You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Need a Co-op Forum

30 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,176 posts
12,368 battles

WG please consider adding a Co-op forum here on the WOWS forum site. Lots of us who play that mode and would like to discuss it. Unfortunately when we do/try it leads to a lot of flak with Random mains. A separate forum here would give us a place to discuss without intruding on the PVP's turf.

Thanks.

Note - I mean a subforum in the list not a whole separate site.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 5

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

WG please consider adding a Co-op forum here on the WOWS forum site. Lots of us who play that mode and would like to discuss it. Unfortunately when we do/try it leads to a lot of flak with Random mains. A separate forum here would give us a place to discuss without intruding on the PVP's turf.

Thanks.

Note - I mean a subforum in the list not a whole separate site.

Great Idea AdmiralThunder +1

[PVE]
Members
7,176 posts
12,368 battles

Thanks guys. Check this thread out I started on Co-op. Of course the 1st responder had to be a Co-op basher. Just further shows why we need a Co-op players forum here.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles

I like the idea but not sure it will prevent the trolling by PvE haters. It is a sad human being that must interject their offensive opinion in something they don't really care one way or another about but the forums are dirty with them. 

[PVE]
Members
7,176 posts
12,368 battles

I know it won't stop them all but at least it will weed out some of them who won't go there because it is Co-op related. If trolls go there maybe the Mod's can deal with it and word will get out that it isn't worth it to bait people there?

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Of course the 1st responder had to be a Co-op basher

The thing that gets me most, almost every online game I have played player's base grew when they added, or expanded PvE area, zones etc.. And good part of these so called "hard-core" PvE players would try the PvP, make a better game for all.

BUT the PvP'ers would still hate PvE??

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles

Segregating PvE players from PvP players is not going to help integrating the two play modes and only further the idea of 'the other'.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Segregating PvE players from PvP players is not going to help integrating the two play modes and only further the idea of 'the other'.

Not sure that it is going to hurt anything either. PvE players are going to PvE and PvP players are going to PvP. There already is the idea of "the other" and it is apparent just from what you can read on the forums. I think the smaller population is the players that do both almost equally and then there are some PvE players like myself that only go into Random to farm rewards since Wargaming will not allow completion of missions or the like in my preferred game mode. The Red October missions are a fine example of the exclusion of PvE players. 

Wargaming has made it clear that they want people in PvP mostly and through their missions they push PvE players in that direction. You call it integration, I call it extermination. They don't want us playing Co-op especially at higher tiers. They want us in PvP so stat padding, mediocre players can boost their numbers, better players can farm xp, and shorten queue times. When I go into a PvP game now it is to farm rewards only. Don't care about the team, team play, or team objectives. If my mission is to kill BBs, I will ignore everything else and try to kill BBs. If I have to start fires, will spam HE with my BBs even if AP would be a better choice. Whatever the mission or campaign requirement is what I focus on and that is it. It disgusts me and I would never do that in PvE, but since I want to participate in the missions/campaigns, I do it. 

We are already excluded, we are already "the others". I don't care about PvP play or players. I could care less if it shuts down completely it matters that little to me. In other words, I care about PvP play the way most PvP players and Wargaming feels about PvE play/players. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles

Aaaaaaaand there's the PvP bashing.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Aaaaaaaand there's the PvP bashing.

Yeah the forums are just full of it.........................

• Cool 1

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,461 posts
8,988 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I know it won't stop them all but at least it will weed out some of them who won't go there because it is Co-op related. If trolls go there maybe the Mod's can deal with it and word will get out that it isn't worth it to bait people there?

Although I like the idea, I don't see it happening, Lert has a good point.

What PVE players really need to do is try and grow a thicker skin, lets be honest, the only time you experience any kind of "PVE hate" is on the forums.

We sure as heck don't get it in game, so just try and ignore them. 

I do quite well in PVE as far as credits and XP goes, WG doesn't have to cater to me in any special way simply because I don't play their desired format.

This game is a blast, and it is what it is. =)

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,831 posts
7,976 battles

Its not a bad idea to have a

Co-op forum, don't play Co-op much myself and use it mostly to play a new ship a few times before taking to random battles 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles
1 minute ago, SpudZero said:

Although I like the idea, I don't see it happening, Lert has a good point.

What PVE players really need to do is try and grow a thicker skin, lets be honest, the only time you experience any kind of "PVE hate" is on the forums.

We sure as heck don't get it in game, so just try and ignore them. 

