You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rustydawg

Poll for WG to put more ships in Super Containers

Poll for WG to put more ships into Super Containers!  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Vote Yes or No.

• Yes
    • No

41 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
12,245 posts

What difference does it make?

I haven't seen a single SC this year, over 350 containers  collected since I last saw one. :Smile_teethhappy:

And considering WG has gotten far more tight about giving things away, I'd hardly expect them to give away more random ships....

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I haven't seen a single SC this year, over 350 containers  collected since I last saw one. :Smile_teethhappy:

And considering WG has gotten far more tight about giving things away, I'd hardly expect them to give away more random ships....

This:Smile_great:

[-K-]
Members
7,095 posts
11,636 battles

I vote no.

Winning new ships is nice, but I don't want to see the game proliferated with premium ships that they aren't even special/unique anymore.

• Cool 2

[LTNY]
Members
369 posts
4,771 battles

No more ships
Just get rid of those godawful modules.

• Cool 3

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,890 posts
5,531 battles

As much as I'd love it, do you really expect them to give away the stuff that makes them a profit?

• Cool 1

Members
1,019 posts
8,415 battles

I think you mean to increase the chance to get a ship in a SC ?  Because the roster for premium ships in S-container is 15-20 ships IIRC.

I've got 3 so far (No christmas SC'ers)

• Gremy
  • Perth
  • Leningrad
Edited by Pata1985

[TBW]
Members
8,282 posts
15,043 battles

Why would a sane person vote NO? Would you like the chance to get a ship increase? My first thought however, was that the chance for a Ship would increase if the mostly useless upgrades, were taken out of the SC's and made to get elsewhere besides chance.

• Cool 1

[RST]
Members
421 posts
8,921 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Why would a sane person vote NO? Would you like the chance to get a ship increase?

This.

But, given that WG will not likely increase the chance of winning a premium ship, I'd be fine with elimination of the special modules, or, increasing the general frequency of super containers. 

Free stuff for simply playing is hard to complain about, and this system is better than the previous system for rewards, but super containers have in general become so rare that I'd be fine with a bump in frequency even if it were "just flags".

[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,147 posts
12,370 battles
12 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Why would a sane person vote NO? Would you like the chance to get a ship increase? My first thought however, was that the chance for a Ship would increase if the mostly useless upgrades, were taken out of the SC's and made to get elsewhere besides chance.

A higher SC rate somewhere between the way too often when containers were first put in and the way too rare we have now would be nice.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,393 posts
22,810 battles

First, let me say that I don't know the roster of prem ships that are available by SC, so if I make a bad assumption, don't rip me a new one.

In theory, I suppose that WG could increase the number of ships given away in SC by increasing the number of low tier ships they give away.  They could replace a lot of super upgrades with tier 2 ships.  But I strongly suspect that a lot of players might be ticked off to get a tier 2 ship that they'd rarely ever play rather than getting a more useful prem ship from tier 4 or 5 or higher.

Members
786 posts
3,839 battles
23 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Ditto.  What a relief, I was beginning to think it was something I said or did that might have put me on a super secret SC blacklist.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles

If you play high tier ships you would know the upgrades are not useless. 56 second radar on Des Moines kicks A$$ as well as 3 minute speed boost on my St Louis and HIV and Kiev. Eventually I will get to a point when the upgrades are as useful as the 4 captain slots I keep getting though.

[-S-R-]
Alpha Tester
811 posts
9,131 battles
16 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

I think you mean to increase the chance to get a ship in a SC ?  Because the roster for premium ships in S-container is 15-20 ships IIRC.

I've got 3 so far (No christmas SC'ers)

• Gremy
  • Perth
  • Leningrad

Amazing - I never got one!
Sure I want free premiums but it is not beneficial to WG to give them out. It is a potentially lost revenue.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
22,393 posts
22,810 battles

Super upgrades would become more universally "useful", if there was a special "super upgrades only" upgrade slot.  Right now, many of them don't seem all that valuable because they have to complete with the normal upgrade modules.

Alpha Tester
1,219 posts
4,969 battles

There's two issues with this thread. The first is that I think the problem is the algorithm that dictates when a SC drops. As has been stated they are few and far between. I myself have only seen three since they were introduced to the game and never a ship. If WG increased the probably of SCs, the chances of receiving a premium ship would increase with it. 

The second issue is the 'give me free things' mentality. WG has on occasion presented players with free vehicles across their games, and in return players began to expect it. When WG fails to deliver on 'gifts', the player base grabs their torches and heads to the forum to complain about how tight [edited]the company is. I'm not a fan of WG's current business model. I personally feel like the prices on most premium ships could be halved or that a maximum price tag be set around $25-$30. Premium time could also be dropped by $5 or so and they would wind up selling more for less and making a greater profit. The biggest argument WG has against that is that they want premiums to be unique and not flooding the game, and I don't really foresee that as being a problem. I won't buy many of the premium ships simply because I have no interest in them, and there are/can be many premium ships that are only offered for a limited time or as a reward for in-game actions such as the Flint. I also think that rebalancing such ships shouldn't be considered taboo. Even after supertesting it often takes several iterations before a ship released in a regular tech tree is considered balanced. WG has done a much better job with premium ship balance here than they have with WoT, but it still isn't perfect. You also have to consider that this title may one day become like WoT, where the majority of new content is premium.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
18 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yea now that is great idea, and bring up the chance of a SC to 2%

[HINON]
Supertester
21,729 posts
15,451 battles
22 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Why would a sane person vote NO?

Because more stuff for free for us means that we'll need to buy less of it from WG, and they're going to have to make up the loss of income in other areas. Premium vehicles are one of their main sources of income. If they just start giving them away willy nilly they're going to lose part of that income.

22 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Would you like the chance to get a ship increase?

Not at the cost of other things. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

[TBW]
Members
8,282 posts
15,043 battles
9 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

If you play high tier ships you would know the upgrades are not useless. 56 second radar on Des Moines kicks A$$ as well as 3 minute speed boost on my St Louis and HIV and Kiev. Eventually I will get to a point when the upgrades are as useful as the 4 captain slots I keep getting though.

I did say mostly useless. The radar one is probably the best one. I just think you should be able to buy them, for say twice what you can sell them for. Leave them out of the SC's. It should really not be left to chance that you can put an upgrade on your ship.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[R-F]
Members
1,547 posts
9,130 battles

What I need to show up more often in containers is reserve spots for captains.  I think I've only got 60 extra spots right now.  Unacceptable!

[PHASE]
Members
4,991 posts
16,801 battles
56 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Buy more stuff from the premium shop. I have received two this week alone. I Won't go ten days without getting one.

Alpha Tester
2,413 posts
35 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Not everyone plays high tier ships. I'd be happy to put the speed boost mod on Derzki and the hydro mod on Marblehead, but I can't. Arkansas Beta seems to be the only low tier ship that can equip a special upgrade, the DCP mod. Seeing as these special upgrades are mainly for high tier ships I don't see why they can't be available as rewards for strenuous missions like the Honorable Service campaign.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,245 posts
10 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

Buy more stuff from the premium shop. I have received two this week alone. I Won't go ten days without getting one.

Trying to confirm pay to play bias? :Smile_teethhappy:

It is convenient that I haven't seen an SC since I last spent money on this game, but I question whether WG actually has the capability to manipulate such things, when they seem to have so many issues writing basic code...

[GLF]
Members
879 posts
13,412 battles
41 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Super upgrades would become more universally "useful", if there was a special "super upgrades only" upgrade slot.  Right now, many of them don't seem all that valuable because they have to complete with the normal upgrade modules.

And because there is a limitation on tier for each to be able to use them.