Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Malfunction -- Gives a new Adventure for WOWS

4 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,362 posts

Had a UI malfunction IN PORT last night.  Had to reset the game.

Wasn't expecting it, but it came up 3 minutes into a battle, on fire, and under fire.

----------------------  I HAD A GREAT TIME -------------------

After we look into what may have caused this malady.....

How about offering 100% XP (or some other challenge) for the program to select one ship at random from our collection and toss us into a Random battle...

I think that might add a new flavor and interest to our hobby...   being ready for ANYTHING...  

(I might have to get rid of my Lexington)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,362 posts

No commander???

Picks one at random from your reserve..  For those who might want to force it down to one boat by putting all the commanders in reserve - but one.

[-K-]
Members
7,079 posts
11,627 battles
51 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Had a UI malfunction IN PORT last night.  Had to reset the game.

Wasn't expecting it, but it came up 3 minutes into a battle, on fire, and under fire.

----------------------  I HAD A GREAT TIME -------------------

After we look into what may have caused this malady.....

How about offering 100% XP (or some other challenge) for the program to select one ship at random from our collection and toss us into a Random battle...

I think that might add a new flavor and interest to our hobby...   being ready for ANYTHING...  

(I might have to get rid of my Lexington)

I have a list of all my ships numbered and saved in an Excel file, so when I get bored of grinding the same thing, I just use a random number generator to choose a ship for me to take out.

When you have almost 200 ships in port, it's nice sometimes to pull out an oldie that you haven't played in a long time.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,362 posts
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

I have a list of all my ships numbered and saved in an Excel file, so when I get bored of grinding the same thing, I just use a random number generator to choose a ship for me to take out.

When you have almost 200 ships in port, it's nice sometimes to pull out an oldie that you haven't played in a long time.

Another thought is where this can help MM...

Suppose a battle is waiting for a tier 6 CV, or a tier 2 DD....  It can reach out to those 'Adventurous' players and toss them where they are needed.

Maybe call it a 'Random Random' battle.

Might actually lead to more balanced battles..   hmmmm....

Edited by AVR_Project

Sign in to follow this