You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
vonKaiser

UI removal in Replays no longer working?

4 comments in this topic

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,890 posts
5,531 battles

I know replays and such are low priority, but did I miss a memo or change?  Ctrl+G used to get rid of the UI and markers to offer a good opportunity for screenshots and captures.  I used it frequently to grab shots to make opening art for my youtube channel.  However, as of the last patch, Ctrl+G doesn't seem to do anything anymore.  Was it changed to another command and I just didn't notice or is it not working for others?

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,551 posts
17,972 battles

You have to use it right away when the match first starts.  Careful - the rest of the match you can't bring up the UI then.  You CAN get around this by spamming the ESC key to bring up the menu (and the UI shows in the background).  I use this so I have a quick look at the minimap or my gun's reload timer.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,724 posts
3,130 battles

I noticed it too. Tried to Ctrl G and nothing happened. It's long past time to officially support replays.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,890 posts
5,531 battles

I'll give that a try Zath.  I usually run the replay one more time after recording and while the video is processing for upload so the loss of the UI during the duration shouldn't bug me too much.  Just nice not having the team list, minimap etc clutter in the preview for my youtube videos :/