You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rodak26

Tier 6

67 comments in this topic

[OGZR]
Members
14 posts
2,651 battles

What the hell is wrong with tier 6? T8 matches 90% of the time. I spend money to play this game for this? There is something seriously wrong with MM. 

Edited by Rodak26
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,919 posts
1,564 battles
4 minutes ago, Rodak26 said:

What the hell is wrong with tier 6? T8 matches 90% of the time. [edited]

Because players complain that Tier 6 is uptiered all the time, which means less and less players play that tier, which makes it more and more likely that if you do play Tier 6 you get uptiered because there aren't enough Tier 6 players.  It is a vicious cycle.

Don't get me wrong, this goes back to the matchmaker changes made to 'protect' tier 4 and lower.  The playerbase in general is just making it worse over time by avoiding these tiers.

Edited by kerensky914
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,367 posts
9,723 battles
9 minutes ago, Rodak26 said:

What the hell is wrong with tier 6? T8 matches 90% of the time. I spend money to play this game for this? There is something seriously wrong with MM. 

what can i say other than "Welcome to T6" may as well get used to it, because it'll just keep happening, seeing T9s in T7 and T10s playing a T8, you get used to it after a while

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
7 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Because players complain that Tier 6 is uptiered all the time, which means less and less players play that tier, which makes it more and more likely that if you do play Tier 6 you get uptiered because there aren't enough Tier 6 players.  It is a vicious cycle.

Don't get me wrong, this goes back to the matchmaker changes made to 'protect' tier 4 and lower.  The playerbase in general is just making it worse over time by avoiding these tiers.

WG should fix what they broke.  This shouldn't be put on the players for avoiding tiers that they screwed up the MM in.

• Cool 2

[OGZR]
Members
14 posts
2,651 battles

If they can't fix something as simple as this..... There are some serious imbalances in CV play as well that effect the whole game. I haven't seen anything on the website about fixing them. Time for me to find another game for a while.

Beta Testers
137 posts
7,975 battles

I don't mind getting up-tiered when I go slumming....love taking my 19 point captain Fuso for a spin now and then, or a 19 point Kamikaze R captain.  Hell 15 point Nikolai captain I laugh at all T6 BB that think they can bully me if I am up-tiered. (CV'S that is different in that case.). You will almost always be up-tiered after T4 unless you roll ya 10's out.  Live with it.

Edited by Hystarr
Typo

[POP]
Members
1,285 posts
9,038 battles

What's weird is that I'm constantly uptiered at T8 too. I almost never see T6 ships when I'm in T8. 
That suggests that there are enough T6 players, but that the real problem is a lack of T10 players. So T8 and T9 players get sucked into T10 matches and then there's not enough T8 players, so T6 and T7 get sucked into T8. 

[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,136 battles
13 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

This.

Even t7 had better times, now its t8 battles most of the times.

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
15 minutes ago, Rodak26 said:

Tier 7 is even worse than tier 6.

The very worst thing about tier 6 is the horrific maps there is like 2 and they repeat so much as to kill your will to live.

Tier 7 map rotation is even worse as every battle is tier 9 and the caps are naked for dds and radar is death star strength.

If you get spotted in smoke in cap you are killed from full hp in less than 0.5 seconds.

What about ocean oh my god ................................................. pc off button.

[TBW]
Members
8,247 posts
15,011 battles

It should be +2/-2 across the board or +1/-1 not part of one and part of the other. So come on WG make a choice. You can see that people don't like the way it is.

Beta Testers
137 posts
7,975 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It should be +2/-2 across the board or +1/-1 not part of one and part of the other. So come on WG make a choice. You can see that people don't like the way it is.

Well at T9 it is effectively -2 / +1. So is that WG splitting the difference?

[TBW]
Members
8,247 posts
15,011 battles
3 minutes ago, Hystarr said:

Well at T9 it is effectively -2 / +1. So is that WG splitting the difference?

It's +2 for tier 9 too, there just is no tier 11.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,804 posts
15,516 battles

Has been really bad lately.  Grinding both the Cleveland and Queen Liz, all three randoms last night, bottom tier (three games between the two of them)... decided to take my Bayern out ( been sitting in port for awhile), bottom tier.  For the most part, don't mind if was not every time.  Then said screw this, took out my Tirpitz, bottom tier....  so abandoned lower tiers and took out my Z-52 and Missouri...

Beta Testers
137 posts
7,975 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Ergo the use of the word "effectively".....sigh.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,201 posts
11,379 battles

Doesn't help that tier 6 is also operations, further reducing the numbers of tier 6's in the que.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,022 posts
12,510 battles

I don't understand how T6 can see T8 all the time when T8 complains of seeing T10 all the time...

Unless there are far more T10 games than T8's and correspondingly more T8's than T6's. Which it doesn't seem that there is.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,348 posts
22,775 battles
48 minutes ago, Rodak26 said:

I don't get it though. I don't remember anything like this in WOT, at least when I was playing.

Remember harder.  It's worse in WoT.  Much, much worse.

[SALVO]
Members
22,348 posts
22,775 battles
16 minutes ago, mofton said:

I don't understand how T6 can see T8 all the time when T8 complains of seeing T10 all the time...

Unless there are far more T10 games than T8's and correspondingly more T8's than T6's. Which it doesn't seem that there is.

I think that the thing is that the complainers only remember when they've been bottom tier and forget when they've been top tier.  Typical.

[SALVO]
Members
22,348 posts
22,775 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

Tier VIII matches should not be a problem for your tier VI ships if you are a halfway decent player, just do your job.

Actually, I don't have all that much problem in tier 8 battles when in a tier 6 ship, with one exception.  Slow tier 6 US battleships, while they have the firepower to hurt tier 8 BB's, their lack of speed puts them at a significant advantage on larger maps.  I've had good games in tier 6 US BBs in tier 8 battles, and I've had ones where I did very little because I simply couldn't close to a decent combat range, and, if I was lucky, spent most of the match sniping at max range because those were always the only targets available, no matter how much I wished otherwise.

[SALVO]
Members
22,348 posts
22,775 battles
45 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Hystarr was right.  Tier 9's MM is EFFECTIVELY +1/-2.  Yes, technically, it's +/-2, but with no tier 11, its effective MM spread is the reality.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,362 battles
55 minutes ago, Rodak26 said:

I don't get it though. I don't remember anything like this in WOT, at least when I was playing.

It's because tier 4 and below only go to+1/-1 then 5 and up get +2. So there are no tier 4s to ve dragged up to a tier 6 match.

Though most tier 4s got a nice range buff and can deal with 2 tiers higher.