Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Depth386

5 Kills but No Kraken

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,362
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,830 posts
6,887 battles

The game has registered the Omaha as a surviving ship for some reason :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Error 404: Kill not found

 

Interesting catch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

The game has registered the Omaha as a surviving ship for some reason :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Error 404: Kill not found

 

Interesting catch

LOL Yeah he was the last one I shot at and I presumably blew up right about the same time as he did... or did not. Schrodinger's Cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,601
[PSP]
Members
7,956 posts
10,499 battles
8 minutes ago, Depth386 said:

LOL Yeah he was the last one I shot at and I presumably blew up right about the same time as he did... or did not. Schrodinger's Cruiser.

 

I've  been in situations where my ship and the enemy ship I was battling with sunk simultaneously. I think the game considers such events sort of a draw because nobody gets an "It's Just a Flesh Wound" award either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,703 posts
4,256 battles
14 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

 

I've  been in situations where my ship and the enemy ship I was battling with sunk simultaneously. I think the game considers such events sort of a draw because nobody gets an "It's Just a Flesh Wound" award either.

That and sometimes multiple First Bloods can happen too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
991
[USCC2]
Members
4,408 posts
28 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

You could submit a support ticket with the screenshots.

I doubt Depth386 is overly concerned with the award (or maybe he is?); probably just throwing out one of those Outer Limits/Twilight Zone moments. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,050 battles

True, the award may not matter.  I was also thinking of alerting WOWS to a possible bug/issue.  The ticket tracking system highlights/discovers issues based on number of tickets and there might turn out to be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles

I'm not pro but I do have a number of Krakens so yeah it's more just for the lulz.

But I do feel it's a bit of a bug, you'd think the "end of battle" would be a time stamp taken from the server and there'd be no timing issues with local client PCs.

 

Edit: I want the 10x Signal Flags :-p

And here's my overall performance thingy

dark.png

Edited by Depth386

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,949
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,359 battles

I have seen this posted before as a bug, been a while though. Seems several things have to happen just before the game ends, just can't remember the exact circumstances for it to occur. Definitely put in a ticket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles
13 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have seen this posted before as a bug, been a while though. Seems several things have to happen just before the game ends, just can't remember the exact circumstances for it to occur. Definitely put in a ticket. 

 

8 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

You could submit a support ticket with the screenshots.

 

Alright I made a ticket I'll let you know what they say :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles

Here it is, nice and quick if I may say so. For that I tip my hat to WG.

I don't love the wording the guy used, it's like a marginal... barely an admission of inconsistent logic in the game.

But the reply was fast! Like a pizza in 45 minutes or it's free.

EndOfBattle_Reply1.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles
4 hours ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

^that makes sense, shall we add 5 seconds on the battle after the last ship is sunk?

I wouldn't even ask for that as I feel it may be a little greedy " just because I didn't get it"

 

Rather what I see as a real problem is that one screen (the XP Team list) shows the Omaha alive and another screen (the detailed report screen) shows that I sank the Omaha.

These are both screenshots from the same game on the same computer. It's inconsistent game logic. A programming error.

If I simply shot my gun too late and didn't get the kill, I wouldn't be here saying anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[PEACH]
Beta Testers
396 posts
9,540 battles
On 10/6/2017 at 6:13 AM, Depth386 said:

I wouldn't even ask for that as I feel it may be a little greedy " just because I didn't get it"

 

Rather what I see as a real problem is that one screen (the XP Team list) shows the Omaha alive and another screen (the detailed report screen) shows that I sank the Omaha.

These are both screenshots from the same game on the same computer. It's inconsistent game logic. A programming error.

If I simply shot my gun too late and didn't get the kill, I wouldn't be here saying anything.

i mean wg's reply.. about the battle ending as soon as you're killed therefore it doesn't get that time to register your kill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[BEAR]
Members
88 posts
3,098 battles
16 hours ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

i mean wg's reply.. about the battle ending as soon as you're killed therefore it doesn't get that time to register your kill

Yeah I see how it happened, I just think the End of Battle Screen should have said 4 kills, and the Detailed Report should not have shown that I sank the Omaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×