I do quite well in PVE as far as credits and XP goes, WG doesn't have to cater to me in any special way simply because I don't play their desired format.

This game is a blast, and it is what it is. =)

Well of course you don't get PvE hate in game because we are playing with other PvE players. Now with that said, this last "collection" event forced PvP players into PvE games and there was plenty of obnoxious behavior from them towards the normal PvE players. So to answer your question about the last time, I say last week... Multiple times.. Multiple days.. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles
16 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah the forums are just full of it.........................

And that makes it ok, then?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

And that makes it ok, then?

Oh please, you have been around long enough to know that it isn't a thing. You are just playing victim. You know damn well if any thread about PvE play starts, some idiot has to mention it is easy mode or the like. You know that is not the case with PvP related posts. Bite me. 

Just for the record I don't hate PvP or PvP only players, I am just indifferent to them.

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,461 posts
8,988 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well of course you don't get PvE hate in game because we are playing with other PvE players. Now with that said, this last "collection" event forced PvP players into PvE games and there was plenty of obnoxious behavior from them towards the normal PvE players. So to answer your question about the last time, I say last week... Multiple times.. Multiple days.. 

Sorry to hear that, I didn't experience that, with Co-op matches ending so quickly many times, one wonders how they have time to type the hate lol

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles
9 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Just for the record I don't hate PvP or PvP only players, I am just indifferent to them.

Riiiiiiiiiight. Indifferent. You sure sounded indifferent.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

Riiiiiiiiiight. Indifferent. You sure sounded indifferent.

Just indifferent, don't care one way or the other about PvP play. You can read all you want to in that, I just don't care. Now scoot along and reply to all those terrible anti PvP posts in the forums. That must keep you so busy... 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Just indifferent

Right. That's why there was absolutely no bashing of any kind happening until you started it. And that's why you keep responding to this and trying to defend yourself, because you're 'indifferent'.

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,660 posts
2,989 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

I actually think this is a good idea as it will also allow a section for Operations as well as an entire area that the Dev team can look into for feed back on that set of PvE operations. Right now it makes it difficult for those wanting to give feed back on that section of the game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles
33 minutes ago, Lert said:

Right. That's why there was absolutely no bashing of any kind happening until you started it. And that's why you keep responding to this and trying to defend yourself, because you're 'indifferent'.

LOL seriously? All I said was stat padders!! Poor baby, such an insult to the PvP community, by God I should be stripped and sprayed. Lert you are insufferable and pathetic. Now that is a bashing. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles
18 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

LOL seriously?

Riiiiiight.

Then why so defensive? I mean, if you truly have nothing to be defensive about, why are you shouting and screaming at me and insulting me? I've been calm, polite and patient with you. I've not raised my voice. I've not used exclamation points. I've not insulted you. I've not even said anything firmly against your idea, as I'm not against it. Yet all you're doing now is throw a tantrum.

Anyways, you'll be happy to know I'm vacating this thread. You've made it absolutely clear you have no interest in continuing, and I have no interest in listening to your tantrum and getting childish insults thrown at me.

[SALVO]
Members
18,281 posts
18,863 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

It's not possible to "integrate" PvE and PvP modes.  They are far too different to integrate.  WG could to things to make PvE mode more enjoyable for its regular players, though I doubt they will because they seem to prefer people play PvP.  While it may be possible to enhance the sense of "otherness" between PvP and PvE, I think that it's a pipe dream to think that they could integrate the two modes.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles
53 minutes ago, Lert said:

Riiiiiight.

Then why so defensive? I mean, if you truly have nothing to be defensive about, why are you shouting and screaming at me and insulting me? I've been calm, polite and patient with you. I've not raised my voice. I've not used exclamation points. I've not insulted you. I've not even said anything firmly against your idea, as I'm not against it. Yet all you're doing now is throw a tantrum.

Anyways, you'll be happy to know I'm vacating this thread. You've made it absolutely clear you have no interest in continuing, and I have no interest in listening to your tantrum and getting childish insults thrown at me.

ROFL my defensive/offensive/insulting use of exclamation points.... That is new. 

Will say it again, don't care. Not throwing a tantrum, am laughing my buttocks off at your inability to read. Now fly off to defend the poor PvP community who is under merciless assault in the forums every time they make a post by the evil PvE players that just won't let them alone. 

BTW Crucis is right, you really can not integrate the die hards on either side. I think OPs may bridge a gap but mainly by virtue of the rewards involved. 

Edited by Taylor3006