Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

USS Texas

16 comments in this topic

[TOSEY]
[TOSEY]
Members
1,344 posts
21,347 battles

Visited the old girl this week. She's hanging in there after Harvey. They were working inside her to fix leaks. 

_MG_1490.jpg

_MG_1501.jpg

_MG_1504.jpg

• Cool 3

[TOSEY]
[TOSEY]
Members
1,344 posts
21,347 battles
1 minute ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I used to live in La Porte a few blocks away. Went as often as I could.

Lady caught a huge redfish from the new pier area when we were there. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,247 posts
4,975 battles

I saw they put one in or fixed the old one. They added a beach too. When I lived there it was rocky coastline and there were signs up warning people not to swim. Not to fish either I think.

Members
4,203 posts
2 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

Many thanks @Chaos_EN2 looks amazing! I wish I could go on one of those hard hat tours >__<

Np and if you really want to older ship look this one up, I been to her. Of a course nothing in the USA beats the Old Ironsides:Smile_honoring: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Olympia_(C-6)

http://www.phillyseaport.org/olympia

• Cool 1

[MOOK]
Members
101 posts
10,828 battles

They need to take her out of the water.  Old girl is rusting to death.  I have been following the USS TEXAS for awhile now and there have been plans to build a dry slip way or dry dock, something along those lines.  The problem is Funding and the fact that trying to move her may cause severe damage.  I would hope the Great State of Texas would step up and make something happen to get her moved out of the water, she dodged a bullet with the latest Storm but this Grand Old Lady is fighting a loosing battle against Time and the Elements...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,247 posts
4,975 battles
9 minutes ago, Meade1151 said:

They need to take her out of the water.  Old girl is rusting to death.  I have been following the USS TEXAS for awhile now and there have been plans to build a dry slip way or dry dock, something along those lines.  The problem is Funding and the fact that trying to move her may cause severe damage.  I would hope the Great State of Texas would step up and make something happen to get her moved out of the water, she dodged a bullet with the latest Storm but this Grand Old Lady is fighting a loosing battle against Time and the Elements...

I think this makes the third time I've said this. They have the funding and the plans. They are doing structural and electrical repairs through the next year or so then they are building a permanent dry berth. This is happening.

[MOOK]
Members
101 posts
10,828 battles
3 hours ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I think this makes the third time I've said this. They have the funding and the plans. They are doing structural and electrical repairs through the next year or so then they are building a permanent dry berth. This is happening.

I'm very HAPPY to hear that!  This Old Girl deserves to be restored and shared with all upcoming generations.  

Members
409 posts
18 hours ago, KingCakeBaby said:

They do NOT have the funding.  

They have spent the original money on repairs to keep her afloat.  They need a LOT of additional money now to get her repaired and into a dry berth. 

[MOOK]
Members
101 posts
10,828 battles

From what I have read coming out of Texas the state has spent between 40 to 50 million as of now repairing her and keeping her stable.  Is that not correct please let me know. Also,  from what data I have read it's going to cost around another 40 to 60 million to get the dry berth built and have her moved.  I wonder if there is some way WG can get involved and set up a donation site or charity site to help Save The Texas...  

Alpha Tester
1,247 posts
4,975 battles
5 hours ago, JuiceEFruit said:

They do NOT have the funding.  

They have spent the original money on repairs to keep her afloat.  They need a LOT of additional money now to get her repaired and into a dry berth. 

I assure you they do, but I don't really care enough to argue about it anymore. Suffice to say that if you really want to know there are numbers you can call. Geaux Saints.

Sign in to follow this