Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pete_Darling

Failed Divisions

11 comments in this topic

[W_H_S]
Members
574 posts
13,052 battles

I thought the new MM did not allow failed divisions? The other day I was in a division with a Tirpitz while playing Akatsuki and we got pulled into a tier 10 battle. I'm not complaining I just thought that it could not happen. Anyone else run in to that?

[-K-]
Members
7,095 posts
11,636 battles

You got pulled up to T10 because you divisioned with a T8 ship.  MM will always base the MM on the highest tier ship in a div, which in your case was the Tirpitz (which is exposed to T10 matchmaking).

The only way to prevent this is by only divisioning with same tier ships.

• Cool 4

[W_H_S]
Members
574 posts
13,052 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You got pulled up to T10 because you divisioned with a T8 ship.  MM will always base the MM on the highest tier ship in a div, which in your case was the Tirpitz (which is exposed to T10 matchmaking).

The only way to prevent this is by only divisioning with same tier ships.

Right I understand why it happened I just thought it couldn't. I guess I assumed they went by the lowest tier ship in a division. Again it's not that I mind all that much, tier 7 in a 10 match just makes me a bunch of credits. 

[HINON]
Supertester
21,729 posts
15,451 battles
Just now, Pete_Darling said:

I guess I assumed they went by the lowest tier ship in a division.

So basically you assumed that divisioning a T7 with a T8 would mean the T8 would never see T10 battles anymore? That's a bit exploitable / abusable, don't you think?

[W_H_S]
Members
574 posts
13,052 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

So basically you assumed that divisioning a T7 with a T8 would mean the T8 would never see T10 battles anymore? That's a bit exploitable / abusable, don't you think?

I suppose it could be - T7/T8 Div in a tier 9 wouldn't be but in a T5 bottom tier, it would be a seal clubbing. 

[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
7,247 battles
13 minutes ago, Pete_Darling said:

I suppose it could be - T7/T8 Div in a tier 9 wouldn't be but in a T5 bottom tier, it would be a seal clubbing. 

And for that reason is why MM is based on the highest tier ship.

[DOG]
Members
714 posts
8,691 battles

I wonder if there are any lower tier ships that would actually have an advantage in a high tier battle.  Maybe something absurd, like a V-25 with concealment expert (4.9km detection range) and torpedo armament expert (34 second torpedo reloads).  I know it would be dealing with radar and hydro, but it's so small it's kind of hard to hit even if you can see it.  Maybe add the flag that gives the 5% speed boost (from 36 kts up to 37.8, and with the speed boost consumable it would be  what? Around 40 kts?).  Of course, if it gets hit by ANYTHING from a tier 9-10 ship, it's instantly deleted.  But if it manages to actually kill a tier 9-10 ship, the points would be outrageous.

[W_H_S]
Members
574 posts
13,052 battles
51 minutes ago, Doutech said:

And for that reason is why MM is based on the highest tier ship.

Lert was almost correct - I actually thought it was based on both ships in the division so a T7/T8 division I thought would only see T6 bottom to T9 top which would be normal for both ships. 

[W_H_S]
Members
574 posts
13,052 battles
1 hour ago, zubalkabir said:

I wonder if there are any lower tier ships that would actually have an advantage in a high tier battle.  Maybe something absurd, like a V-25 with concealment expert (4.9km detection range) and torpedo armament expert (34 second torpedo reloads).  I know it would be dealing with radar and hydro, but it's so small it's kind of hard to hit even if you can see it.  Maybe add the flag that gives the 5% speed boost (from 36 kts up to 37.8, and with the speed boost consumable it would be  what? Around 40 kts?).  Of course, if it gets hit by ANYTHING from a tier 9-10 ship, it's instantly deleted.  But if it manages to actually kill a tier 9-10 ship, the points would be outrageous.

It would be fun to take a V-25 into the Training Room and beat on a Montana, it would take all day to kill it. 

Sign in to follow this