  I like also to let a target behind me get targeted by my Secondaries while I go away to finish the kill lol

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
88 posts
3,768 battles
2 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Amazing ship in reverse obviously.

without historical reasons?

Members
1,393 posts
3,718 battles
1 minute ago, Ibrah_hero said:

without historical reasons?

Lol no its amazing in reverse in battle in game thats how it plays best all guns to the front :D .

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles

It's great as long as what your pointed at can't over match your bow. Running from those things suck as backing up doesn't work that well and you have only secondary guns facing aft.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,394 battles

I won't lie, I scored her as being good and I did so for 3 reasons.
#1 - your scale is so arbitrary that I basically just said, "The ship isn't bad so therefore it must be good."
#2 - I genuinely do like the ship. It certainly has strengths and weaknesses and it has a very unique playstyle that not everyone likes, but I find it to be a decent ship. A few basic pros/cons. Her guns have high pen and good velocity so leading is easy. Good HE shells, good mobility for a battleship, better protection than most people realize. If you don't give people hand caligraphed invitations to your citadel spaces, she can actually take hits pretty well. Some bad aspects are that her guns are inaccurate and cannot overmatch like a larger caliber gun can, so that offsets the high pen of the AP and the shell velocity some. Her main armament being all forward does mean you can't really retreat and fight that well, and her armor works better when bow on than stern on. Her AA is weak and the seconaries are pretty bad too. 

#3 - If you can get into the groove with Dunk, she can be really fun to play because of her speed, quirky style, and decent firepower.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,985 posts
4,714 battles

I thing I like is that I don't have to pre-aim my turrets since I don't have a back turret and all of my firepower will be wherever I'll be looking at.

Just one less thing to worry about

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

After you get used to having all guns forward, she's a damn good ship. Her HE rivals Brit HE for fire starting. (Dunk and KGV are the only BBs that I've gotten "arsonist" with) I've gotten cits on Cruisers with Dunk's HE too. Her AP is excellent at medium to close range and she's a lot tougher than folks seem to realize. However, her gun's accuracy varies widely. Sometimes you get a nice tight pattern and other times her shells scatter all over.

Dunk was my primary ship in the last Ranked season and I did pretty good with her.

Members
1,712 posts
9,107 battles

Hey

I said it was not good but not bad either.  The ship is very situational dependent; the guns while have potential to do great damage also have the potential to drive you crazy with how they perform; one minute you could do 6-10K damage and the very next shot do relatively little damage, they are not consistent.  Even hitting broadside, dead in the water DD's with HE; one minute he's eliminated and the next time relatively poor damage, it's just that way even at close range.  The ship's armour is decent bow on but will not hold up broadside, which make turning and fleeing a near impossible feat; if your stopped and are forced to move forward or backwards, she very slow to accelerate which can be said of most BB's, she has no real guns to the rear of course which makes fleeing a problem.  Her AA is rather pathetic, as is her  torpedo protection.  I have had games in the 100K and one of 94K this past week, so she has potential.  She handles decently at speed, good turning, good gun handling, a very good asset ship at the end of the game.  Overall, she is fun to play BUT I love my Graf Spee much more at T6.  Play the Dunkerque more like a cruiser than a BB and she will do fine.  My 2 cents.

Pete

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles

She's one of those ships that shines in mid to late game for me, usually I don't start to score real damage till mid game the battle starts to devolve into melees and that's when the enemy starts giving those glorious broadsides. She's not a carrying ship but more of a force multipler, if your team is doing good then you can work those guns but if their failing then you are mostly sunk

[PT8TO]
Members
284 posts
11,788 battles
20 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Any ship is only as good as its Captain.

What a wise gentleman you are!:Smile_great:

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
42 minutes ago, Gizuke said:

What a wise gentleman you are!:Smile_great:

Wise? maybe.

The thing that most players need to accept is that for most of us it is going to take time to good with most ships.

Someone who has been playing the Dunkerque since it came out will be better than someone who buys it today.

[IBAD]
[IBAD]
Beta Testers
121 posts
3,557 battles

I love my Dunk. One thing I've noticed is that shots fall just a little short. Waterline shots usually plunge, so if you adapt to that and learn her quirks, she's a great ship.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,039 posts
8,229 battles

Fast, agile, and great shells. She's very flexible compared to her same tier counterparts and up tiers better, in IMHO.

Members
1,712 posts
9,107 battles
17 hours ago, pongping2002 said:

I love my Dunk. One thing I've noticed is that shots fall just a little short. Waterline shots usually plunge, so if you adapt to that and learn her quirks, she's a great ship.

Hey

I have seen that also; so add just hold a bit above the water-line and it helps, as long as the sometimes erratic guns don't bite you.  It's a fun ship but play it more like a cruiser than a full fledged BB.  So much fun when you plow smoke and watch a DD melt at close range.......Dangerous BUT AWESOME!

Pete