Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
torrey

get rid of karma points or fix it

16 comments in this topic

[ENDER]
Members
9 posts
9,831 battles

Please dump the Karma point system it is so bad and it doesn't really work the way it should. I lost a karma points because a bunch of guys in a division didn't like the direction I was going in so they were like report "this" guy...bam karma points gone. you wanna give someone karma points what about if they are in the top 3 or top 5 experience at the end of the match...inst that a bit better then relying on a  system that anyone can trash your points because they don't like something you did? or just don't like you at all? My team mate was chat banned so he could not say anything but a division didn't like the way we were playing so BAM trash his karma points ohh and we were both in the top 5 experience at the end of the match.

Revamp it and give karma points for playing good and maybe more people will learn to play better because well they are getting some kind of recognition out of it.

• Cool 1

[STW-D]
Supertester
1,651 posts
5,542 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

If karma points dont matter, why do you care?

f7FdEdG.jpg

[CK5]
Members
873 posts
7,646 battles

I don't think Karma points are working as intended and are now essentially useless, but they can be used as a club to discredit someone another player simply doesn't like.  The problem is, people do care about their point totals even if they have no actual value.  

[ENDER]
Members
9 posts
9,831 battles

Well with the current system if enough people complain and you go into negative karma points(which you don't see) you will be chat banned. see the problem?

[NO_CV]
[NO_CV]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,711 battles

You have to consider that you are the balancing point for your own karma.

Play really well? Those that compliment you will outweigh those that report you. 

Don't play very well? Those that report you will outweigh those that compliment you. 

The same thing applies to people complimenting/reporting you for not liking you as a player on a personal level. 

Simply stated, your ability in-game, as well as your friendliness/helpfullness and willing to assist teammates, form the basis for people complimenting/reporting you. 

There are plenty of outliers, trolls, etc., but the above points form the majority of the reasons that people use the karma system. 

If you are getting reported a lot, maaaaaaaayyybe you should reflect on exactly why that is?

In the end, none of it really matters, because nobody else can see your karma. 

[HEROS]
Members
1,786 posts
5,675 battles

even though you were off stat padding damage instead of joining the lemon train, you think just because you were top 5 XP you should be immune from bad karma? I feel strongly you should get extra bad karma, in game and real life for doing exactly what you did, and how you did it. butt actually, I have no opinion as I just don't care about karma, it's waaaay down on the list of broken game mechanics. izumo.

but I don't understand. and I want to understand. no, actually I don't want to understand. it's a team based game, in which most players don't play as team members, and then wonder why it all goes wrong/badly and somebody takes an instant karma dump on their poor innocent heads. izumo.

there is no way to negative karma your post. if there was, I wouldn't do it, because karma we get you in the end. with no lube. izumo.

[ENDER]
Members
9 posts
9,831 battles

get textbook answer doctor....but this is the real world

Most people dont give karma points because really I bet they don't even know they exist.

I always try to play well I don't like to hide, lemming or sit at max range when I need to support my team. Other people dont like to play like that so I get reported for asking then to help, stop hiding or just "can you get out of your smoke so you can spot" BAM there go my karma points. I think its called butt hurt yea that's it.

Do I get mouthy sometimes yup I do and I wont deny it and I have been chat banned for that...but I have also been chat banned just asking people to play the game.

And in the end it does matter because it can be used in the wrong way to get people chat banned for no reason..that i don't like.An automated system that relies on peoples honesty just cant work because it can easily be exploited.

[ENDER]
Members
9 posts
9,831 battles

not acceptable you know nothing about me, if you did you would know I don't pad damage sorry to disappoint you. you seem to be fine with the lemming push so you just keep doing it, I on the other hand like to try and win so I wont leave a flank open just so I can hide behind an island.

This will be the one and only reply to you good day.

[PT-SD]
Members
104 posts
10,319 battles

It would be nice in clan battles to have a commander who new how to give orders and not to 

make the assumption that players know how to to play a clan battle. So until this happens I not

join a clan. If there is a clan who willing to train a newbie and treat them with respect I would join

in a instant. This nerd blamed me for the loss of the battle called me useless. Had he given a clear

order I may have been able to help them win!!  NEVER AGAIN WILL BE TREATED WITH THE

DISRESPECT I RECEIVED AFTER THIS CLAN BATTLE

[ENDER]
Members
9 posts
9,831 battles

and there ya go perfect example I just got chat banned because a division of 3 players didn't like that I went to a different cap then them. And the direction I went to was the only one that capped.I asked why I cant go this way and I was told it common knowledge to go the other way.

Sign in to follow this