Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SparvieroVV

Question on flags.

9 comments in this topic

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,202 battles

Are flags in individual files where I can overwrite the d’Aosta premium flag with Cesare’s?

I see here the Cesare premium flag is already in the game files and I’d like to swap them if it is just an easy file to replace. https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/09/29/wows-new-flags-0-6-11-0-0-6-11-1/

thanks!

[SVF]
Members
204 posts
12,647 battles

All the flags are in one file. The file is also some weird nonstandard type that you got to transition from to manipulate then translate back for the game to read. I know there are at least 2 mods out there that change flags, and a tutorial somewhere in this forum about changing it

Modder
1,149 posts
27 minutes ago, Suryn said:

All the flags are in one file. The file is also some weird nonstandard type that you got to transition from to manipulate then translate back for the game to read. I know there are at least 2 mods out there that change flags, and a tutorial somewhere in this forum about changing it

dds isn't anything out of the ordinary, it's a standard file format used for video game textures. Programs such as Photoshop with the Nvidia Texture Tools installed are completely capable of dealing with that particular file format.

[SVF]
Members
204 posts
12,647 battles
1 minute ago, zFireWyvern said:

dds isn't anything out of the ordinary, it's a standard file format used for video game textures. Programs such as Photoshop with the Nvidia Texture Tools installed are completely capable of dealing with that particular file format.

Fair enough, Till you mentioned that plugin I knew of nothing that could handle it natively. Granted I don't really touch much in the way of advanced graphics. Still thanks for the info on it

Modder
1,149 posts
1 minute ago, Suryn said:

Fair enough, Till you mentioned that plugin I knew of nothing that could handle it natively. Granted I don't really touch much in the way of advanced graphics. Still thanks for the info on it

No problem :Smile_honoring:

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,202 battles

Welp I guess I’m staying with the lion of Judah, injera and ethically sourced Ethiopian coffee beans for a while longer. Thanks all. 

[MWM]
Supertester
295 posts
7,287 battles

paint.net can edit the flag files really easy and it's a free program. its honestly a matter of cut & paste, then save.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,019 posts
On 9/30/2017 at 6:11 PM, SparvieroVV said:

Are flags in individual files where I can overwrite the d’Aosta premium flag with Cesare’s?

I see here the Cesare premium flag is already in the game files and I’d like to swap them if it is just an easy file to replace. https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/09/29/wows-new-flags-0-6-11-0-0-6-11-1/

thanks!

It's a piece of cake to edit and even make your own flags with a simple edit of the .DDS, but the big issue is every time they add new flags, the whole file shuffles around positions

[LRM]
Members
2,791 posts
5,579 battles
On 10/2/2017 at 0:35 AM, Chobittsu said:

It's a piece of cake to edit and even make your own flags with a simple edit of the .DDS, but the big issue is every time they add new flags, the whole file shuffles around positions

Because ya know, they can't organize the file once and for all, right?

Sign in to follow this