Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Depth386

5 Kills but No Kraken

17 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,830 posts
6,887 battles

The game has registered the Omaha as a surviving ship for some reason :Smile_teethhappy:

Error 404: Kill not found

Interesting catch

[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

The game has registered the Omaha as a surviving ship for some reason :Smile_teethhappy:

Error 404: Kill not found

Interesting catch

LOL Yeah he was the last one I shot at and I presumably blew up right about the same time as he did... or did not. Schrodinger's Cruiser.

[PSP]
Members
7,956 posts
10,499 battles
8 minutes ago, Depth386 said:

LOL Yeah he was the last one I shot at and I presumably blew up right about the same time as he did... or did not. Schrodinger's Cruiser.

I've  been in situations where my ship and the enemy ship I was battling with sunk simultaneously. I think the game considers such events sort of a draw because nobody gets an "It's Just a Flesh Wound" award either.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,703 posts
4,256 battles
14 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I've  been in situations where my ship and the enemy ship I was battling with sunk simultaneously. I think the game considers such events sort of a draw because nobody gets an "It's Just a Flesh Wound" award either.

That and sometimes multiple First Bloods can happen too.

[USCC2]
Members
4,408 posts
28 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

You could submit a support ticket with the screenshots.

I doubt Depth386 is overly concerned with the award (or maybe he is?); probably just throwing out one of those Outer Limits/Twilight Zone moments. :Smile_Default:

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,050 battles

True, the award may not matter.  I was also thinking of alerting WOWS to a possible bug/issue.  The ticket tracking system highlights/discovers issues based on number of tickets and there might turn out to be an issue.

[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles

I'm not pro but I do have a number of Krakens so yeah it's more just for the lulz.

But I do feel it's a bit of a bug, you'd think the "end of battle" would be a time stamp taken from the server and there'd be no timing issues with local client PCs.

Edit: I want the 10x Signal Flags :-p

And here's my overall performance thingy

dark.png

Edited by Depth386

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,359 battles

I have seen this posted before as a bug, been a while though. Seems several things have to happen just before the game ends, just can't remember the exact circumstances for it to occur. Definitely put in a ticket. 

[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles
13 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have seen this posted before as a bug, been a while though. Seems several things have to happen just before the game ends, just can't remember the exact circumstances for it to occur. Definitely put in a ticket. 

8 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

You could submit a support ticket with the screenshots.

Alright I made a ticket I'll let you know what they say :-)

[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles

Here it is, nice and quick if I may say so. For that I tip my hat to WG.

I don't love the wording the guy used, it's like a marginal... barely an admission of inconsistent logic in the game.

But the reply was fast! Like a pizza in 45 minutes or it's free.

EndOfBattle_Reply1.png

• Cool 1

[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles
4 hours ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

^that makes sense, shall we add 5 seconds on the battle after the last ship is sunk?

I wouldn't even ask for that as I feel it may be a little greedy " just because I didn't get it"

Rather what I see as a real problem is that one screen (the XP Team list) shows the Omaha alive and another screen (the detailed report screen) shows that I sank the Omaha.

These are both screenshots from the same game on the same computer. It's inconsistent game logic. A programming error.

If I simply shot my gun too late and didn't get the kill, I wouldn't be here saying anything.

[PEACH]
Beta Testers
396 posts
9,540 battles
On 10/6/2017 at 6:13 AM, Depth386 said:

I wouldn't even ask for that as I feel it may be a little greedy " just because I didn't get it"

Rather what I see as a real problem is that one screen (the XP Team list) shows the Omaha alive and another screen (the detailed report screen) shows that I sank the Omaha.

These are both screenshots from the same game on the same computer. It's inconsistent game logic. A programming error.

If I simply shot my gun too late and didn't get the kill, I wouldn't be here saying anything.

i mean wg's reply.. about the battle ending as soon as you're killed therefore it doesn't get that time to register your kill

[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles
16 hours ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

i mean wg's reply.. about the battle ending as soon as you're killed therefore it doesn't get that time to register your kill

Yeah I see how it happened, I just think the End of Battle Screen should have said 4 kills, and the Detailed Report should not have shown that I sank the Omaha.

Sign in to follow this